What's new

If "stance change" dodged projectiles...

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
...would this significantly change the game? Positively or negatively?

I personally think this is an interesting question. I think we would have less online "zoning" from the opposite end of the screen, which is what I think pisses off most new players. But if the stance change didn't advance the character (no build in dash), it would be less effective than a dash-block or dash-duck, so there wouldn't be any significant effect on top-level players.

A possible fix for online casual players, without changing the game for tournament players? Or an easily exploited fix that would ruin the game?

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
That would invalidate zoning pretty much entirely.

At least with dash -> block you take chip and stuff on the way in. Dash -> stance means literally no risk and no chip. And what about characters like GL, who use projectiles (minigun) up close? Stance change through it and fuck 'em up. How is that fair? And what about Raven or GL's gravity squeeze moves? Are those projectiles or physical hits? If they're projectiles, dodge through those too. Now they have nothing. If they're physical hits, really doesn't matter because now that's their only real option, so you can bait it even easier. And goodbye Green Arrow resets into super, because now I can just stance change through your super.

Yeah that doesn't sound like a good idea at all, man.