What's new

Initial MkX Tournaments and seeding.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is just me brain storming here...

What if we did:
1st Major = No seeding (Random matchmaking /Regional seeding)
2nd Major = Top 2 seeding (from previous major)
3rd Major = Top 2 seeding (from previous major)

Evo

Then we compile the top 16 placements from the majors and evo (more weight towards evo) to determine 16-32 seeds for future tournaments.

Is this possible?

This would avoid Bit's second point, while still not handing out needless seeds.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
2) What the heck, seed em' anyway -- this will probably lead to the best *tournament* experience. Say what you will, but having a gang of top-level players shoved into a pool, and a bunch of people who've never played a fighting game before and bought MKX for Scorpion skins in their own pool, doesn't make any sense. It might be 'fair' if it happens randomly; but will it make for a good tournament? Probably not.
That would make for a *great* tournament. (Though it's just as impossible to call all the correct seeding for.)

Do you think the guys who bought MKX for Scorpion skins want to go up against a grizzled MK veteran who will kill them in two combos? I think they'd much rather play against other people close to their own skill level. Meanwhile your "pro" pool looks more like an invitational with great matches all day every day instead of trying to just move the guys along through pools so they can fight people closer to their level.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It does not matter what is fair or right, as we've seen from previous tournaments. They will choose a course of action that gives them the best potential viewership, while taking into account lobbying from the more prominent FG pro cults.

That would make for a *great* tournament. (Though it's just as impossible to call all the correct seeding for.)

Do you think the guys who bought MKX for Scorpion skins want to go up against a grizzled MK veteran who will kill them in two combos? I think they'd much rather play against other people close to their own skill level. Meanwhile your "pro" pool looks more like an invitational with great matches all day every day instead of trying to just move the guys along through pools so they can fight people closer to their level.
Scrub vs scrub action is what the losers bracket is for

-Love,
losers bracket scrub

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I wouldnt know much, BUT since this is a NEW game and some ppl have played the demo for it and some are testers, just do a clean slate. the "Ususal" ppl and casuals enter normally and who ever wins, wins nuff said.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have two questions that need to be answered. I am not saying there's a right or wrong answer. They're just two questions that have to be answered honestly.

1. Is it ok for Sonic Fox and REO to play first round at the first major?

2. Is it ok for the winner of Combo Breaker to fight the winner of the Common Wealth first round at CEO?
A1: If both competitors don't have seeding points i don't see the problem, it would be hype to see one of the battling out from the losers, and surely they would have the fight of their lives.

A2. No