What's new

I'm having a problem

I play a decent cage and I'm trying to perfect my blockstrings but I'm causing myself an issue by hitting buttons to many times and a can't make myself stop and I was hoping for some advice.

For instance a lot of times when I go for a f32 I'll do f33 instead because I'm Overzealous on the 3. I can stop doing it if I really concentrate but how do I make this second nature? When it comes to linking strings is where I run into my biggest issues.

A go to string for me is 11xxf32xxd3 into f33 ex forceball f32 and into either f3 again or a throw. My issue is I'll hit an input too many times and end up just standing there doing nothing because a string didn't come out.

What can I do to slow myself down? And don't even get me started on trying to hit confirm...:(

leek

Noob
I play a decent cage and I'm trying to perfect my blockstrings but I'm causing myself an issue by hitting buttons to many times and a can't make myself stop and I was hoping for some advice.

For instance a lot of times when I go for a f32 I'll do f33 instead because I'm Overzealous on the 3. I can stop doing it if I really concentrate but how do I make this second nature? When it comes to linking strings is where I run into my biggest issues.

A go to string for me is 11xxf32xxd3 into f33 ex forceball f32 and into either f3 again or a throw. My issue is I'll hit an input too many times and end up just standing there doing nothing because a string didn't come out.

What can I do to slow myself down? And don't even get me started on trying to hit confirm...:(
Continue playing.

that's pretty much it.. concentrate real hard when you play to get the correct inputs and it will come naturally with time.

mekane

Noob
i have another, separate probelm, that i figured i'd post in here since its kind of a noob question and i didn't want to bother the other threads with a question that is probably already asked somewhere...

when I input his BnB combo: B3 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch, Instead of getting normal 4, i get F4 because of the negative edge on the dash I think... does anyone else have this problem? do i just need to work on faster inputs, dashing immediately after the 2, wait a pslit second, then do 44?

i have another, separate probelm, that i figured i'd post in here since its kind of a noob question and i didn't want to bother the other threads with a question that is probably already asked somewhere...

when I input his BnB combo: B3 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch, Instead of getting normal 4, i get F4 because of the negative edge on the dash I think... does anyone else have this problem? do i just need to work on faster inputs, dashing immediately after the 2, wait a pslit second, then do 44?
yah that combo is really hard to get down

Looks like you're still holding forward when doing the 44, causing the F4 to come out instead. It's similar to the dash 2 concept: do a quick dash, let go of the direction, and do the 2. After the last 2, do a quick dash, let go of the direction, do the 44, and cancel into nutpunch.