What's new

If you could have any 3 characters in the next MK who were not in MK9 who would it be?

LOL, I'm one of very few people who actually found MKA's Story Mode fascinating, especially the tale of the two brothers racing each other in a quest to achieve godhood.
Fair enough, I mean, I kinda agree with ya there. MKA's story was intriguing, I just felt that Taven himself was a rather bland and boring character. Daegon wasn't too bad seeing as how he's the head of the Red Dragon and whatnot, but yeah.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
To me, it could have any character in the game...dont care about this. But it has to have Ashrah for sure :)

1. Blaze ( Play similar to Cinder from Killer Instinct)
2. Shinnok
3. Havik

Honorable mention
4. Bo Rai Cho
5. Taven ( My sons name)
6. Reiko
7. Fujin
8. Tanya

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I'm going to break the script a little bit. Seeing how they killed off almost all the "good cast" of characters, I definitely want to see good replacements for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Jax, Smoke and Sub-Zero, so on and so forth. But the bad guys are so wicked with their back story... so to answer the question the three that I think will mesh very well in this modern day MK world (MK10) are:

1. Havik (the dude can invert his joints... what more is there to say)
2. Drahmin (I really like him and if they did an injustice style character power, he can go into Oni mode and a be straight rush down, no mercy/pity type of a brawler)
3. Sareena (I really think she can be a solid character and seeing how the plot is building for Shinnok and Quan Chi, she can be a good side chick, I mean side kick)

Honorable mention/recommendations:

- I want to see Kobra and Kira as part of the Black Dragon under Kano. Make Kobra a little less of a mixture of Ken & Cody (of Street Fighter) and give him more of a darker look. Make Kira and Sonya rivals.. it would be awesome!!
- A young Shujinko - don't invest too much into this character but I think a young unrefined Shujinko would be cool.
- Bo Rai Cho... just don't do the vomit BS. For real, make him stagger opponents with a special type of moonshine, IDK, just not that vomit obsession you guys at NRS seem to have, lol
- I really don't see a need for Frost. You don't have to fill the void of a Freezing character like Sub-Zero/Cyber Sub-Zero
- Now having said that... Make Noob Saibot a good guy to keep it interesting and make him war with Scorpion (Bi-Han vs Hanzo). Or vice versa
- I'm not sure of the politics behind this, but I think Tanya would be cool. However, if you're worried about having two black female fighters in the game (ref. Sareena as my main suggestion), then I get it, lol. No offense to anybody...
- Nitara would be awesome, especially since you did a good job with Hawkgirl in injustice ;-)
- Maybe this is a little personal but I really liked Ashrah whole background. With the plot shifting to the Nether Realm versus Outworld, this makes more sense and if she's one of the "good guys" she can be the replacement for Kitana/Jade (her or Le Mei)
- Reiko... seriously... make him the new leader of outworld. If the NetherRealm makes its onslaught... he can be like the last general of Outworld as they go to war with Shinnok's army.. I like the plot.
- Definitely less Lin Kuei. I would say make Cyrax good though. I like his appearance in MK9 versus MKDA so keep the guy with the locks
- Mavado and Hsu Hao are good considerations (especially Hsu Hao for the grappler void after the Jax killing, lol). I know they can be incorporated but perhaps make them in between good and bad.
- Darrius, Dairou, Jarek, are just boring. Technically, Li Mei and Kai were boring too but I would consider both, and more for Kai for some Shaolin representation.
- If you put Mokap, Taven or Daegon in this game, i will send you hate mail every week!!
- I would consider Moloch as the Sub-boss replacement for Goro and Kintaro before you get to Shinnok. Quan Chi should be the replacement for Shang Tsung.
--If this is going to be a Nether Realm type invasion, I would consider having more of the story mode focus on the Nether Realm and Earth as oppose to Outworld and Earth.
- Also, I would find a way to implement the Realm of Chaos. I thought the story mode in MK Deception was brilliant and I really think you should expound on it.
- No more guest characters like Freddy and Kratos.
- Please not too many brand spanking new characters. I think re-introducing some of the other characters will be new enough. THis game is story mode driven and I think you do an exceptional job with that, but new characters just make the story go haywire.
- Who was that mysterious character in Jade's ending... is she going to be in the next MK game?
- And finally, try to get away from the whole Ninja Spectre thing. Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Ermac (if he's an anti-villian) and Rain may be enough but no more than them.

Last edited:

Arkane Slim

As for returning characters I think Shinnok is pretty much going to be in the next MK if they follow the ending of MK9.
- I wonder how Mileena, Reptile, Ermac and Baraka will fit in seeing how the destruction of their leader puts them in limbo? I really would like to see Mileena and Ermac if I had to choose. I know Baraka is like one of the NRS top 5 poster children (behind Scorps, SZ, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage) but how does he fit in these days?
-- Now after MK10, If you bring Onaga back into play, I can see how Mileena, Reptile, Ermac and Baraka would pledge their allegiance... also, I see a possible need for Tanya and Hotaru.
- I would like to see Sheeva represent the Shokan but side with Earth Realm.
- I know Scorpion is the poster child but I would like to see either him or Noob Saibot (one of them) part ways with Quan Chi. I know this contradicts what I said earlier, but maybe make Noob Saibot and Scorpion team up (that is if they don't war with each other).
- Raiden should be in there... and I figured you can add Fujin :-/
- I like Sonya and Johnny Cage in the game. Maybe make Cage become a little different based on his MK9 ending.
- I would like to see Cyrax in the game as a good guy. Sektor too, but not much of a strong plot for him besides warring with Cyrax.
- As far as the MK9 DLC's; Kenshi I guess... never really liked him much but we need some good guys to replace Nightwolf and Stryker, lol
- I really didn't like Rain either. Skarlet was cool but I just don't see how she will fit in the new story.. but you [NRS] have certainly surprised me before

Arkane Slim

Okay, Okay, so I'll end with this...

- There were 31/32 characters in MK9. About a fourth of the cast were females (about 7/8 female characters)
- - The female cast should be: Sonya, Sareena, Ashrah, Nitara, Sheeva, Kira, Li Mei, Mileena (Skarlet/Tanya as the honorable mentions)

- The Good/Questionable Male Fighters (An asterik denotes a "maybe"):
Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Fujin*, Cyrax, Kai*, Kenshi*, Shujinko, Bo Rai Cho

- The Bad/Questionable Male Figthers (An asterick denotes a "maybe")
Havik, Drahmin, Kano, Kobra, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Sektor*, Reiko, Noob Saibot, Ermac*

- The bosses:
Moloch, Quan Chi, Shinnok and Raiden
NOTE: I say Raiden as a boss because I think if you choose a bad guy (especially from the NetherRealm) to fight up the arcade ladder, the person you have to beat is Raiden. One thing I didn't like about MK9 was playing as Baraka or Mileena to defeat Shao Kahn. I think NRS can switch up the feel. The boss doesn't always have to equate to be a bad guy. If you choose an outworld person, it can be either Raiden (Earth Realm) or Shinnok (Nether Realm).

Last but not least: please incorporate a LONGER Story Mode. Yes, a lengthier story mode. The MK9 story mode was BRILLIANT and should be the focus of the actual sequence of events regardless of what ending you conjure for the arcade ladder mode. Definitely have all the characters up front and leave the DLC for other game modes. It's paramount to have all the characters up front, and they don't all have to be playable through story mode, but if you do have DLC fighters, at least make them known in the story mode (you don't ALWAYS have to be secretive...that's 90's stuff, lol)

I definitely want to emphasize having the many fighters incorporated in story mode. They all don't have to have the standard 4 fights either. For example; Scorpion can fight 5 people; Sareena, Drahmin, Moloch, and Noob Saibot before he confronts Quan Chi. While Sonya can fight 3 people; Kobra, Kira, then finally killing off that bastard Kano ;-)

Ashrah and Mavado would be cool. Sareena fighting 2 people in outworld on some secret mission would be cool. Havik just starting chaos with any random four people would be awesome. I don't think people like Kai and Hsu Hao need a chapter. This is just some ideas :)

Okay I'm done, seriously... hope you consider.

Last edited: