What's new

If you could remove 1 THING out of MK9, What would it be?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For all of you saying that input bug is the problem, why would you choose that over blockstun?
That means you Sub players could rely more on your 22 to interupt shit rather than D4.
That's a big deal, but honestly, input bug is a much worse issue on a fundamental level.

Charlie, blockstun has nothing to do with input bug. The input bug occurs outside of blockstun.

THTB

if you remove ALL armor you will need to take care of the blockstun first, armor was nrs' lazy way of dealing with blockstun imo.
Instead of just removing armor, add in the invincible properties some moves have, such as Cage being strike invincible and Reptile's EX acid hand having projectile invincibility.

Jk~Air Throw does literally no damage lol. The jk also lifts you off of the ground... makes you airbourne...
Oh I thought it did.I guess it's the kick that does the damage.And I was aware that the kick sends them airbourne.I just don't like that the air throw connects.it's a really shitty feeling getting air thrown when you don't intentionally leave the ground.lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
#1 would have to be the input bug. That's probably cost me more wins than anything else.

Otherwise -
Ex Cartwheel
Freddy
Every d4

Instead of just removing armor, add in the invincible properties some moves have, such as Cage being strike invincible and Reptile's EX acid hand having projectile invincibility.
dude if you mean ex nutpunch, that move is stupid man, inst that just better than armor? it beats armor and you dont take damage while armor does.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
1) Kenshi & Freddy because they weren't in the original trilogy(). I'd prefer either a new character (like Skarlet was for example) or Tremor and Hydro! Those two were in all Mugen MKs and looked like they could fit in MK9.
2) Character models. All characters cannot be ripped and have the same height (esp the female characters are all boobs and muscles-meh). I don't necessarily mean they should have hitbox differences when they duck, but at least make Quan Chi and Shang Tsung normal, not like Arnold Hamburgerger! For Raiden's sakes, they're sorcerers-they don't have to be ripped!
3) Practice mode.
4) Video endings.

Oh I thought it did.I guess it's the kick that does the damage.And I was aware that the kick sends them airbourne.I just don't like that the air throw connects.it's a really shitty feeling getting air thrown when you don't intentionally leave the ground.lol
It is annoying, I'll give you that lol

#1 would have to be the input bug. That's probably cost me more wins than anything else.

Otherwise -
Ex Cartwheel
Freddy
Every d4
Does the input bug happen more with certain characters? It only happened to me when I used Sub-Zero. It never happens with any other character I use.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
dude if you mean ex nutpunch, that move is stupid man, inst that just better than armor? it beats armor and you dont take damage while armor does.
It only beats armor if the move it's colliding with's armor frames end before Ex Nut punches invincibilty frames do. But yes its essentially better armor in that you don't take damage but I believe a well timed throw will beat invincible moves (this is why you can throw Raiden out of his teleport).

THTB

The point is that some moves don't need to blow through EVERYTHING with armor. EX nutpunch is only strike invincible, and loses to throws. Like with Sonya's cartwheel, instead of it blowing through everything with armor, why not have it be invincible in one direction or the other so that she doesn't deal with both options with just one move? Or with Kabal's EX dash, it's only projectile invincible so that he can't do flash parry shit?

Somnuse

Noob
Several ex moves like cartwheel
Remove instant air projectiles
Nerf Freddy kabal, maybe Lao some
No Double resets for greater than 70% hp