What's new

Question If NRS took a break from fighting games, which genre would you want to see them make?

If NRS took a break from fighting games, which genre would you want to see them make?

• Sports Game/Esports etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Board or Card based or Trivia

• Programming game

• Over the head shooting game

• Simulator based game

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Discuss, if NRS got another IP and decided to take a break from the fighting genre with both MK and Injustice let's say. Which genre or kind of game would you like to see them make? Discuss.

I personally would love to see NRS make another Psi-Op's game which was a third person action game, where the main character has psychic powers it was freaking awesome!! It was also long before all the Star Wars games you see now and others known like Unleashed as it was the first game to test that engine. Anyway, either that or an arcade racer like Burnout or Split Second since those types of games have been lacking for a while now. Or perhaps even an FPS game like Quake or Doom or a platformer adventure game like Mythologies but done better of course.

You can vote up to 3 different options. Enjoy!

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Platformer ofc, There is no better idea than playing a game with the difficulty of megaman but with MK characters.

Too many choices to decide, but I reaaaally enjoyed SM and Mythologies. I would love a game like this during Injustice time periods to progress the story, introduce new characters, fill in the gaps. Imagine if we had a game in between to introduce new characters so that they grow on us beforehand. I think it would really add to the genre. Then we could do somethinf similar in between for Injusticr when new MK fighter comes out. Think about how great that would be! Ed boon, you listenin?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Gotta go with Horror/Survival on this. Something like a mix of Resident Evil meets Last of Us. Think they would knock a game like that out of the park, out of the stadium. The story, the theme, the play structure, they'd 10/10 this type of game.

An adventure/rpg game of sorts but survival related as well, say similar to Mass Effect or Fallout I think they could nail down too.

Those got my votes.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Ed Boon will be ready to present his upcoming personal project at this year's E3:

Twitter Troll Simulator!

It'll come with a neat little folder on how to best take care of your eyebrows as well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I want the people that make shadow or Mordor and shadow of war to be given the MK license since they’re also a WB studio and make an adventure game similar to shadow of war where you’re Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or someone and just tear through the neatherream, outworld, and chaosrealm. Tons of variety in enemy types. Tarkatans, Lin Kuei Cyborgs, demons, Shokan, reptiles(idk what there called), shit even Mileena clones cause why not. Lots of characters to use a sub bosses too

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
When thinking about this, you have to remember NRS' weaker traits. An RPG would likely be terrible because NRS' storytelling is trash. Vogel is a hack, but hopefully Kittelson can salvage it.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
They've already dabbled with gear, so I'd definitely love to see some kind of Action RPG from them. Imagine a MK-themed Souls-like with their gore tech. I wanna see a greatsword cleave a motherfucker in two like it was Game of Thrones.

MKF30

Kissthemissile, disagree if anything tekken or capcom sucks ass in comparison. Have you seen the story for those? I wouldn’t say trash when everyone else in the genre respects and admits nrs has the best story telling in the genre, though kittleson knows his shit. Vogel I respect cause he’s kept the myths alive for years since Tobias left.

lmao@ b shazzy.....

And make incomplete average games with paid on disc content? No thanks I’ll stick to NRS. Hey which game sold more Again, injustice 2 or mvc4 again? MKX or Street Fighter 5 incomplete edition? :D I find this hilarious I mean I know you're trolling but you are aware that Capcom is just recycling old games updated because their fighting games have been lackluster.

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I understand that as an artist and a developer you want to branch out and do new things. But at this point of era, its so hard to come up something that isn't generic. I WOULD HATE if they did any kind of shooter, sports game or take on a IP that isn't theirs. I already struggle to like Injustice and thats a fighting game, a genre that im really fond of. But I would support them creating a new world withing the MK universe because thats what I associate them with it. MK is pretty special in the videogame world, there isnt anything like it, people tried to emulate it, they failed. Doesnt't have to be a fighting game, an adventuristic game would do, or an open world rpg game would suffice aswell. The new game doesnt even have to be called MK , just let it be withing borders of the franchise. Thats what I expect from them, its kind of like a band that you really love, they have unique sound in like 3,4 albums and then change it to something that you wouldn't even consider listen to, so you end up dissapointed while the musician is happy. They finally did something new but it really isn't new, there was something like that in the market, you already had enough of apples, and now your special fruit has become one big apple aswell. Not that apples are bad, its just that my special fruit was, well...special.

Last edited:
I really think the many unique races and factions of the mk universe would fit amazingly well into a digital card game format. Outworld could be a faction with Shao Kahn or Kotal Kahn as playable heroes. Edenia could pick between Kitana and Mileena etc

MKF30

I really think the many unique races and factions of the mk universe would fit amazingly well into a digital card game format. Outworld could be a faction with Shao Kahn or Kotal Kahn as playable heroes. Edenia could pick between Kitana and Mileena etc
That could work, I forgot they actually DID make a MK card game back in the 90's BlockBuster Video sold them, there were the Sub-Zero and Scorpion packs. I have collected some of them.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
When thinking about this, you have to remember NRS' weaker traits. An RPG would likely be terrible because NRS' storytelling is trash. Vogel is a hack, but hopefully Kittelson can salvage it.
Sure seems like they've done a good job with MK and Injustice. The Injustice comics were one of DC's biggest surprise successes, people liked that story quite a bit. It got me into comicbooks.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Well, as the only kind of games I play other than MK are strategy games, in fact I mainly pay strategy games, I voted for that.

A top class Turn Based Strategy Game of all out war between the realms with armies and map painting and stuff would be awesome. Hero Units could be the main MK characters, or maybe Squads lead by Named Units like in Dawn of War 2.. Put in a neat story and campaign mode.. I would play the hell out of that.

Someone get in touch with Paradox and make this happen!!
(Oh and also make the He-Man Fighting Game!!)