What's new

If you could trade dash for anything, what would it be?

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I posted this in the Reptile forum and everyone jumped on my balls.

Since I barely use the move anyway I'd like the JC dash or 6 frame 1. I'd take that swap right now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'd trade it for nothing.

Being able to punish things no one else can is fun. Being able to cross half a screen in under half a second is fun. Setting up fun wakeup offense is fun.

Even if it means he keeps all the flaws he has, I still want my dash.

Dude its insane, we have totally different Sonyas. I love you you pressure with her, its amazing. Its like you have an offensive Sonya and I have a defensive Sonya. Those games were great.
I agree. That's why he is so fun to play. But if I had to is take the 1221 12b1 as a true mix up with forceball.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Can't believe these"I'll trade this for that" threads are becoming a trend... Tools for a character are becoming a trading card game.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I use Reptile's dash to travel really more than I use it for attacking. If I think I can't get in to punish something fast enough, I will use it for quick damage, but for the most part I use it to travel. If I had to trade it off for something, it would definitely be more EX specials with armor, like the Acid Hand or Acid Spit, and maybe a faster standard dash.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I'll trade you my zero frame saw blade for your force balls. Deal?
If that came out in zero frames wouldn't it be able to interrupt cage on his advantage pressures since CSZ can parry through it? I don't think it comes out in 0 frames.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
EX dash combo juggles? Good god the glory :) in terms of dash I wish it was still a wake up attack which it also was in the beta.

As for not being able to punish, he could still punish pretty much everything with 321.. oh wait no dash. Make 32 link into forceball. He could still punish everything with 32forceball combos lol. Him having an actual dash, he could take so much more advantage of things like 12b1, 1221, d4.
If you look at the handy cam footage from PAX before the game was even up for demo, Reptile could combo his :ex dash in juggles.

I think it would have been cool, if they limited it to only juggles and not as an AA move. Would bring more variety to his combos.

NKZero

Noob
If that came out in zero frames wouldn't it be able to interrupt cage on his advantage pressures since CSZ can parry through it? I don't think it comes out in 0 frames.
another bites the dust with regards to REO's trolling. he was mocking the fact that many people complained about the saw blade having a 0 frame start-up when it never did lol. this was during the days of "Kabal wins every match 8-2" and the dreaded hit-box and iaGB spam...