What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Imagine if the debut trailer showed Batman dodging bombs that seemed to belong to The Joker.

... but then it turns out to be The Trickster who threw the bombs.... and Joker isn't in the game at all.

That is how I feel about Frost and Cold. They teased Flash dodging ice. They got Flash fans excited, and then they crushed them.
Ignoring the fact that there was only one hero in that trailer that was fighting his own villain(CLUE #1 that it wasn't Cold!), it never looked like a beam of ice that would come from an ice gun. It always looked more like an icicle to me, which led me to believe that it wasn't likely to be Captain Cold.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Ignoring the fact that there was only one hero in that trailer that was fighting his own villain(CLUE #1 that it wasn't Cold!), it never looked like a beam of ice that would come from an ice gun. It always looked more like an icicle to me, which led me to believe that it wasn't likely to be Captain Cold.
My guess is that they just lined up who was closer to be who's enemy (since the character those characters were the first to be announced) Wonder Woman with Quinn, since there both women. Solomon Grundy with Batman, since Grundy was Arkam City (and many people think Grundy is a Batman villain) and Superman shooting Lex.

That's why it had me convinced it was Cold.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Didn't Ed Boon say he hated Flash's villains? I mean I'm not 100% sure if that's what he meant.
"Loving The Flash means hating his villains" (from his twitter.)

He said his favorite Flash villain is Professor Zoom. I guess he just hates The Rogues

He asked on twitter which would people prefer for DLC, Martian Manhunter or Professor Zoom (MM obviously got won that)
yeah Boon did say that he hated Flash villains on twitter but i didnt think he would omit them from the game because of it :(
and that Zoom vs MM thing was a joke, Zoon has no chance of being playable and he knows we want Manhunter

1) Ice guns don't exist in real life, so I don't get how you can make that claim.

2) New 52 Captain Cold. Nuff said.

1) Ice guns don't exist in real life, so I don't get how you can make that claim.

2) New 52 Captain Cold. Nuff said.
1) Not going by real life. Just going by every depiction of a freeze ray in DC, be it games, comics, or cartoons. Never look like a huge ice spike.

2) While the armored look may be New 52 inspired, the universe isn't.

Eddyward

Noob
What do ya mean? Look at Raven, she has very little actual armor. Or hell, Killer Frost's primary. She probably has the least armored standard outfit of the whole roster.
True true. I guess I wonder if they would take an armored approach with Black Canary or not.

Hopefully they release a Killer Frost story trailer that might explain why they chose her to the Captain Cold fans (and because I'm dying to see her in game). I wonder if Captain Cold is at least a cameo in the story. Maybe in a Killer Frost or Flash S.T.A.R. Labs mission?

I don't think that Killer Frost's inclusion necessarily means that there's no chance for Captain Cold. She definitely seems like she'll be a power character, and he could be a drastically different gadget character. My boyfriend was extremely skeptical about Black Adam and Shazam! being clone characters, but they turned out to be extremely different from each other. They're even both power characters! They both have lightning themed attacks; there could be two characters with ice themed attacks.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Don't know if anyone's seen this but..

Random AI fights, but..
Video features;
Cyborg-Flash: 0:00-0:36
Nightwing-Arrow: 1:16-1:54
Grundy-Arrow: 2:36 - 3:10
Batman-Arrow: 3:56 - 4:33
Lot of nice stuff to look at, even if each character in it got a relatively short time.

Fight 1 - Cyborg can cancel his string directly into missiles, Flash can dash out but is hit by follow-up projectile.* His Sonic Disruptor also goes into missiles immediately. Crazy set-ups are what I see in the future. Flash has a move kind of like Raiden's superman, moves him a short distance quickly, looks to be a pretty nice cross-up tool. Has a fast advancing overhead that whiffs over Cyborg's head, meter burned as well.

Fight 2 - Dick has some CRAZY combos with his Kali sticks. Insanely fast dashes too. Green Arrow's got a meter burned move that pushes himself back, pushblock, possibly safe? Ground Spark lowers his hitbox quite a bit, moves really fast too. Nightwing has an AA move, throws something(?) up that explodes, was used in his combo as well.

Fight 3 - Grundy has some really good reach on his normals. His advancing grab can be blocked, but his strings don't look safe at all. This could be problematic. Green Arrow got blown up on his blocked slide right away, clearly unsafe. Grundy's advancing slice move was meter burned, no idea what it can do on hit since it was blocked, not safe though. Not much was shown about Grundy's chain grapples, other than one short two-grapple string.

Fight 4 - Too dark. "How about an arrow up your ass!" GG

@ShadowBeats
Krayzie

Cyborg's got it good. :)

After thinking on it I don't really like the story of this game it's pretty much fascist heroes versus Batman&villains It'd be cool if there was a third faction of heroes fighting both sides but they're going for "dark and edgey morally gray" shit.
All we got were hints nothing more of a trailer.

and a small hint at a PREQUEL to the main scenario.

but when it comes down to what actually happens dunno how you can judge the story w/o knowing the full thing.

I can think of several movies where the last 30 minutes made it great, and none of it was in the trailers. and the trailers semi-tricked you to make that last 30 minutes that much better.

what if at the end, Lex is about to kill superman and despite all the bad Ruling that batman disagrees with his bro mode kicks in and he saves him. And some bromance shit happens and they team up once again at the end despite being enemies the whole time?

or a twist where batman and superman had a secret conversation when bad things happen to them both.

And batman's plan is to pretend to be against superman. to lure all the villains into one area. And the kryptonite that batman's responsible to make sure shows up. doesn't so superman can pwn all the bad guys.

And they BOTH become corrupt/evil.

I know these are unlikely scenario, or whatever. But i'm just re-iterating that the story is still open ended and shouldn't take criticism until it's fully explored.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I mean do people really think NRS didnt take cues from DC in character design?
You cant tell me both DC and NRS decided to change Captain Marvel to Shazam,Give him a hood and make his lightning bolt logo a magic warphole.
P.S. I assume Regime costume Shazam will have a new intro since he is probably 18 by that time?He looks 13 in the current intro.

hellbly

Noob
Injustice is first in the gamefas poll about 'most looking forward april release'... well, 'first' after 'don't care about april releases'.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Ed has said they took took a lot of influence from the New 52 when they were designing the characters. Not exact words, but in the magazine article that revealed Lex and Bane.

I mean do people really think NRS didnt take cues from DC in character design?
You cant tell me both DC and NRS decided to change Captain Marvel to Shazam,Give him a hood and make his lightning bolt logo a magic warphole.
P.S. I assume Regime costume Shazam will have a new intro since he is probably 18 by that time?He looks 13 in the current intro.
I'd actually say Billy looks older than 13 in his current intro. Maybe 15, 16 something like that.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Was gonna amke a thread about this, but then i thought not really thread worthy, so i stick the idea here see what you guys think

So i see people here complaining about Flash not getting a villian since the leak off Killer Frost.
but whats to say theres not a Flash Villan in the Roster?
just to confuse you a little
i truly believe after Ares and KF announcement thats it until DLC.
so how could Flash have a villan you Ask?
well for those who dont know what im talking about is Alt Skin, i thought this a long way back, but the Superman Alts with unique intros and outros, gave me more belief of the idea .
Professor Zoom would fit a Flash Alt perfect Unique Intro, Outro and maybe even Supermove (once it does the same damage and its the same frames and shit)
maybe Ocean Master for Aquaman, so that will fill AM's villan too?
think about it, makes sense
and im almost sure they will have Robin over NW which every1 assumes too.
One thing i hope they dont do is alt Swamp Thing Over Grundy,,, ST desrves his own moveset for such a unique power