What's new

Injustice community needs GGA 16 bit as a commentator for MLG (pending Anaheim confirmation)

Do you fully support GGA 16 BIT as a commentator for MLG Anaheim if it happened

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Sorry but I'd rather not have Gamerblake on commentary from what I've seen he really doesn't let the other guy talk. Bit and Brady would be great.
?????

Not that I disagree with not wanting me on commentary, but I don't understand this post.

Honestly 16bit and Gamerblake. People sleep on gamerblake as a commentator, he is 100% focused, informative and just as hype as any other commentator.
I appreciate the vote, Pryce, but if I were approached with the idea of being an MLG commentator...I'd have to turn it down.

I have admitted freely - a handful of times, I believe - that there are parts of the game I do not have a perfect understanding of yet. And obviously, if you're going to commentate something, you'll want to know what you're talking about. Having only a fragmented understanding of the game means nothing compared to a full understanding of it.

And my own personal pet peeve from watching my commentary is like how I stammer noticeably at times, which aggravates me to no end. If you go and watch it again, you'll see it.

Besides, as of late, my fire to be a competitor has renewed with full force and I'm not going to give that up again. If Injustice and Killer Instinct make it to MLG, I'm going to the venue and playing everyone in sight. That's what most important to me right now.

Having said all that, you'd have to be a fool to vote against @GGA 16 Bit commentating for MLG. I will be extremely happy if he gets the role. :)

And if we were to choose a co-commentator, I'd elect @Tom Brady as well.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Well the way you commentate you say everything the player is doing, like extreme play by play, I'm only basing this off final round and the night before Final Round but when you were on commentary it was literally all you with the other guy (I think it was DMS) barely getting to say anything.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Well the way you commentate you say everything the player is doing, like extreme play by play, I'm only basing this off final round and the night before Final Round but when you were on commentary it was literally all you with the other guy (I think it was DMS) barely getting to say anything.
Well, let me be real with you on this.

Something that aggravates me about some commentators - and this does not include DMS as he's, in my opinion, an awesome commentator - is that people don't focus on the matches enough. They prefer to slip into other topics of discussion and not give enough attention to what's going on in the match. Whenever I see this happen, I'm like, "WTF, dude!?"

Now if you wanted to discuss other things during the transition between each bracket match, it'd be fine...but during the match where it's the players' moments to shine? No. Just no.

So if I do seem a tad aggressive in my commentator's role, you'll have to excuse me for that. I'm just determined to keep the focus on where it should be. However, I do not want this to discourage co-commentators from chiming in whenever they wish to, so I'll consider that in the future.

@Emperor DMS - was this a bother to you during the pre-FR Weekly Scraps?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Something that aggravates me about some commentators - and this does not include DMS as he's, in my opinion, an awesome commentator - is that people don't focus on the matches enough. They prefer to slip into other topics of discussion and not give enough attention to what's going on in the match. Whenever I see this happen, I'm like, "WTF, dude!?"

Now if you wanted to discuss other things during the transition between each bracket match, it'd be fine...but during the match where it's the players' moments to shine? No. Just no.

So if I do seem a tad aggressive in my commentator's role, you'll have to excuse me for that. I'm just determined to keep the focus on where it should be. However, I do not want this to discourage co-commentators from chiming in whenever they wish to, so I'll consider that in the future.

Blake

Take a few plays off man

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

I'm not going to lie to you. I struggled to get words in and find openings, because I count to 3 in my head to allow my co-commentator to complete their thought. I couldn't get to 2 at Scraps.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm not going to lie to you. I struggled to get words in and find openings, because I count to 3 in my head to allow my co-commentator to complete their thought. I couldn't get to 2 at Scraps.
Yeah, sorry about that. When I get into it, it's hard for me to cease momentum.

As I've already said, though, I'm focusing on playing and forgetting about commentating for a good amount of time, so that's one less concern.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I agree too many commentators fly too far from the matches. Local streams it is fine but during something people traveled to I don't care for it. Though I will say in their defense it can be hard if you aren't a regular commentator. I've done it a bit at GBS before and sometimes you just blank on things to say and start using filler so you don't have dead silence.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I agree too many commentators fly too far from the matches. Local streams it is fine but during something people traveled to I don't care for it. Though I will say in their defense it can be hard if you aren't a regular commentator. I've done it a bit at GBS before and sometimes you just blank on things to say and start using filler so you don't have dead silence.
Agreed. Lord knows I've done my share of filler.

To be fair, not everyone starts out as a good commentator. I certainly didn't and even now, there's room to improve. And commentators have different styles here and there that just works for them.

I support this. 16Bit and TTG as commentary duo would work really well.

I want to see Tom Brady compete with West Coast. If Tom could commentate and compete, he would be very good as a commentator or break away interview figure as well.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is true -- but experienced commentators usually have some easy filler fallbacks to use in case of dead air:

-Talking about upcoming matches (potential ones, if they don't know the exact ones)
-Talking about the event in general (turnout, atmosphere, buildup/leadup)
-Talking about what it'd mean for certain players to win, what to expect, asking each other for predictions
-Reviewing exciting past matches of the day, bringing the viewers up to date (this is huge, as sometimes hours can pass without any update on what happened in previous pools). Without the bracket, you can just review the ones you know about.

When you see guys Medina and Delriach (as one example, to pick people who don't commentate all the time) they're good at keeping things moving in a way that's still informative and interesting, even when there's nothing immediate to talk about.

I think it'll be cool to see people develop their commentary skills a little, as it may turn into bigger opportunities down the line (we're seeing lots of community voices hired for professional work these days, with the explosion of esports in general).

Also hopefully we'll start to do a little better with our community production, and help make sure the commentators have all the info they need available to them to best do their jobs (just brackets for a start and pool qualifier lists would be amazing) :D

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
For those who mentioned Arturo, I briefly mentioned it to him and he said if he'll have any position at MLG, it would most likely be a producer role like he did before.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'm thinking MLG might do what they did before and have a "fighting game" commentator alongside game-specific commentators. He might not know our game as well as those in our community, but UltraDavid would be perfect for that, and I know he would work to build up his knowledge. He's very professional, he feeds off people well, he doesn't create drama, and he doesn't pretend to know about something when he's uncertain. As an Evo-level commentator, he knows how to present our game very well to a casual audience that might not understand everything that's going on.

I fully support 16bit as one of the commentators. I'd like to see him play too, but having him on the mic does a lot for the experience of those watching. I can't think of anyone better to create hype while still having a great understanding of high-level injustice play. Is there anyone else, save for maybe Aris (who bit is much more professional than), whose stream we'll always want to watch regardless of the level of play?

Other than UltraDavid, I support Tom. His commentary was excellent during the previous MLG's, and despite anything you think about him we know from that how he can turn off NY Local-style commentary and be professional and entertaining.

I would 100% support DarthArma as well. I love his commentary, but from what I'd imagine he'd rather play than commentate. That'd be up to him.

So imo Bit+David/Tom/Arma, depending on the circumstances. Any combination would be awesome

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
16 bit is a given

I also think @EGP Wonder_Chef should be considered to co-commentate
he is very knowledgeable of characters and MU's and is always great on commentary.
I forgot Wonderchef, he would be awesome too. So many great commentators from this community, it's hard to choose one, even two. :D.