What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

tested post mimicry options vs multiple players in my scene offline.

Shinnok's B3/F4 cannot be fuzzy guarded in the mimicry vortex. its a read.

so anyone who says that it can be fuzzy guarded...

stop it, you're confusing people and you dont know what the fuck you're talking about

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
tested post mimicry options vs multiple players in my scene offline.

Shinnok's B3/F4 cannot be fuzzy guarded in the mimicry vortex. its a read.

so anyone who says that it can be fuzzy guarded...

stop it, you're confusing people and you dont know what the fuck you're talking about
You don't need to test it to know it's fuzzy guardable. If the low is 7 frames and the overhead is 18 it is fuzzy guardable, moreso than most other mixups in the game. So don't tell us to not confuse people when you're the one spreading misinformation.

You don't need to test it to know it's fuzzy guardable. If the low is 7 frames and the overhead is 18 it is fuzzy guardable, moreso than most other mixups in the game. So don't tell us to not confuse people when you're the one spreading misinformation.
The window in this game is a lot smaller to fuzzy guard.
You have less time to switch from a low block to a high in this game compared to MK9.

In mk9 if you switch from low to high you would still be stuck in the low block animation but the high block would still trigger.

That mechanic isn't in this game.
-----------------------------------------------

Are saying you are going to hold low for 7 frames then let go of low to block the 18 frame overhead?
That means you think you can let go of down within an 11 frame window every time.

D'vorah's low is 8frames, her overhead is 16. And noone in the D'vorah forums are saying "just fuzzy guard it".

Last edited:

Youphemism

The window in this game is a lot smaller to fuzzy guard.
You have less time to switch from a low block to a high in this game compared to MK9.

In mk9 if you switch from low to high you would still be stuck in the low block animation but the high block would still trigger.

That mechanic isn't in this game.
-----------------------------------------------

Are saying you are going to hold low for 7 frames then let go of low to block the 18 frame overhead?
That means you think you can let go of down within an 11 frame window every time.

D'vorah's low is 8frames, her overhead is 16. And noone in the D'vorah forums are saying "just fuzzy guard it".
Dude wtf are you talking about?! Fuzzy guarding is moving your block from low to high or high to low to defend against mixups and you can do it just the same in MKX and any fighting game.

The low is SEVEN frames, the overhead is EIGHTEEN. There is an 11 frame window to fuzzy guard, it's as simple as that. You can do the same with D'Vorah too, they don't talk about it because it's obvious. I never said you're going to do it every time, I'm just saying it's possible.

Dude wtf are you talking about?! Fuzzy guarding is moving your block from low to high or high to low to defend against mixups and you can do it just the same in MKX and any fighting game.

The low is SEVEN frames, the overhead is EIGHTEEN. There is an 11 frame window to fuzzy guard, it's as simple as that. You can do the same with D'Vorah too, they don't talk about it because it's obvious. I never said you're going to do it every time, I'm just saying it's possible.

yeah, just make assumptions about a character you're clueless about.

You think you can SOMETIMES fuzzy guard the vortex?
You either are reacting to it or you're not.

look out everyone, Youphemism says you can "Sometimes possibly fuzzy guard it"
pay attention to this guy

Youphemism

yeah, just make assumptions about a character you're clueless about.

You think you can SOMETIMES fuzzy guard the vortex?
You either are reacting to it or you're not.

look out everyone, Youphemism says you can "Sometimes possibly fuzzy guard it"
pay attention to this guy
Yeah, clueless, even though he's one of my main characters. Good deduction Sherlock.

Fuzzy guarding it is possible. It's a fact whether you want to accept it or not. You can ask anyone. I don't understand how you don't understand what fuzzy guarding is... Just because characters in MK9 stayed ducking when they blocked a high attack if you fuzzied it doesn't mean it's not in MKX. Try actually learning about simple fighting game terminology before you come in here acting like you know everything.

Yeah, clueless, even though he's one of my main characters. Good deduction Sherlock.

Fuzzy guarding it is possible. It's a fact whether you want to accept it or not. You can ask anyone. I don't understand how you don't understand what fuzzy guarding is...
i know a D'vorah way better than you. so im gonna trust him when he says it cant be fuzzy guarded not the batgirl downplayer from hell

I know what fuzzy guarding is and im saying you cant do it.

Youphemism

i know a D'vorah way better than you. so im gonna trust him when he says it cant be fuzzy guarded not the batgirl downplayer from hell

I know what fuzzy guarding is and im saying you cant do it.
What the fuck has a random D'Vorah player that also doesn't understand what fuzzy guarding is got to do with fuzzy guarding Shinnoks mixups? Seriously, focus on the character at hand.

Hahahaha bringing up more things you know nothing about. How many times did you do the cartwheel option select again? Oh yeah zero, so shut the fuck up. This is MKX so focus on that.

If you know what fuzzy guarding is then define it oh dictionary of fighting games. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Youphemism

Let me grab you a definition from right here on TYM:
In mixups you can use fuzzy guarding to cover either high,low or overhead options, particularly if 1 option is faster than another. As an example after Scorpion does his teleport vortex setup you can quickly block low if they try to do the low kick into spear, and then block high. If they do the overhead sword move instead you will still block it because it comes out slower than the low kick. so by blocking low, then high quickly, you cover both options. This is of course a basic example and Scorpion players have lots of ways to mix you up right back.
So....if one option is faster than the other then you block the faster one then the slower one. I wonder if this applies to Shinnok?

7 frame low
18 frame overhead

Huh, I guess it does...

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
hi, with what string do you get this chip dmg after mimicry?
312 is 1.5% (3), 1 (1.5), 2 (1.8%). 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.8 = 4.8%, depending on the special move you can get more. With Cassie Cages gun shots you get 16% total. D'Vorrah's Ovipositor charge you get 9% (I believe), vs most of the cast you can do 312xxHell Sparks for more chip. Will test out the numbers very soon and update. Assuming Hell Sparks does 1.5% with each hit your getting another 3% at least, which will bring up the chip to 7.8% ish, aka 8% as a universal chip after each BnB ending with Mimicry.

Shamwow0w0w

Also, guys please remember to keep the discussion civil. After responding to @Helter Skelter I messaged him to make sure he knew I was not trying to come off as a dick because it might have sounded that way. We are on these forums to discuss knowledge and learn. Lets try to keep a good attitude and learn from each other yeah? Thanks :) <3

Shamwow0w0w

yeah, you're right.
anyway

I'm gonna optimize a bunch of my tech and do a vortex tutorial vs all characters for Shinnok with new videos
in a new thread that way I don't have to post a bunch of videos then you have to repost them.
Is that ok with you?

@Shamwow0w0w
If thats what you want to do then sure thing. I was hoping this thread could be the 'megathread' but if you want to create your own thread their is no problem with that mate.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
312 is 1.5% (3), 1 (1.5), 2 (1.8%). 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.8 = 4.8%, depending on the special move you can get more. With Cassie Cages gun shots you get 16% total. D'Vorrah's Ovipositor charge you get 9% (I believe), vs most of the cast you can do 312xxHell Sparks for more chip. Will test out the numbers very soon and update. Assuming Hell Sparks does 1.5% with each hit your getting another 3% at least, which will bring up the chip to 7.8% ish, aka 8% as a universal chip after each BnB ending with Mimicry.
Don't forget jip!

Ah, forgot about Sorcerer Quan. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Actually for 3 bars summoner can do a sick chipping block string after he connects with trance anywhere on the screen:
Summon bat, B2xxCloseRune,bL2(rising demon which will combo into another b2xxtrance if they let go off block),14xxExCloseRune,14xxExCloseRune,14xxExCloseRune,14xxCloseRune. The runes an the bat themselves do 18-19% chip + like10% chip from strings. You can use more chipping strings like f2122 or go for mix ups while chipping them, but these options aren't true block strings )

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok time for more math.

After a mimicry you're guaranteed jip + 321 + HS. So let's look at some numbers

WITH BUFF:
* JIP = 1,66%
* 321 = 4,33%
* 112 = 3,32%
* F224 = 3,66%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 6,16%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 3,83%

WITHOUT BUFF:
* 321 = 3,25%
* 112 = 2,5%
* F224 = 2,74%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 4,63%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 2,88%

This means you get a chip formula that looks something like this (post mimicry):

Chip = (1,66 + 4,33 + 6,16) + (y[String] + y6,16) + ([string] + ender)

For those of you who haven't studied math in a while:
Chip is equal to your starter string post mimicry (jip + 321 + hell sparks MB second hit) plus times you do the followup string and the ex HS plus what string you end with and the ender. This is all assuming you do the same string over and over (which is a flaw, because you won't but I just wanted to give a basic formula for chip).

So will you do the same string over and over? No. If you do 321 EX HS and run up and try to do it again, they can back dash out of it (at least according to my testing). HOWEVER if you mix in f224 you will catch backdashes. 112 is your fastest string meaning they have little to no time to armor out. They CAN backdash it with very good timing but you can also catch them as they come out of the backdash with the last hit of the string giving you a full combo punish.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

1 BAR:
* jip, 321, EX HS = 12,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 20,66% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 19,65% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, f224, HS = 19,99% UNSAFE

2 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS = 20,66% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 19,65% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 19,99% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, HS = 28,82% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, HS = 26,8% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 27,48% UNSAFE

3 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 31,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS = 29,13% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 29,81% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 39,31% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 36,28% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 37,3% UNSAFE

4 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 41,64% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 38,61% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 39,63% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 47,77% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 43,99% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 45,26% + UNSAFE

Important notes:

* If you start with 3 bars you will build 1 bar in the process, allowing for the 4 bar setups.
* If you run between all repetitions and use all 4 bars you will get the "out of stamina sound" BUT you will still be in range for 112/312.
* The last part of the unsafe/max damage 4 bar stuff will be done WITHOUT THE BUFF. So your last string + ender will be buff-less.
* Some numbers MIGHT be off. There's a lot of math and numbers so I might have gotten confused but this is a general guideline.
* While you will NOT be using the same string over and over with this chart you can see the range of the damage you can do:
1 BAR: 12-21%
2 BARS: 20-29%
3 BARS: 29-39%
4 BARS: 39-44%
@Shamwow0w0w

Ok time for more math.

After a mimicry you're guaranteed jip + 321 + HS. So let's look at some numbers

WITH BUFF:
* JIP = 1,66%
* 321 = 4,33%
* 112 = 3,32%
* F224 = 3,66%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 6,16%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 3,83%

WITHOUT BUFF:
* 321 = 3,25%
* 112 = 2,5%
* F224 = 2,74%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 4,63%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 2,88%

This means you get a chip formula that looks something like this (post mimicry):

Chip = (1,66 + 4,33 + 6,16) + (y[String] + y6,16) + ([string] + ender)

For those of you who haven't studied math in a while:
Chip is equal to your starter string post mimicry (jip + 321 + hell sparks MB second hit) plus times you do the followup string and the ex HS plus what string you end with and the ender. This is all assuming you do the same string over and over (which is a flaw, because you won't but I just wanted to give a basic formula for chip).

So will you do the same string over and over? No. If you do 321 EX HS and run up and try to do it again, they can back dash out of it (at least according to my testing). HOWEVER if you mix in f224 you will catch backdashes. 112 is your fastest string meaning they have little to no time to armor out. They CAN backdash it with very good timing but you can also catch them as they come out of the backdash with the last hit of the string giving you a full combo punish.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

1 BAR:
* jip, 321, EX HS = 12,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 20,66% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 19,65% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, f224, HS = 19,99% UNSAFE

2 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS = 20,66% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 19,65% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 19,99% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, HS = 28,82% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, HS = 26,8% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 27,48% UNSAFE

3 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 31,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS = 29,13% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 29,81% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 39,31% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 36,28% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 37,3% UNSAFE

4 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 41,64% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 38,61% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 39,63% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 47,77% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 43,99% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 45,26% + UNSAFE

Important notes:

* If you start with 3 bars you will build 1 bar in the process, allowing for the 4 bar setups.
* If you run between all repetitions and use all 4 bars you will get the "out of stamina sound" BUT you will still be in range for 112/312.
* The last part of the unsafe/max damage 4 bar stuff will be done WITHOUT THE BUFF. So your last string + ender will be buff-less.
* Some numbers MIGHT be off. There's a lot of math and numbers so I might have gotten confused but this is a general guideline.
* While you will NOT be using the same string over and over with this chart you can see the range of the damage you can do:
1 BAR: 12-21%
2 BARS: 20-29%
3 BARS: 29-39%
4 BARS: 39-44%
@Shamwow0w0w
F224 can be done without running I believe, but they can armor out before the 4, so the true block string they can't get out of is f22xxHS ex the 2nd hit. Also run xx 112 if done properly can't be backdashed or armored out of after a MB in HS (+24).It is good to use F22xxHS sometimes so you have time for stamina to comeback)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
F224 can be done without running I believe, but they can armor out before the 4, so the true block string they can't get out of is f22xxHS ex the 2nd hit. Also run xx 112 if done properly can't be backdashed or armored out of after a MB in HS (+24).It is good to use F22xxHS sometimes so you have time for stamina to comeback)
just remembered that f224 doesn't guarantee 2 hits on hell sparks but I really don't have the time to redo the math