What's new

improving in umk3

hey everyone !
i recently wanted to find one of my childhood's game : mortal kombat (which on i played on megadrive)
i discovered best versions of mortal kombat 3 was the ultimate thing on mame, and so i started to play end really enjoyed it :D
The problem is, it seems hard to find tutorials for real newbies (those who don't know the difference between a hk and a standing hk, and have no idea what an anti-air is and how it work ), and the game's IA is really strange : seems sometimes completely dumb, sometimes overpowered Oo

So if one of you guys want to play with me one day, or simply give me a link to the rom used online, i will really be grateful :D

thanks

P.S.: i play mostly Kabal, sometimes Nightwolf or Stryker

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
A UMK3 tutorial would be so nice!

Figuring this game out alone was just hell while getting death comboed every round lol.

nwo

Noob
Theres a pretty detailed website that has advanced moves and strategies for every character.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/cguide.php

The only other thing I could say is, start playing the game online vs real people, that's the only way to get better. You'll likely get your ass kicked a lot at first, thats normal.

thanks for the link

where can i find people to play with ?
on kaillera servers there's really a few people playing umk3, and most of them are already playing, or have a too high ping, or we don't have the same rom ...
also, is there a "standard" umk3 rom used online ?
for the moment i'm on umk3 rev 1.2, but it seems many people are using a hack to unlock characters ...

nwo

Noob
thanks for the link

where can i find people to play with ?
on kaillera servers there's really a few people playing umk3, and most of them are already playing, or have a too high ping, or we don't have the same rom ...
also, is there a "standard" umk3 rom used online ?
for the moment i'm on umk3 rev 1.2, but it seems many people are using a hack to unlock characters ...
We play on Kaillera (mostly the galaxy server), sometimes there's very few people, sometimes there is plenty. It just depends on what time of day and what day of week I think.

You'll want to download the Juggernauts hack umk3 rom, its like 7MB. I'm not allowed to post a download link on this website. So just google it, you should find it, I think remz's website has it for download.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
Honestly, you're best off learning from some kind spirit you meet online. It's how I learned the majority of the game and now I tutor new players if they seem willing to learn.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
My advice is NOT to jump in headfirst against the best players in the world. All that will do is leave you frustrated, confused, and bewildered. Play against people at your own level or seek out someone who is willing to teach you the basics and work up from there. If nothing else, read as much as you can from the forums here and apply it there.

Ok thanks for the advices :D
I haven't much free time this month ( competitive exam :p ) but i'm still playing sometimes

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Standing hk implies that it is a normal hk rather than a comboed hk. So when you are standing right next to your opponent and press hk, it will be an hk that you can link into a dial a combo. Outside of this range your character will perform a normal "standing" hk