What's new

Discussion if sonic fox commited to a single main...

mk_mamood77

Liu/JohnnyKenshi main
One thing to point out is that in tournament, he will NEVER troll pick, even if he says that he is.

He will always use a character because he believes that character is the right pick at the time.

Jason vs Saltface: picked because of jasons advancing mids.
Shotgun Mirrors: he never loses the jacqui mirror, making that the right pick against jaqcui players.

etc etc
he picked unbreakable vs tom cmonbruh

Tweedy

Noob
why is jason so good against takeda?
Jason's walk speed is actually really good, so he can space out Takeda's whips really well. Takeda can't really poke out of anything that's -1 or -2(unless he's like frame perfect), Unstoppable breaks all armor. Takeda has a really hard time punishing choke.

He can't punish command grabs at all, really, even with armor, outside of Lasher and Ronin's EX DP. Lasher is probably the best, because of that, and because Jason can't punish low whip.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If he had to get only Alien Acidic, what would happen? Everyone would get his counterpick to wreck him in the next round.

Every character has another character as a bad MU, i.e.:

Mileena and Ermac against Sub Zero.
Alien against Jason and Leatherface.
Sub Zero against Tremor.
Scorpion and Takeda against almost everyone.

What would be Alien's counterpick? @SonicFox5000 was smart enough to get Cassie and Erron Black as his secondary mains to get rid of his bad MUs.

Everyone started as any character being their first main, and then kept on with the secondary mains. This is why Tekken Master almost had the chance to beat him with Kotal Khan and D'Vorah.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Not quite true. You could argue that Fox struggled the most in tournament during that period he only used Erron. When DJT and co were insane competition for him.

Now it doesn't seem as ludicrous because when he needs to, he's able to pick alien. Or one of his other characters he believes wins that matchup.
Yeah wrecking everyone with Erron was an overstatement, You phrased what i meant better.

He used to have a pocket Kitana to counter all the Yomi Lao's and i guess that's when he started to pick more characters to cover more matchups. Yet i still remember that one time his kitana almost lost to a reptile back when no one knew what reptile can do. Such great times.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
the one advantage of switching characters is most good players should be able to adjust to fighting the same match and same play style after a few times. Switching to something completely different can put you back in a winning position.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
All i know is Sonic is the top, and even if he commited to one the whole time, i think he did with erron at the start, i still think he would be victor, maybe lost a few, but ultimately one all of them.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Sonic can't do it with just Erron. Gunslinger struggles super hard against characters with good pokes cause he has highs for days, and a character with a launching tele can screw over his zoning :( plus he is riddled with gaps.

As Mustard said, sonic knew early on this game is about the counterpicking meta, and he used that to win. And he should. There should be no fucks given when it comes to playing for money. It's kinda hype as well to see these different characters under the radar getting shown off by sonic. People are starting to bitch about Tanya again because of it :D

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Sonicfox would still body everyone with variationless Kenshi.
Funnily enough he actually tried this on his stream and (I believe) Salt Face pushed his shit in with Ravenous. We never saw Fox play variationless Kenshi again lol.

EDIT: I just saw people start talking about Tekken Master vs Fox at evo. Part of playing a FT3 set and using counter picking as your strategy is that you need to think about who your opponent will counter pick your counter pick with and Tekken Master really should have thought about his choice more; If he won then Fox could have another shot to counter pick BG Kotal, who doesn't have a reversal in an offence heavy game in which Alien exists lol. Just my 2 cents.