What's new

Video/Tutorial - Grandmaster Ice Clone does not function right part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
another thread about fixing glitch ended up as a bickering and arguing because, some people just want to maintain the glitch of a certain variation of a certain character,, geez people really hate sub that much, they spend their time arguing like crazy instead of leveling up,,
I'm sorry not everyone agrees with you about how supposedly horrible a state your clone is in. However I do agree that leveling up definitely needs to be done, and that completely includes the whiny sz community.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I fail to see how wanting an obvious issue fixed (and labbing to produce as much evidence as possible) is whining, but okay.
Is it an obvious issue? If clone stuffs 95% of a character's moves, but they can find one string or special with a hitbox that can touch sz standing right behind a clone, then does it mean that clone is broken, severely hampered, woefully underpowered, etc?

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Very well fix the clone, by over writing it's priority while it's actually out on the field. By making it out prioritize attacks that come into contact with it. But in exchange fix it's hitbox to stop being weird and finicky. Some moments the clone will touch a character who's visibly not even touching it. My example used with be him against Scorpion in the corner.

Nothing of Scorpion actually touches the Ice Clone and he is frozen, I don't even get an attempt at doing a jump kick to possibly avoid it. So fix that as well. :DOGE

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Exactly. You just contradicted your own point. Jacqui's issues were not fixed by changing every character in the game, but by changing Jacqui. So why would they change every character in the game to fix Sub Zero's issues instead of just fixing Sub Zero?

Edit: Oh okay, so apparently I don't understand the game because I wasn't aware of a Mileena issue lol
No I didn't contradict my own point. Change jacqui so she can actually hit people != change clone so it catches more things. One is an actual fix. The other is a buff to how sub zero is played.

No you dont understand the game in general because you come here wanting "clone fixed" yet don't care what that actually means. Just fix fix fix. Yo even dared to ask why would a dev do something harder to fix a problem . .

I'm convinced he's a troll. Nobody can actually have their head that far up their own ass.
I've yet to see you actually raise a counter arguement for anything besides saying "I want clone fixed"

I fail to see how wanting an obvious issue fixed (and labbing to produce as much evidence as possible) is whining, but okay.
No one is labbing anything. You found a counter to a move using one move. Thats the basics to fighting games. Has anyone gone into the corner with raiden and seen whats actually going on? Or tested it with the multitude of other things in the game?
Whining that a character can poke you out instead of seeing if you could counter it is exactly why the sub community are hypocrites. Mad that clone got nerfed because of lazy complainers yet you lose a slight advantage only in certain situations and it needs fixing. . .

Tom came with a vid showing an interesting interaction and claimed it was a glitch. I actually labbed and showed it's a matter of how the game computes hitbox and hurtbox. Who else has done that besides rvb and I think zeze. And their videos is just Tom's. So I have effectively done more "labbing" than the whole sub zero community on this whole subject. Come on!!!

Is it an obvious issue? If clone stuffs 95% of a character's moves, but they can find one string or special with a hitbox that can touch sz standing right behind a clone, then does it mean that clone is broken, severely hampered, woefully underpowered, etc?
Don't bother. Any question that might poke holes in their irrational thinking is met with more repetitive irrational claims that won't answer or even acknowledge it.

They don't want to see this as anything else besides a "fix". A "fix" that they don't care how it affects the game. Can't wait to see what the rebuttal is this time.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Very well fix the clone, by over writing it's priority while it's actually out on the field. By making it out prioritize attacks that come into contact with it. But in exchange fix it's hitbox to stop being weird and finicky. Some moments the clone will touch a character who's visibly not even touching it. My example used with be him against Scorpion in the corner.

Nothing of Scorpion actually touches the Ice Clone and he is frozen, I don't even get an attempt at doing a jump kick to possibly avoid it. So fix that as well. :DOGE
Couple of things.

1) making clone take priority over sub zero negates the original nerf since now sub can stay inside clone and not worry about blocking. Also this would majorly change matchups most likely into his favor.

2) that video is just more of what im talking about. Whatever way nrs does hurtboxes is causing that. Scorp's hurtbox probably extends to where his feet would be in a complete rotation of the jump.

Once again this doesn't have to a be a "make clone hit more" thing. It could be a make "hurtboxes more closer" thing. Or it's fine as is but no one here as yet to prove any of those. I have proven right now with what we know NRS porbably wants it to work this way. Because they had to see how the boxes add up and code in sub zero's priority over clone. Thats my theory on it.

BloodyNights

Couple of things.

1) making clone take priority over sub zero negates the original nerf since now sub can stay inside clone and not worry about blocking. Also this would majorly change matchups most likely into his favor.

2) that video is just more of what im talking about. Whatever way nrs does hurtboxes is causing that. Scorp's hurtbox probably extends to where his feet would be in a complete rotation of the jump.

Once again this doesn't have to a be a "make clone hit more" thing. It could be a make "hurtboxes more closer" thing. Or it's fine as is but no one here as yet to prove any of those. I have proven right now with what we know NRS porbably wants it to work this way. Because they had to see how the boxes add up and code in sub zero's priority over clone. Thats my theory on it.
But But...NRS has to "fix" the clone! And when they do they will take care of all the technical work, and make it so the Clone has a proper visible hitbox always, so you won't have to worry about overlapping hurtboxes, and phantom hurtboxes and random nonsense. :D Also they will make it like MK9's clone because people like to compare it to that so it will be super vulnerable during it's main start up by meterless attacks.

mods... CLOSE THIS THREAD. Its not fixing anything and SZ will prob end up worse off. allow me to do more research then revisit the issue with a better understanding and an actual solution.

thanks

Kilz88

Noob
@Tom Brady I am happy you have decided to address this but I hope you knew of this interaction prior to my post a few days ago on one of the other threads. Not that I care that much but if I was the one to bring it your attention, I would hope you would at least acknowledge that fact. In a lot of your videos and on your stream you seem to talk down to other Sub players like we are not working as hard as you to learn everything about him/the game or that we "don't understand our character". On stream the other day you were yelling about a Sub-Zero player who had specifically worked on the mirror like it was a bad thing? Yes focus on the stronger characters is good but I think we can agree that Sub is a strong character and being able to win the mirror has value. As you have clearly noticed, a lot of people play him. That all said, he took multiple games in the fifteen minutes I watched. Maybe you need to work on the mirror?

So as someone who has also played him forever, long before even MK9, I would just like to see you show us the same respect we show you. We all want him to be a competitive character and the game as a whole to be balanced. We are on the same team dude.

To NRS, please fix this. Clone is not working as intended. If you touch clone, without armor, you are frozen. It is as simple as that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
NRS needs a community manager like ComboFiend from Capcom games. There are too many issues in this game for Paulo to answer to, so to have a guy that will actually listen and read, acknowledge they read said thing, and try to get a reply from the devs would be great at this point.

I'll say it again: Klone's nerf may of came with unintended consequences. Maybe they'll get fixed. for Sub mains I hope it does. But I wouldn't ignore the hitbox/hurtbox discussion either. Every time I see that Superman shit I chuckle. So bad...

Seems like there's gonna be more to discuss for NRS's next game than how bad the netcode was. If I were you I'd start the lobbying now. :DOGE
ComboFiend doesn't maintain anywhere near the levels of interactive activity Paulo does.

I'm 100% sure he regularly browses TYM and reads most of the threads and decides on his own what's to happen. And that's actually pretty lucky for us to have because no matter what the community thinks, he has a mind of his own and can decide for himself.

@Tom Brady I am happy you have decided to address this but I hope you knew of this interaction prior to my post a few days ago on one of the other threads. Not that I care that much but if I was the one to bring it your attention, I would hope you would at least acknowledge that fact. In a lot of your videos and on your stream you seem to talk down to other Sub players like we are not working as hard as you to learn everything about him/the game or that we "don't understand our character". On stream the other day you were yelling about a Sub-Zero player who had specifically worked on the mirror like it was a bad thing? Yes focus on the stronger characters is good but I think we can agree that Sub is a strong character and being able to win the mirror has value. As you have clearly noticed, a lot of people play him. That all said, he took multiple games in the fifteen minutes I watched. Maybe you need to work on the mirror?

So as someone who has also played him forever, long before even MK9, I would just like to see you show us the same respect we show you. We all want him to be a competitive character and the game as a whole to be balanced. We are on the same team dude.

To NRS, please fix this. Clone is not working as intended. If you touch clone, without armor, you are frozen. It is as simple as that.

Me winning 10-5 or 10-6 (i forget) doesnt warrant "maybe you need to work on the mirror" comments especially since I am yet to a set in the mirror. I actually play the mirror quite frequently. Also, I do not talk down to SZ players and I watch them all because there is always something I can pick up. I made that comment because I had played 99999999999999999999999 mirrors that day and I was just being a little bitch abut it. I did complement the guy and said he had improved drastically.

BTW... The Raiden issue has been well known since launch.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
But But...NRS has to "fix" the clone! And when they do they will take care of all the technical work, and make it so the Clone has a proper visible hitbox always, so you won't have to worry about overlapping hurtboxes, and phantom hurtboxes and random nonsense. :D Also they will make it like MK9's clone because people like to compare it to that so it will be super vulnerable during it's main start up by meterless attacks.
Ha . . i think? That last part does seem like that would hurt the Sub matchup greatly but give the people what they want and blind hope NRS does every possible thing because you didnt!!!!

mods... CLOSE THIS THREAD. Its not fixing anything and SZ will prob end up worse off. allow me to do more research then revisit the issue with a better understanding and an actual solution.

thanks
Why just close the thread? Why is it that if your post isn't met with blind agreement it's a problem?

BloodyNights

Ha . . i think? That last part does seem like that would hurt the Sub matchup greatly but give the people what they want and blind hope NRS does every possible thing because you didnt!!!!

Why just close the thread? Why is it that if your post isn't met with blind agreement it's a problem?
Looks like he just wants more time to research the issue. Also I was just teasing, even I don't want his clone to be on MK9's level, he'd drop probably lower mid tier if that happened. However, if they are going to address the clone, they'd have to do extensive testing, so it effects the areas that are hurtful to Sub, and also helpful to sub so it will be more balanced. The clone is a double edged sword. That has to be handled with extreme care, other wise it will not only cut it's enemies, but the wielder as well! Cuz I'm kryptic like dat.

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
Why is this still being argued or debated?

1.) What is the purpose of Ice Clone? To freeze an enemy who touches it.

2.) If someone who touches the clone is not frozen, is that okay? Not one bit.

3.) Do people need to learn how to fight against sub instead of wanting him to stay broken? You bet yer sweet cheeks.

Guys. Whether or not it's a hurtbox/hitbox issue is irrelevant. The Ice Clone is not doing it's job and that needs to be fixed. No sub buffs. No sub nerfs. No Raiden/Goldberg doing Spears through it. Just make it work as it's intended to work and end these stupid discussions.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't another example of the Klone not functioning properly seen in the match between DJT and Tom Brady where DJT was poking through the Klone with his d4 and not getting frozen? Could have sworn I saw that happen repeatedly

BloodyNights

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't another example of the Klone not functioning properly seen in the match between DJT and Tom Brady where DJT was poking through the Klone with his d4 and not getting frozen? Could have sworn I saw that happen repeatedly
was DJT Johnny Cage? Johnny's low attack avoids tons and tons and tons of attacks. It's actually pretty ridiculous all that it avoids. So it's not surprising that it can even go though clone.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
no.. the issue needs more research.
I agree but why shut the thread down? Ever since i posted my vid that's all i've been saying. I don't know if its better for the forum to have another thread but maybe you could just make this one about figuring out how detrimental or trivial the things are that go through clone. It's your thread do as you wish I just figured i found out some important information and figured to share and see what else you sub mains came up with.

EDIT: I didnt want this response to come off as if i was hounding Tom. I am glad he brought up what was happening. I was just stating what i thought could happen with the thread. I don't really know the "etiquette" of forums like that.

Why is this still being argued or debated?

1.) What is the purpose of Ice Clone? To freeze an enemy who touches it.

2.) If someone who touches the clone is not frozen, is that okay? Not one bit.

3.) Do people need to learn how to fight against sub instead of wanting him to stay broken? You bet yer sweet cheeks.

Guys. Whether or not it's a hurtbox/hitbox issue is irrelevant. The Ice Clone is not doing it's job and that needs to be fixed. No sub buffs. No sub nerfs. No Raiden/Goldberg doing Spears through it. Just make it work as it's intended to work and end these stupid discussions.
Here's a question. Could it be that NRS designed it to interact the way it does? They made hurtboxes smaller and saw the effect it had on clone and kept it? I don't get how people need to learn to fight against sub yet tech comes showing you can reach sub zero if it stands close to it and that just has to go away.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Looks like he just wants more time to research the issue. Also I was just teasing, even I don't want his clone to be on MK9's level, he'd drop probably lower mid tier if that happened. However, if they are going to address the clone, they'd have to do extensive testing, so it effects the areas that are hurtful to Sub, and also helpful to sub so it will be more balanced. The clone is a double edged sword. That has to be handled with extreme care, other wise it will not only cut it's enemies, but the wielder as well! Cuz I'm kryptic like dat.
I completely agree and am glad that he brought this up. I just figured the thread could go in a different direction. No way he'd drop to lower mid tier the way everyone keeps bringing it up. Any change they do that would affect this would require extensive testing. Whether that be changing other normals and specials or solely dealing with Clone. Thanks for at least talking about this and using actual points.

Status
Not open for further replies.