What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
If there's ever a point in time you're using an Escrima interactable/super combo, then B2,3~interact,22~Super does 48% and with jump in 49%.

It works with interactables that kick the opponent into the BG for a pop-up. (Wayne Manor/Themyscira Statues, etc) Yolo

Escrimas

Midscreen
Staying in Escrima
- 113(first hit)~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213(first hit)~Flipkick(30% | With J2 or MB: 34% | With J2 and MB: 38%)
- B11~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213(first hit)~Flipkick(32%| With J2 or MB: 37% | With J2 and MB: 40%)
- F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213(first hit)~Flipkick(33%| With J2 or MB: 37% | With J2 and MB: 40%)
- B2, F213(first hit)~Flipkick(23%)
- 33~Escrima Fury, J2, D3(23%)
- 33~Escrima Fury, J3~Wing Dings(28%)

Ending with Staff
- 113(first hit)~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213(first hit)~4~Staff Spin (30% | With J2 or MB: 34% | With J2 and MB: 38%)
- B11(first hit)~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213(first hit)~4~Staff Spin (32%| With J2 or MB: 37% | With J2 and MB: 40%)
- F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213(first hit)~4~Staff Spin (33%| With J2 or MB: 37% | With J2 and MB: 40%)
- B2, F213(first hit)~4~Staff Spin(23%)
- 33~Escrima Fury, J2, 1~4~Staff Spin(26%) => Hard to do, don't really recommend it. Only one I found.

Corner
Staying in Escrima
- 113(first hit)~Escrima Fury, J3, 112, F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, 113(34% | With MB: 41% | With J2: 38% | With J2 and MB: 41% )
- B11(first hit)~Escrima Fury, J3, 112, F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, 113(37% | With MB: 41% | With J2: 41% | With J2 and MB: 44% )
- F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, J3, 112, F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, 113(37% | With J2 or MB: 41% | With J2 and MB: 44% )
- B2, 112, F213~Escrima Fury, 113(33%)

Ending with Staff
Cancel the second hit of 113 into Staff.

Staff

Midscreen
- 1F1~Ground Blast MB, B3, J3, 1~Flying Grayson(39% | With J2: 42%) => ~Full screen
- 1F1~Ground Blast MB, B3, J3, 1~Staff Spin(38% | With J2: 41%) => Keeps them close for pressure
- 1F1~4~Escrima Fury, F3, J2, F213~4~Staff Spin(32% | With J2: 36% | With MB: 37% | With J2 and MB: 41%) => Only possible when you are touching the opponent, not that reliable of a combo
- 2, B3, J3, 1~Flying Grayson(35%)
- 2, B3, J2, Staff Spin(28%)

Corner
- 1,F1~Ground Blast MB, J2, D2~4~Escrima Fury, J3~Wing Dings(39% | With J2: 42%)
- 1,F1~Ground Blast MB, J2, 1, 1, 1, 1F1~Staff Spin(40% | With J2: 43%)
- 1F1~4~Escrima Fury, J3, 112, F213(first hit)~Escrima Fury, 113(37% | With J2: 40% | With MB: 41% | With J2 and MB: 44%)
- 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1F1~Staff Spin(36%)
Those Escrima combos ending with f213 are next to impossible for me. Got anything that's simper and will work online?

Saitsu

Noob
f213's are simple and DO work online. I know this because I do them. The only time they're really finicky is when trying to do them from j3. In which case you can just replace with j2 for a simpler combo.

f213's are simple and DO work online. I know this because I do them. The only time they're really finicky is when trying to do them from j3. In which case you can just replace with j2 for a simpler combo.
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with him.

AssassiN

Noob
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with him.

Dickjokes aside, that combo is pretty easy to do.
You'll be having more problems with B2, F213.

I recommend to keep practicing, but if you feel you really need an easier one, I guess you can do either of these two:
- Starter~Escrima Fury, F3, Flipkick
- Starter~Escrima Fury, J2, F213~Flipkick

Ulturas

Noob

Trying to add more to this it's 44% with 1 Bar and puts them in the corner basically from left/right ish midscreen pretty easy to pull off though depending on where you are in the Arena. You can also end the combo with 113 (untechable) but you lose like 3-4% I think. Kinda thinking about maining NW xD.

Inputs:

JI2, F213 xx DF2 MB, JI3, F213 xx DF2, JI3, DB1

Dickjokes aside, that combo is pretty easy to do.
You'll be having more problems with B2, F213.

I recommend to keep practicing, but if you feel you really need an easier one, I guess you can do either of these two:
- Starter~Escrima Fury, F3, Flipkick
- Starter~Escrima Fury, J2, F213~Flipkick
Oh crud, I didn't mean it that way honest. Gotta watch what I say in this forum lol. Yeah the B2 F213 is tough. Think I got once last night. I'll try those others out thanks.

nualphaJPN

Toriko
I rarely use staff change in my combos, and I get 36% without meter. It's an easy combo, puts them in the corner and its a hard knockdown allowing you to go for another cross up/staff change.

combo goes as follows: ESCRIMA
j2(despite what anyone says, this is a great crossup move because of its weird animation), 22 xx DF2, F3, B2 xx DF2, J3 xx Air wingding (36% no meter)

If you want 37% no meter then do this: ESCRIMA

J2, F21xxDF2, F3, B2xxDf2, J3xx air wingdings (37%)

I dont play nightwing to burn meter on combos to be honest. I typically save the meter to create spacing with ground spark, scatter bomb anti air, or ground pound in staff position. I tend to play a more keep away nightwing.

nualphaJPN

Toriko
Also, at this point to be honest there really isnt a real viable solution as to using trait changes in combos. aside from the benefit of being in a particular stance for a certain situation, I dont see any merit.

I use the trait change off of jab confims and thats about it.

35% + staff combos are quite doable with just one meter burn and no trait change.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Why trait mid combo? Because there is no high/low string for Nightwing in escrima. ji2xF213x4xdb2MB is the best thing we've got.

nualphaJPN

Toriko
I dont see any reason to trait change mid combo as the damage output is no different if not slightly less, then if you just used a regular combo.

the only time using a trait change would be useful would be off of a hit confirm to build pressure game (esp corner). Aside from that, at this point in the game it's nothing that would be a game changer, but rather only used for flash.

If your agenda is to do flashy combos, then so be it. However, if your intention is to win then use combos that deal damage and then keep away

AssassiN

Noob
I dont see any reason to trait change mid combo as the damage output is no different if not slightly less, then if you just used a regular combo.

the only time using a trait change would be useful would be off of a hit confirm to build pressure game (esp corner). Aside from that, at this point in the game it's nothing that would be a game changer, but rather only used for flash.

If your agenda is to do flashy combos, then so be it. However, if your intention is to win then use combos that deal damage and then keep away
It seems like you hate doing combo's that include changing stance.
I only do it from Escrima to Staff to get my Staff-pressure going.

Although I do think that F213~4~Ground Blast MB might do more damage than F213~Escrima Fury MB when doing a full combo.

nualphaJPN

Toriko
I don't hate them by any means, I just think that they have no use outside of being flashy.

You can easily do no meter combos that are 35% or more in most cases. If you use it for pressure then definitely, as I mentioned that I only use it to keep corner pressure in most cases.

The only meter combo I use is in staff trait, off of a jump in 1, F1x2 xx ground blast MBxx F3, J3, DB3 (38-39%)

ferncaz95

Vicariously living through Dick
I haven't tested this out in a fight yet(it probably can't be done in multiplayer online due to lag), but I made a combo that starts off in escrima and ends in staff that goes

B1xx4xxDB2(Ground Blast) MB, B3, JI 2, 1, BF3(Flying Grayson)

What do you guys suggest I do after B3? I feel like there's so much more I can do in between that and Flying Grayson.

AssassiN

Noob
I haven't tested this out in a fight yet(it probably can't be done in multiplayer due to lag), but I made a combo that starts off in escrima and ends in staff that goes

B1xx4xxDB2(Ground Blast) MB, B3, JI 2, 1, BF3(Flying Grayson)

What do you guys suggest I do after B3? I feel like there's so much more I can do in between that and Flying Grayson.
Use J3 instead of J2.
Maybe you can sneak a 3 somewhere in there when still using J2.

7r17r1

Noob
Since when does wingding is hard knockdown ? did the patch it ? x)

Wingding is not hard knockdown at all, you even lose priority if you use it as a combo finisher on some combo if the opponent does a wake roll

I finish most of my combo with a staff spin cancel, to be in escrima on my opponent's wake up with the benefit of the hard knockdown

From there you can :
meaty d12 (can't hit confirm it, but +4 on block and +29 on hit, which is enough to allow for a guaranted dash in 11)
meaty f2
early b2 for overhead, delayed one to catch back dash
f3
u3 / u3d3 mix up
cross up with j2 or with db3
etc...

I'm not too fan of the staff pressure, except in the corner where it's heavily broken

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Ji-2 ' F2-1 xx DF2 ' F3 ' Ji-2 ' F2-1 xx DF2 EX (37% Damage)

Ji-2 ' 22 xx DF2 EX ' F3 ' Ji-2 ' DB1 (36% Damage)

(Staff) 2 ' 3 ' 1 xx BF3 (28% Damage)

(Staff) 1 xx DB2 EX ' B3 ' Ji-2 ' 1 xx BF3 (35% Damage)

Saitsu

Noob
Ji-2 ' F2-1 xx DF2 ' F3 ' Ji-2 ' F2-1 xx DF2 EX (37% Damage)

Ji-2 ' 22 xx DF2 EX ' F3 ' Ji-2 ' DB1 (36% Damage)

(Staff) 2 ' 3 ' 1 xx BF3 (28% Damage)

(Staff) 1 xx DB2 EX ' B3 ' Ji-2 ' 1 xx BF3 (35% Damage)
I don't mean to be rude but...why did you post these?

Saitsu

Noob
I never said they weren't. So what's the issue, exactly?
Because those combos aren't optimal and the most used or even efficient (except for the 2 starter you had, which was already on the front page). They also aren't any easier than the actual BnB's he has.

The only reason to post those would be just to say "Hey, these are the combos I use" to which, either A) No one cares or B) They're compelled to tell you there's more optimal things on the first page which you should already know.

So, TL;DR and to be particularly blunt...that was a worthless post.

Status
Not open for further replies.