What's new

Injustice 2 Arcade Machine Project?

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Toying with the idea of doing an Injustice 2 arcade machine project. Threw some preliminary side art ideas together real quick. Not sure if I want to actually do it yet. Trying to get a feel for what I want it to look like if I decide to do the project. What do you guys think? Yea or Nay?

I did a machine build for the original IGAU that turned out pretty good...

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Awesome idea. I'm tempted to say yea just to see the results. ::Shrugs:: If you have the time , money and passion for it, go right ahead. I'd just say that you should probably wait to see if you actually like the game.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
In the immortal words of Bill Hader, it's super badass. I just think we're already going to have enough Batman to last 1,000 lifetimes, so maybe use another character? On the other hand, he's probably the best representation of the game, so I dunno.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I made a mame cabinet years ago, and it was awesome... but the biggest problem with custom cabs is that unless you are really good at it, they just are not tough enough. When you play on a cab you somehow change how you play.. they take a LOT of punishment. I know you have already done this so I assume you know, but my only advise is.... do NOT skimp on the materials. Get thick, heavy wood not some lame thin ply. You want thr cab to be nice a steady after years of people kicking it and smashing those buttons and punching that stick. After a few years my cab ended up being a wobbly piece of shit...

YourMKArcadeSource

I made a mame cabinet years ago, and it was awesome... but the biggest problem with custom cabs is that unless you are really good at it, they just are not tough enough. When you play on a cab you somehow change how you play.. they take a LOT of punishment. I know you have already done this so I assume you know, but my only advise is.... do NOT skimp on the materials. Get thick, heavy wood not some lame thin ply. You want thr cab to be nice a steady after years of people kicking it and smashing those buttons and punching that stick. After a few years my cab ended up being a wobbly piece of shit...
I'll be re-purposing an existing cabinet, not building my own from scratch.

YourMKArcadeSource

In the immortal words of Bill Hader, it's super badass. I just think we're already going to have enough Batman to last 1,000 lifetimes, so maybe use another character? On the other hand, he's probably the best representation of the game, so I dunno.
These are just preliminary designs. As the game gets closer to release and more art becomes available, they will evolve.