What's new

Injustice comic series comes to an end today... until 2014.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The comic book series for INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us comes to an end today at Chapter: 36 - this is the bad news. The comic began early this year in January and was used to walk people in to NetherRealm Studios' game that would be released on consoles in later April. However, the comic did not stop, nor did the sales for it. In fact, the Injustice comic, written by Tom Taylor has been one of the best selling DC Comics. Its issues have been dominating the download charts on both Comixology and Amazon, week after week.

Today marks the end for the comic series until 2014. When IGN asked for a comment from writer, Tom Taylor, "I said early on that we had a definite ending in mind for our story. I knew that the story we were telling in these 36 chapters was essentially the break-up of the World's Finest friendship. When Superman and Batman's relationship became irreparable, that's when our story would end. That tale is told now. However, we have another story to tell in the pages of Injustice, and that story will begin in January 2014."

injcomic2.jpg

To read more on this and why exactly the series is halting for now, continue to IGN.com!

Just a quick PSA for anyone who doesn't know:

If you like Superhero comics but have ignored this series up till now because you assumed it would just be a crappy videogame tie in (as I did for the longest time): you're missing out on one of the best books out there right now. Admittedly the art can be questionable at times, but the writing....ye gods among us...the writing. It's easily some of the best the genre has to offer.
This comic is the story that the game should have had.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Honestly, in my opinion this was one of the realist chapters. Second, only to Issue 33, R.I.P. Struggle Arrow. But in all honesty this is a very good pick up to read, I would suggest if you don't feel like buying the digital version to buy the comic book format instead. It is a very good read, and hopefully, it comes out with a volume edition of the book. Like what Eric said, there are times when the art is very funky, but the times where it is phenomenal completely makes up for that. Especially when dealing with an incredible story like this one. I suggest you all read this.

Today's issue finally sheds light on a bad match up for Superman.

I *HATE* you soooooooooooooooooo much right now. I hadn't picked the issue up yet and you just spoiled what looks to be the best part of the damned series. Go. To. Hell.

Also, can we get Alfred DLC NRS, pretty pwease!?!?

EDIT:

Just read it. Godamnit...I would have gotten so hyped if I hadn't known. Alfred going HAM has officially replaced TDKR's as the single greatest and most well deserved ass kicking of Superman.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This comic SHOULD have been shit. I mean, it's a fucking video game tie in. Amazing how well done it is. Actually stirred up emotion in me.

Still hard to get over the whole, super pills, part of the Injustice universe. They could have at least made it an injection or something.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
It's a comic. And as far as the game is concerned, in this universe "Horrible match ups aside" Joker can fight Superman and hold his own. When normally he wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell.

Lobo getting beat by Harley in the Injustice universe is possible, even though Lobo has had some how would I say "questionable" history outside of Injustice. I mean, in one series he can go toe to fucking toe with Superman, and then in the DC Marvel crossover..he gets beat by Wolverine...

Like I said, comics.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Whatever! There's definitely a case to be made that the artwork is mediocre at best (that infamous black adam picture still haunts my nightmares), but in terms of writing it can go toe to toe with even the best ongoing superhero books.
Artwork is a minor complaint, I usually judge a comic based on writing. If you like this series, that's good for you, it's your opinion. I just find the writing to be pretty shallow in comparison to other comics i've read. Have you read Kingdom Come?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Does that mean we may not get new dlc for a while?
were not getting any more dlc lol, save for a skin or 2 with the patch unless they decide to add something with the "komplete" or whatever edition thats gonna come out in like november

comic was great i rea every issue sucks that its over for now but ended great

Artwork is a minor complaint, I usually judge a comic based on writing. If you like this series, that's good for you, it's your opinion. I just find the writing to be pretty shallow in comparison to other comics i've read. Have you read Kingdom Come?

I have indeed, have the absolute edition in fact.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
2014? Injustice 2 confirmed? :joker:
There be war if Injustice 2 is even a twinkle in Boon's eye before MK10 is announced.

But seriously, this comic is so damn good it's unreal. Dialogue is good, action is good.

There was only one terrible part of this series as a whole... god damn Nightwing...