What's new

Question If you left the game..... what makes you RETURN to MK XL?

The MK XL hype is .....

• The new Season 2 characters

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • The new content (stages,fatalities,...)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The new GGPO netcode

Votes: 92 78.0%
  • The new character balances (buffs,nerfs...)

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 9158

I left originally because of shitty online. However, with the promise of new content, GGPO netcode and some new balancing for the cast coming, I've made my return. Also, watching ESL season 2 finals inspired me to pick the game up again as well. Picked up D'vorah as a new main, loving every minute.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Ill be coming back simply because SFV is just trash in my opinion. Was gonna just main that but I cant bring myself to do it right now.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Netkode. It pained me to stop playing because MKX is incredible but the bad netkode was ruining the experience. Now that the netkode seems to be up to par, i'll definitely be back playing. So hyped for this.

i stopped playing just before the patch came out last year, but i kept following the game.
i dont really know why i stopped playing i just wanted to play some other games really, i have always mained kitana and i felt like i got everything out of her i could.
i want to come back to try the mileena changes (one of my favourite characters), the improved netcode and to try tri-borg.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
What made me come back was playing Street Fighter V all night.

I think I just don't like Street Fighter. MKX has so much more content, moves, match options... just more EVRYTHING.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I left because the terrifying netcode they have on MKX, and partly because my characters where not in the game.

when MKXL comes out i will be in full swing because of many reasons.

Balance patches, GGPO, and my favorite characters Cyrax and Smoke.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I quit because my XBL gold ran out and I don't want to renew it for 1 game. I paid like $120 just to play the base game online...then bought Kombat Pack 1..and if I buy gold again I'm pushing $200 for 1 game. No thanks.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
People still get mad at the sub match up?

stopped playing about a month ago, just waiting for the patch now to actually lab. The beta has fantastic online so i cant wait till they implement it into the game

There are more serious issues to leave the game, I am from Greece and online is shity too but No.
If I was about to leave the game it would be due to the mechanics.
1.Safe specials.
2.No hurtbox.
3.low profile.
4.Imbalance tiers.
These are my thoughts.
I always assumed a lot of specials were safe was because how you dont gain meter on hits.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I always assumed a lot of specials were safe was because how you dont gain meter on hits.
It doesn't matter,what if your best string is punishable and you make it safe by canceling into the special?My opinion is that they should be - on block.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It doesn't matter,what if your best string is punishable and you make it safe by canceling into the special?My opinion is that they should be - on block.
That only means that character was supposed to be safe after that opener by design. Whether it is achieved by safe frame data or ability to cancel into a safe move is irrelevant.

Also remember that in MKX cancelling negative things into specials typically results in a gap (sometimes even normal-interruptable), see Liu's Dragon Roar, Erron's rifle butt etc.

Other times it's about whether you want to commit for chance of big damage, stay safe or spend meter to get better deal (see Raiden's b2 / b2~shocker / b2~ex-VB in the corner).