What's new

I'm tired of fighting a HORDE of Scorpions and losing only because I play D'vorah!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Geez, this shit is hard. They aren't purposefully making chars that suck. Your course of action should be to document the flaws in detail on this site to help NRS make appropriate changes. Your input is very welcome and helpful, your emotion is not. The emotion may even cause your input to be deprioritized. We all get tilted sometimes, take a breath and regroup ma dude.

Lun

proud TERF!
Geez, this shit is hard. They aren't purposefully making chars that suck. Your course of action should be to document the flaws in detail on this site to help NRS make appropriate changes. Your input is very welcome and helpful, your emotion is not. The emotion may even cause your input to be deprioritized. We all get tilted sometimes, take a breath and regroup ma dude.
I should hope the devs don't need ME to tell them what's wrong with D'vorah or why Scorpion is OP. But anyway, it's as I said before: you name it, he has it and she doesn't.

Is it the good frames? Good mixups? Good projectiles? Good teleport? Safe moves? Good wakeups and uppercut? Good antiair? Good kombos? Good mobility? Ease of use? It's all of this. He has it and she doesn't.

A tier list is natural. But when there is an abyss between one character and another, to the point you'd lose through no real fault of your own....

I want to lose because I was the worst player. Not because my tools were zero while my opponent had every tool.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I'm sorry, but this is one hell of a dumb thread.

Scorpion is by far the most popular MK character. He is the face of MK. He is always the most played character by far, no matter where he chills on the tier list. Scorpion wasn't as good in MK9 / MKX as he is in MK11, but I think he still doubled the play time of the third most played character. Only Sub-Zero can compete with Scorpion to some extent.

So saying that you run into many Scorpions, because he is easy to use and overpowered isn't really the real reason you run into him a lot. Besides that, there is an easy fix to your problem: Don't play Mortal Kombat, if you're sick of running into Scorpion players.

Lun

proud TERF!
Imagine complaining about fighting a character who's been the flagship icon for 27 years. Wild.
Imagine complaining about a game being too unbalanced, and people missing the point. :p

(By the way, Scorpion has NOT been the flagship icon for 27 years..... :) )

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Imagine complaining about a game being too unbalanced, and people missing the point. :p

(By the way, Scorpion has NOT been the flagship icon for 27 years..... :) )
I mean, okay, if it's 100% your character holding you back and you want to win, pick a top tier and I'll see you at Evo top 8.

Also, you're fucking huffing glue if you think that scorpion hasn't been an icon since the game's inception. Scorpion = Ryu in America.

Lun

proud TERF!
I mean, okay, if it's 100% your character holding you back and you want to win pick a top tier and I'll see you at Evo top 8.
So I can't just wish to play with the character I want? I must act like a pro tournament player?

Also, you're fucking huffing glue if you think that scorpion hasn't been an icon since the games inception. Scorpion = Ryu in America.
A new fan of the series, aren't you?

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
So I can't just wish to play with the character I want? I must act like a pro tournament player?

A new fan of the series, aren't you?
Idk you just come across as a whiner tbh. Like yeah Dvo is a bum rn but I'm sure she'll be supplemented in the future. Maybe construct some strengths and weaknesses per matchup and convey that intelligently instead of barking "Fite me"

Also, lol @ new to the series. This kid

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
LOL as with every MK that can be played online, Scorpion is the most popular pick, he just so happens to also be pretty good in this game.

As has been acknowledged since the day 1 patch, D'vorah is awful. Its just a currently bad match up and situation.

I guess the fact that the general consensus is "don't play D'vorah" speaker volumes about the state of the game's balance.... What I wonder is why one month laterale they still haven't fixed anything even if the balance is so unbalanced that a patch seems very urgent.

I guess since 90% of players are happy just playing Scorpion and such, they don't feel in a hurry.
Were you not around for MKX? That games balance was all over the place the constant quick patches the game was getting did not help. MK11 in it's current state is well balanced, just some minor issues with over performing and under performing characters.

Lun

proud TERF!
Idk you just come across as a whiner tbh. Like yeah Dvo is a bum rn but I'm sure she'll be supplemented in the future. Maybe construct some strengths and weaknesses per matchup and convey that intelligently instead of barking "Fite me"

......D'vorah doesn't have a strength in ANY matchup right now. Her matchups vary from "kinda bad" to "total crap".

Also, lol @ new to the series. This kid
Kid? Me? Thank you for the compliment! :D

I've been playing the franchise since it first appeared in arcades back in 1992. For the sequel, they decided based on popularility which characters to return. The arcade machine was actually able to track how many times characters were picked, and apparently Kano and Sonya were the lest, so they were out and became NPCs.

Scorpion was the most, despite being the worst character in the game, and Sub-Zero was second.

When Scorpion did not appear in Mortal Kombat 3, everyone was quite confused.

Scorpion is, and always has been, the most popular character in the franchise.

Lun

proud TERF!
I've been playing the franchise since it first appeared in arcades back in 1992. For the sequel, they decided based on popularility which characters to return. The arcade machine was actually able to track how many times characters were picked, and apparently Kano and Sonya were the lest, so they were out and became NPCs.

Scorpion was the most, despite being the worst character in the game, and Sub-Zero was second.

When Scorpion did not appear in Mortal Kombat 3, everyone was quite confused.

Scorpion is, and always has been, the most popular character in the franchise.
Yeah, I too have been playing the games since the first one. Not on arcade, but on the Sega Mega Drive.

And I saw no outrage when Scorpion wasn't in MK3. Again, Scorpion wasn't in MK3 - telltale sign that back then he wasn't as popular as you like to believe.

And I also own the official comics. Scorpion was a comprimary jobber character there, just like in the movies.

No, Scorpion became popular since MK9, when Ed Boon chose his personal favorite character as the symbol of his new company and of the games.

Yeah, I too have been playing the games since the first one. Not on arcade, but on the Sega Mega Drive.

And I saw no outrage when Scorpion wasn't in MK3. Again, Scorpion wasn't in MK3 - telltale sign that back then he wasn't as popular as you like to believe.

And I also own the official comics. Scorpion was a comprimary jobber character there, just like in the movies.

No, Scorpion became popular since MK9, when Ed Boon chose his personal favorite character as the symbol of his new company and of the games.
For the home versions, I was sadly stuck with the Nintendo Game Boy version. My best friend at the time had the game on his Sega Genesis, and we played the snot out of it.

I never said there was outrage, I said there was confusion, those are very different things. Every single major publication that was covering the development of Mortal Kombat 3 expressed that over the lack of Scorpion.

He was the most played character according to Midway of the original game. This is not something I believe or disbelieve, this is fact. Around the time of Mortal Kombat 3's development, there were legal issues going on with original actors, and it was stated this is why many returning characters had new actors, and was implied as the reason certain fan favourites, like Scorpion, Reptile, and Kitana, were absent. 9 months after launch, all those characters were added into the game via Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3; all with new actors.

Those are the two comics drawn by Tobias, the ones that were advertised on the arcade machines themselves? I don't own them but I have read them, and yes, he wasn't a "primary" character in them, as they were short and they tried to cram in all the characters. Liu Kang didn't have a big role, as I recall, in them either, and he's the main good guy!

Ed Boon stated Scorpion was his favourite character a very, very long time ago, and you are incorrect about the character's popularity at the franchise's beginning.

Lun

proud TERF!
For the home versions, I was sadly stuck with the Nintendo Game Boy version. My best friend at the time had the game on his Sega Genesis, and we played the snot out of it.

I never said there was outrage, I said there was confusion, those are very different things. Every single major publication that was covering the development of Mortal Kombat 3 expressed that over the lack of Scorpion.

He was the most played character according to Midway of the original game. This is not something I believe or disbelieve, this is fact. Around the time of Mortal Kombat 3's development, there were legal issues going on with original actors, and it was stated this is why many returning characters had new actors, and was implied as the reason certain fan favourites, like Scorpion, Reptile, and Kitana, were absent. 9 months after launch, all those characters were added into the game via Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3; all with new actors.

Those are the two comics drawn by Tobias, the ones that were advertised on the arcade machines themselves? I don't own them but I have read them, and yes, he wasn't a "primary" character in them, as they were short and they tried to cram in all the characters. Liu Kang didn't have a big role, as I recall, in them either, and he's the main good guy!

Ed Boon stated Scorpion was his favourite character a very, very long time ago, and you are incorrect about the character's popularity at the franchise's beginning.
I was going to write a long reply to this.

Then I realized......

......Are you implying since Scorpion is "the most popular" it's fair that he's unbalanced? And does that also mean D'vorah can remain below bottom tier?

I was going to write a long reply to this.

Then I realized......

......Are you implying since Scorpion is "the most popular" it's fair that he's unbalanced? And does that also mean D'vorah can remain below bottom tier?
Not at all! Popularity does not equal balance, nor should it have anything to do with balance. As I've said, D'Vorah does indeed need help; I don't think anyone doubts that.

Scorpion is also considered one of the strongest characters in the game right now, irrespective of the character's overall popularity.