• KDZ

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Reo

Votes: 101 37.7%
  • Crazy Dominican

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 16 Bit (not applicable but fun to add)

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Other please List...

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Chris G

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • Slips

Votes: 31 11.6%

• Total voters

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
A lot of people said REO, but REO isn't exactly in The Ashes right now. He's been playing well, and is placing at majors, and it just kind of goes overlooked.

It may be harder to reach the absolute apex of the scene right now with the top players going to 90% of events and child prodigies defending the north, but he is by no means trying to buy some wins like some of the other skeletons on this list :p

I mean, who is 'Slips' anyway -- isn't he some Tekken player?

:DOGE

No, but he isn't dominating as he was before. He's top 8 player in MKX; he was top 2 in MK9. He probably shouldn't be on this list with those other names, though.
When was he dominating? consistently high placement and then being consistently beaten at a high level isn't really dominance.
A lot of people said REO, but REO isn't exactly in The Ashes right now. He's been playing well, and is placing at majors, and it just kind of goes overlooked.

It may be harder to reach the absolute apex of the scene right now with the top players going to 90% of events and child prodigies defending the north, but he is by no means trying to buy some wins like some of the other skeletons on this list :p

I mean, who is 'Slips' anyway -- isn't he some Tekken player?

:DOGE
Not only is he not in the ashes, he's pretty much on par with where he's always been. Consistently high placement, occassional win. That's not dominance. Was there ever a point where REO was winning consecutive majors or anything? I could be wrong about that, but I don't think there was.

Again, returning to prior dominance can only happen if a player was dominant in the past. You can't even say that about all but one of the players on this list.

Done getting tied up with semantics though, because I'd absolutely love to see like 30 to 50 people have legitimate shots to win every single time. That's one of the things I always liked about AE / Ultra. An Evo champion could go out and get bodied like the next day. No one was consistently dominant really.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Not only is he not in the ashes, he's pretty much on par with where he's always been. Consistently high placement, occassional win. That's not dominance. Was there ever a point where REO was winning consecutive majors or anything? I could be wrong about that, but I don't think there was.
Yes, there was an era -- it was the era that birthed this community as we now know it. It was a time when hookswords and gas blasts terrorized children all over the land. And when blind swordsmen cut their way through many a foe, and robots magically made entire life bars disappear.

This was many moons ago, but let us not forget 2012 *Gandalf Hat*

Yes, there was an era -- it was the era that birthed this community as we now know it. It was a time when hookswords and gas blasts terrorized children all over the land. And when blind swordsmen cut their way through many a foe, and robots magically made entire life bars disappear.

We aren't talking about characters we'd like to see dominate again. We're talking about players. Guess it just comes down to varying opinions about what constitutes dominance. My opinion is that only one person on this list fits the criteria.

Gandalf is hat tier. :(

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Didn't REO, Brady and Check also dominate 3d MK era?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
When was he dominating? consistently high placement and then being consistently beaten at a high level isn't really dominance.

Again, returning to prior dominance can only happen if a player was dominant in the past. You can't even say that about all but one of the players on this list.

Done getting tied up with semantics though, because I'd absolutely love to see like 30 to 50 people have legitimate shots to win every single time. That's one of the things I always liked about AE / Ultra. An Evo champion could go out and get bodied like the next day. No one was consistently dominant really.
"Occassional wins": http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vkm5xi&s=8#.VoWkp3aVtD8

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Things are always fun when Tom is on top. I used to love his long rants that included, but weren't limited to, "YOU FOOLS NEVER BELIEVED IN ME! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I MAKE TOP 8, I KEEP BEING TOLD I'M WASHED UP!" It's even fun when I am on this list of fools.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
We aren't talking about characters we'd like to see dominate again. We're talking about players. Guess it just comes down to varying opinions about what constitutes dominance. My opinion is that only one person on this list fits the criteria.

Gandalf is hat tier. :(
I think you missed what I was saying -- this was the era in which REO was dominating, and was indeed winning consecutive majors (and the highest number of total majors any player of that game ever won).