What's new

Question If Kabal were banned

Flagg

Noob
How about NRS gives every character in the game, 70% death combos, except for Kabal. Would Kabal players be down with that?

Don't know how you didn't understand my analogy. I was saying how the overpowered weapons Pro COD players use are the same/perks does that not make the game fun. They are also the must unenjoyable weapons but because of their skills sets it gives the teams/players the win. Unenjoyable like Kabal.
I understand your analogy I just thought it didn't make sense because they have banned guns but you are right about the OP guns in older games. I digress, it doesn't really matter

<3 you KING but seriously stop downplaying Kung Lao!

and you, seriously stop up playing Kung Lao!

Kung Lao is a high tier character but he has his problems and he is beatable. He loses to Cyrax obviously since he can't play his game and he can't compete with outrageous broken damage from that robot. He loses to small hitbox characters like Cage and Kitana who has superior footsies on ground, half life damage and takes away his air game. Then he has problems starting offense on low hitbox characters like Sektor and Mileena that counter his air mind games but nothing too overwhelming for him. He is Top 5 but not safe and broken like Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax and Sonya.
how is saying kung lao beats kenshi 6-4 upplaying, stop putting words in my mouth, if you think its all about the teleport youre just wrong. If youre still having problems against mileena then you need some work to do in training mode. I am fully aware of lao's problems but if someones argument is lao loses because he can't teleport then you obviously haven't done everything to make the matchup more even.

Imo he goes 5-5 with sektor and cage and probably loses to cyrax and kitana. a lot of lao players will say lao loses to cage but will do the overhead after 24 on hit all day and not get the extra 20% of damage when they could have done a spin if they learned stance check but they are just lazy.

iSixPathsOfPain

Saftey's Disabled Kombat Mode Engaged
I couldn't agree more the Kabal is just stupid he has everything a character need as well as the ridiculous pressure make like easy and just delete him :)

coolwhip

Noob
I used to think Lao wins 6-4, but after playing Pboard and Seven and after talking for a while, it could be a possible 5-5. Pboard thinks Ermac wins 6-4. You literally can't teleport in this matchup at all, if you delay the tele3 or instant tele3 Ermac can uppercut to do a 50% combo every single time. Ermac controls alot of space with telepush and lift. Ermac punishes hard every mistake you make. It's tougher than you would think lol

Yeah, pretty much this. It's one of the few match-ups Kung Lao has to play grounded. Ermac controls a lot of the space in this match-up, punishes Kung Lao hard, and has an answer for his aerial shenanigans. Maybe it's just me, but Ermac seems one of the characters who are actually able to jump in on Kung Lao every now and then, because his other tools open up that possibility. I think it's 5-5, with MAYBE slight advantage to Lao since he can just block a push and start his offense (and he's much better than Ermac up close), but it's still a tricky match-up.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Personally, as a kabal main, i don't want kabal to be banned. This does not mean that i would drop the game, i fully understand why people would want to ban him, but if kabal is banned i do think that other characters would need to be taken out as well. That is just my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
how is saying kung lao beats kenshi 6-4 upplaying, stop putting words in my mouth, if you think its all about the teleport youre just wrong. If youre still having problems against mileena then you need some work to do in training mode. I am fully aware of lao's problems but if someones argument is lao loses because he can't teleport then you obviously haven't done everything to make the matchup more even.

Imo he goes 5-5 with sektor and cage and probably loses to cyrax and kitana. a lot of lao players will say lao loses to cage but will do the overhead after 24 on hit all day and not get the extra 20% of damage when they could have done a spin if they learned stance check but they are just lazy.
You go all around these forums and praise Kung Lao all the time, up play that character. Just stop seriously.

How does Kung Lao go even with Cage, Cyrax and Kitana? We have the best Kung Lao players who attend tournaments, give results, shared their experience in the match ups of the game FOREVER KING and Perfect Legend. They play Kung Lao at the highest level and both made Top 8 at EVO twice, hold that. If you talk high and might about Kung Lao, where is your results and top notch performance? Needless to say, both these guys played with the character masters Dizzy's Cage, 16Bit's Kitana and few Cyrax players like Denzell and noobe to know for a fact these are not even match ups, very much not in Kung Lao's favor at all. Bird Lao is the future of Kung Lao. Mileena goes 5-5 with Kung Lao, pig of the hut has not come across a single Kung Lao player to make it a winning match up for Kung Lao nor Mileena. Far as Kenshi, it's probably now 5-5.

FOREVER KING and Perfect Legend are right admitting the flaws with Kung Lao. I just had to comment that FOREVER KING downplayed a little overboard regarding Ermac. No way Kung Lao goes even or lose that match up. Kung Lao wins the neutral game and when they both sit full screen, how is Ermac going to get his damage (he can't shoot a fireball, he can't teleport, outside TKP it does not reach) and how is Kung Lao going to get his damage? All Kung Lao has to do is walk up to Ermac and what is he going to do? Ermac's strings are ass on low hitbox characters and what is he going to do? Throw? Neutral duck and Spin that whiff attempt. Jump backwards with air blast? Just F3 knock Ermac trying to jump or instant Dive Kick to dodge to get in Ermac's turf. Kung Lao obviously can't be in the air since Ermac controls it, dash block and approach. Kung Lao wins. Ermac has terrible wake up when he gets knocked down, bait, punish and his D3 won't save him. Kung Lao can play abusive.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

There is no "probably". Kung Lao loses to Kitana. Period.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Doing something about Kabal won't change much. Sure, we'll see other characters closer to finals, but those will be ones we ocasionally see anyways and then people will still be playing a couple of high tier chars till MK10. Will we have Kano, Noob, Subzero, Stryker back? Nightwolf? Sindel? What about Jade?
Probably someone has already posted something along these lines, but whatever.

Although it may be not solely about characters, but I mean, what impact will be had practically?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Doing something about Kabal won't change much. Sure, we'll see other characters closer to finals, but those will be ones we ocasionally see anyways and then people will still be playing a couple of high tier chars till MK10. Will we have Kano, Noob, Subzero, Stryker back? Nightwolf? Sindel? What about Jade?
Probably someone has already posted something along these lines, but whatever.

Although it may be not solely about characters, but I mean, what impact will be had practically?
Thats simple, impact gonna be like this: people who main now Kabal just gonna switch to Bird Lao / Cyrax / Kenshi / Sonya / Kitana and thats it. Everybody else just gonna play the same character they're playing now.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Thats simple, impact gonna be like this: people who main now Kabal just gonna switch to Bird Lao / Cyrax / Kenshi / Sonya / Kitana and thats it. Everybody else just gonna play the same character they're playing now.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of, regardelss if there is a possibility of deeper consequences of such a decision or not.

Kabal=sf2t Akuma.

You're certainly right about Kabal forcing his game on the opponent most of the times (not all the time and not against all characters), but so do for example Kung Lao or Injustice Scorpion. Does that make them bannable or broken: latest deal with Inj Scorp showcased the answer pretty clearly. As for constant Kabal upplaying with rediculous statements like it's "easier to use Kabal than Kenshi" or "no even muchups and every other is 7-3 or worse": those are opinionated, arbitrary and plainly ridiculous statements.
Nice try, PL, nice try: using misinformation, rigged one sided arguments and covering everything with the "care about the game".
1) name one character that makes kabal play their game. you're wrong about lao, kabal still just gas blasts. the only difference is that he has to punish teleport, which he has 31 frames to react to. it's like smoke, he cant gas blast, but he can ndc smoke to death for free and he still gets saw and can keep smoke in check with the occasional gas blast. otherwise he's still in autopilot and still wins every single matchup in the game. also, injustice scorp isnt kabal, not even close.
2) kabal actually doenst have a losing matchup or an even matchup. kung lao is AT BEST debatable(5.5-4.5 kabal), but the fact that he still has to do a lot more work to get anything done makes it, by definition, a losing matchup. Name one matchup that isnt a losing battle against kabal
3) there isnt another character in the game like that.
Also, kenshi has losing matchups and a lot of 5-5s (loses to lao, freddy, smoke (debatable), and kabal, goes even with sonya (debatable), noob, scorp (debatable), cyrax, reptile, skarlet)

all you have said is that he's using misinformation, but you havent said what.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Also, kenshi has losing matchups and a lot of 5-5s (loses to lao, freddy, smoke (debatable), and kabal, goes even with sonya (debatable), noob, scorp (debatable), cyrax, reptile, skarlet)
Agree on the whole Kabal point. Strongly disagree on Kenshi matchups.

There is no way that Scorpion, Sonya and Noob is an even matchups for Kensh (he wrecks them, especially Noob and Scorpion). I would also argue about loosing MU. Smoke is even and i feel the same about Freddy (there isnt just so many people playing Freddy to the fullest potential). Agree with Lao and Kabal being worst / losing matchups for Kenshi (6 -4 and 6,5 - 3,5).

Can't we just ask for a patch that will nerf him with Cyrax and Kenshi and buff Kano Jade.......?
We would, but there is like 0,5% chance of next/last patch for MK9.

Agree on the whole Kabal point. Strongly disagree on Kenshi matchups.

There is no way that Scorpion, Sonya and Noob is an even matchups for Kensh (he wrecks them, especially Noob and Scorpion). I would also argue about loosing MU. Smoke is even and i feel the same about Freddy (there isnt just so many people playing Freddy to the fullest potential). Agree with Lao and Kabal being worst / losing matchups for Kenshi (6 -4 and 6,5 - 3,5).

We would, but there is like 0,5% chance of next/last patch for MK9.
freddy's a better zoner and you cant reflect his groundspike. he has better footsies. you're right that noone has explored his true potential because everyone has been on the kenshi bandwagon. noob is pretty bad, you probably just havent played a good noob. sonya has options when she's in, but i agree that she loses 5.5-4.5. scorp is just what people say, i havent played the matchup. the fact that you have to chase smoke and dont get very good options when you're in has me convinced it's a losing match

Immortal

Blind justice....
freddy's a better zoner and you cant reflect his groundspike. he has better footsies. you're right that noone has explored his true potential because everyone has been on the kenshi bandwagon. noob is pretty bad, you probably just havent played a good noob. sonya has options when she's in, but i agree that she loses 5.5-4.5. scorp is just what people say, i havent played the matchup. the fact that you have to chase smoke and dont get very good options when you're in has me convinced it's a losing match
We agree about Freddy. I don't see how Noob can be a problem. Actually i played Madzin Noob and i hardly doubt there is anyone better with him. Noob can be a pain online but offline no way. Scorpion is high risk based character, patient Kenshi wrecks him all day long. I wont argue about Smoke since i didn't play best Smoke players offline. Thou i feel that when you get in, Smoke has even less options then Kenshi.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I used to think Lao wins 6-4, but after playing Pboard and Seven and after talking for a while, it could be a possible 5-5. Pboard thinks Ermac wins 6-4. You literally can't teleport in this matchup at all, if you delay the tele3 or instant tele3 Ermac can uppercut to do a 50% combo every single time. Ermac controls alot of space with telepush and lift. Ermac punishes hard every mistake you make. It's tougher than you would think lol
And when Metzos was saying it ppl were laughing. one more matchup he was right about.