What's new

If MK4 used Digitized Actors

I don't understand why people have to bitch about frontpage articles. This is not your website and if you don't like it you don't have to click on the article, simple as that. People also bitch about tweet front pages but these front page articles get a lot of views and some people DO find them interesting. A lot of people think they know what is good for tym but that is not always the case.

How and since when is something MK related not front-page worthy?

Are we not on a Mortal Kombat site?

Also thanks to which ever moderator front paged this. I really wasn't expecting it but glad to see there's still love for MK. :)
So everything MK-related should be front paged?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Who else thinks if they used digitized actors for MK4 the game would have been so much more amazing? Check out these awesome fan made videos below:

Scorpion vs Sub-Zero

Scorpion vs Jax

Graphics wise, I personally thought MK4 series was the worst out of the entire franchise due to the presentation alone. It just looked not a whole lot like MK. Now if they re did the graphics with digitized actors... I would play the shit out of MK4! The potential is definitely there (I mean, it's already a pretty solid game). The looks just heavily turn me off. (Am I alone on this?)
The engine they used was Zeus if I recall right. I was surprised they didn't use digital character's in mk4 because war gods was made by midway on Zeus hardware and they did use some form of digital capture look at Pagan from war gods who if I recall correctly is based on the actor that was Sonya in mk3.
Any way the graphics were a big turn off to me when I first saw and played this game in arcades and on console. I fully agree I would if enjoyed it more if it was digital captures. In addition I actually don't hate mk4s engine because it keeps the same button scheme as mk 1-3 .

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I'll be the odd man out and say that I prefer the graphics how they were in the game. Part 4 was my favorite.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Totally agree. Sadly the graphics in MK4 were awful. That, more than anything else, turned me off the game, even though pretty much everything else was good. Great characters, story, great final boss, great music. The gameplay was good too, except for the fact you lost your weapon if you got hit one time. That was lame. Another awesome thing about that was the intro, the animated character bios, and especially the full FMV endings for each character.

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Kool koncept. I loved MK4 and thought the visual presentation and sounds where kool as fuck. This 2D one makes me wonder though lol
The side step in 2D reminds me of 3rd strikes parry system which I love. Awesome potential here.

All the best,
OBS