What's new

Ice parry stuffing wake up is gone :(

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I liked using CSZ against wakeup happy fighters (NW, JC, Kano, ect.)

But after the patch I feel like its gone. Which is lame, it was such a good tool.

Also I think it was an accedent. I think NRS made it to where you cant be hit out of a good wake-up but can still be punished, which is what ice parrying wake ups did. And now I feel like its harder to fight wake-up happy fighters IMO.

What do my fellow CSZ players do now?

Just duck NW's shoulder, when you know a JC is gonna do a flipkick just dash once back and uppercut him,

when you can't do something anymore, you must find something new.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Just duck NW's shoulder, when you know a JC is gonna do a flipkick just dash once back and uppercut him,

when you can't do something anymore, you must find something new.
Thank you for this, I had no idea you could punish JC flip kick.

I think you should be able to parry wake-ups like befor. I dont think thats what NRS was going for. I dont know why they would take that out, because it is punishing it and making them respect it on wake-up.

Oh well, ill find ways to punish the things I used to parry on wake up. I think the only one I didnt know how to punish was flip kick, but now I do, thanks.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
The parry is pathetic, its the most annoying move in the game & I think it should be removed altogether. Hes got enough weapons in his arsenal without ppl spamming & hiding behind this. Kratos & Lui Kang have them aswell fs, nothing worse than fighting these 3 characters.

Salty? Yes I am.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The parry is pathetic, its the most annoying move in the game & I think it should be removed altogether. Hes got enough weapons in his arsenal without ppl spamming & hiding behind this. Kratos & Lui Kang have them aswell fs, nothing worse than fighting these 3 characters.

Salty? Yes I am.
His bombs are ass, and so is his freeze ball. Are they used? Yes. If you can't beat a parry spammer I don't know what to say besides you deserve to lose. Sweep kick all day, use low pokes. Your goal especially against kratos is to make him fear using the parry. Do neutral jump ins, mix your shit up. At the end of the day the parry isn't as good as its made out to be and its supposedly getting worse.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
His bombs are ass, and so is his freeze ball. Are they used? Yes. If you can't beat a parry spammer I don't know what to say besides you deserve to lose. Sweep kick all day, use low pokes. Your goal especially against kratos is to make him fear using the parry. Do neutral jump ins, mix your shit up. At the end of the day the parry isn't as good as its made out to be and its supposedly getting worse.
Your saying what I already know & I don't lose to these ppl all the time but it is annoying none the less. When some1 is pressuring me, I have to block low or high then poke poke to get out of the pressure, while all they have to do is parry, then cancel the parry into a 30%+ combo.

Your saying what I already know & I don't lose to these ppl all the time but it is annoying none the less. When some1 is pressuring me, I have to block low or high then poke poke to get out of the pressure, while all they have to do is parry, then cancel the parry into a 30%+ combo.
You're just confusing me more every post.

how do you cancel a parry?

you mean exparry which will freeze you instead of taking 8% from regular parry? just poke between your blockstrings. Cyber sub is terrible at poking therefor he has a parry that can be hit out of with low attacks.

SpyderJ

Noob
You're just confusing me more every post.
The guy is overly salty and sucks at explaining shit, then turns to insulting others as a result to his not explaining stuff properly. He probably meant the Enh parry from CSZ which grants a combo and of course costs a bar of meter. Still, ive never personaly had any problem with parry's seeing as how it can be poked out by so many things.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
how do you cancel a parry?

you mean exparry which will freeze you instead of taking 8% from regular parry? just poke between your blockstrings. Cyber sub is terrible at poking therefor he has a parry that can be hit out of with low attacks.
Ahrite Ex parry, gotcha now. I know he can be attacked low when in the 'parry state'. I just think in the wrong hands its way over used & makes the fight a dull fight.

That being said, i've met some brilliant CSZ players & lost badly, so its not about me losing, its just about spamming the parry, some CSZ don't even block, its just 'parry' all day long & whether I win by attacking low constantly for 2 rounds, its still a boring fight.

Cheers for clearing the EX parry up, I never new that.

Altaire

Noob

Salty? Yes I am.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: A smart player will only eat four or five parries at MOST in one set, less if they're actively scouting it the entire time. What's four times eight, son? Five times eight, even? That's a maximum of 40 percent, between both rounds. This is a lot of damage if your opponent is using the EX parry, but that's also a huge risk on his part. He can waste one meter for that full combo punish, eat a D3 or D4, and get nothing for it. If your opponent is successfully parrying you more than this handful of times, guess what, that's your own damn fault. Step up your game, stop being predictable, make better reads. Don't blame the game or any of the characters in it for your own shortcomings.

Here's a thought: If you expect your opponent to use the parry as you're dashing in, poke him out of it. If you expect him to use it as an anti-air, do a naked jump-in and hit him when you land instead, for a full combo punish. The parry is so easy to scout, and more often than not, it's a much bigger risk for Cyber Sub than it is for his opponent.

Somehow, I get the impression that you have a lot in common with the kid I ran into online who kept doing Nightwolf's wakeup shoulder into the parry until it finally killed him.

I'm actually a bit surprised you can't parry invincible things, that wouldn't be out of the question to me, especially since CSZ strikes me as someone (originally) designed around his oki game.

Does anyone know if JC can't parry wakeups now then?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: A smart player will only eat four or five parries at MOST in one set, less if they're actively scouting it the entire time. What's four times eight, son? Five times eight, even? That's a maximum of 40 percent, between both rounds. This is a lot of damage if your opponent is using the EX parry, but that's also a huge risk on his part. He can waste one meter for that full combo punish, eat a D3 or D4, and get nothing for it. If your opponent is successfully parrying you more than this handful of times, guess what, that's your own damn fault. Step up your game, stop being predictable, make better reads. Don't blame the game or any of the characters in it for your own shortcomings.

Here's a thought: If you expect your opponent to use the parry as you're dashing in, poke him out of it. If you expect him to use it as an anti-air, do a naked jump-in and hit him when you land instead, for a full combo punish. The parry is so easy to scout, and more often than not, it's a much bigger risk for Cyber Sub than it is for his opponent.

Somehow, I get the impression that you have a lot in common with the kid I ran into online who kept doing Nightwolf's wakeup shoulder into the parry until it finally killed him.
Thats what the post is about, you cant parry shoulder, but you can still duck it (then uppercut it I think)

But im guessing that this match was on PS3? Because this is no longer possible to do after patch.

But who cares, we'll adapt.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I'm actually a bit surprised you can't parry invincible things, that wouldn't be out of the question to me, especially since CSZ strikes me as someone (originally) designed around his oki game.

Does anyone know if JC can't parry wakeups now then?
I think I read somewhere that JC has the invincible property thing Tom Brady was talking about on his parry, so I belive his parry xray works against invincible moves.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Tom Brady said:
The parry wasn't nerfed vs wake up attacks, the wake up attack was fixed to function pro
perly. Invincible wake up attack, what does invincible mean? I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean loses to parry attacks.

Csz would need a special properity assigned to his parry to beat invincible attacks which probably won't happen.

Anyway, for the record.. your parry wasn't nerfed vs wake up, wake up attacks were fixed to functio[COMMENT][/COMMENT]n properly.[H][/H]
I was just saying... well ill just give an example, I understand that the "invincible" wake ups can still be punished, but moves like flip kick, shoulder, upball ect. were very hard to if inot impossible to punish, and I feel like thats exactly what the parry was doing, punishing them.

But like I said, we'll make new strategies for wake up happy fighters, so no big deal.

Altaire

Noob
Thats what the post is about, you cant parry shoulder, but you can still duck it (then uppercut it I think)

But im guessing that this match was on PS3? Because this is no longer possible to do after patch.

But who cares, we'll adapt.
No, this was months and months ago, on the 360.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling

Im not a complete noob, so everytime I attack I just don't walk into an ice parry. Anyway, im just bored with the ice parry, I get close to some1 (even if im not attacking) & what do they do, they go into the parry, I slide or low poke them out of it, get close again & yes you've guessed it, parry again. Even tho I can punish it with pokes, its still dull to play against constantly.

Im probably coming across as a sore loser here, but its honestly not the case.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ILL provide a lot more on this later but first and foremost.

THE PARRY is not bad

you can still parry mid string on all the strings in my video

More on this soon

"Invincible wake up attack, what does invincible mean? I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean loses to parry attacks."

Uh, actually that *is* what it means in almost every other FG I've seen. That said, I don't mind it in this specific case.

"Invincible wake up attack, what does invincible mean? I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean loses to parry attacks."

Uh, actually that *is* what it means in almost every other FG I've seen. That said, I don't mind it in this specific case.
Actually in almost every other FG, a parry will work regardless of invincible properties.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
ILL provide a lot more on this later but first and foremost.

THE PARRY is not bad

you can still parry mid string on all the strings in my video

More on this soon
I am with you 100% on this. I dont think its bad, I was just wondering why it cant parry wake-ups now because I feel like it was punishing the wake up befor, and I didnt think it wasnt supposed to be doing that.

And there are defenitly diffrent ways for us to punish these wake-ups, there were just a few charecters I was used to parrying their wake-ups qith parry and it screwed with me a little.

The real reason I made this is because I felt like it should punish wake-up attacks because I felt like thats what it was doing.

But I dont think its a really big deal, I was just curious why it cant stuff a wake-up now if befor it was punishng the wake-up.

I guess I should have made that more clear.

Also Yeah I don't see how some people think the ice parry is bad. Thats some bs.