What's new

Injustice 2 Story based on DC Rebirth?

trufenix

bye felicia
everything watchmen did, dc (and marvel) has already done and redone with main continuity characters. They would fit fine.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Okay, it's good to see that this game will be a direct sequel to IGAU, but when a new game comes out involving something like comic book characters has a big overhaul it almost seems impossible to just leave out.

DC is in the midst of something huge for the company. Injustice brought TONS of new fans to DC (myself being one).

Watchmen has a VERY good reputation of being one of the best graphic novels ever written. So to me, when one of those characters finally gets a chance in the main DCU, (Speaking about Dr. Manhattan) it just seems unlogical to pass up. Even if he has nothing to do with the story and is a pre order DLC. (Just like Goro in MKX, no story involvement)

This is my best guess, but with the characters they have announced so far I have never heard of, although I am not a huge DC fan, you never really know what NRS is thinking.

(This means I would play both Pre-Order DLC characters)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Canon or not canon, that is the question: (Convergence issue #?) - It's not worth reading lol

I remember reading Jim Lee, Dan Didio and some other DC writers confirmed Convergence is indeed canon...it brought back all the continuity from the past as they confirmed in interviews(a few of them) I'll post some links.

So I do hope this will be addressed too, I asked Ed Boon and John Vogel on twitter but I doubt they'll answer at this early stage lol. You had to know DC writers and MK ones discussed this. Maybe they'll confirm that Dr. Manhattan or Telos saved that Earth some how. If it's just ignored completely that would be kind of lame since they went on record to say Convergence was indeed canon.
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/01/dc-comics-just-made-their-entire-history-officially-canon/

http://heroicuniverse.com/convergence-writer-jeff-king-confirms-dcs-new-mega-multiverse/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/28/8680353/dc-comics-convergence-changes

Hell one theory even says there's technically multiple multiverses back even in DC Multiverse/Omniverse lol so for all we know maybe that was a DIFFERENT Injustice Universe similar to the one in the game and comics ie a Earth 2 situation and Crime Syndicate Earth 3 where they kind of evolved during Convergence into a modern one united Earth 2, Earth 3 etc, etc maybe that happened with Injustice's Earth too lol. I know it sounds nuts but there's so many ways they can go, one interview states it's up to future writers regarding the ones Telos destroyed so they could just restore it some how.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

What we know so far:
  • The story picks up after Injustice 1's story ends and Superman is arrested.
  • there are remnants or Superman's regime that are still lingering and Batman's forces are fighting them.
  • there are people who want Superman to be back in power (evidenced by the metropolis stage)
  • There is a new threat that people think they need Superman to fight (probably Darkseid)
  • Metropolis was rebuilt (at least partially) by Superman Supporters
ill add to the OP as more info rolls out. let me know what i missed.
a few more things worth noting are that everyone doesnt agree with Batman and it seems the full story of what happened isnt public which is probably why there are people who want Superman in control. Superman will be freed again.
Based on intro dialogue: Supergirl is against Batman, Superman and Aquaman seem to be on the same side but bump heads, Aquaman definitely isnt with Batman

What else do you guys think happened/is going to happen in Injustice 2?

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
If you pause the Metropolis Stage transition, there are "Luthor" signs on the train. I think Luthor from Earth Prime is going to come over and act like the Lex that died.

I actually think he might convince Supergirl from Earth Prime to come with him to free Regime Superman, whom she wouldn't know is evil. That is based on Batman saying she doesn't know the full story.