What's new

I would like early patches to be about improving unused gear moves

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I am pleasantly surprised with how initial balance turned out on MK11 but I feel like that balance has come at the cost of the gear system; a lot of characters have optional gear moves or just entire preset variations that are simply bad, because said gear moves are either redundant or are weak due to bad frame data/poor risk-reward. On the other hand some gear moves might as well be base moves because they're mandatory anyway, like Kahn Cut. The selected tournament variations in particular don't feel well-thought for a lot of characters and are more like just throwing random moves and hoping it works.

To put it simply, I think balance between the roster is good, but the balance for individual gear moves is not.

I don't know enough about this game at high level to definitively say if any character needs a universal nerf but I am pretty certain that even the best characters in the game right now have optional moves they don't look at a second time. I would like early MK11 patch to be about improving the fun of the game and making the custom moves more useful/better. We can balance around tier lists later, but I would like the gear system to be properly realized since that is the biggest draw of the game.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Wrong site for this...go on twitter @ talk to WBGAMESSUPPORT Or something like that...this forum is very tournament focused.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think they will do that, to some degree. Several (not many though) gear abilities from Injustice 2 were rebalanced around even though they had no hope of ever being in tournament.

Ya, there are characters like Scorpion and Liu Kang where you're somewhat annoyed that you can only use three of their abilities and then there are others like Kung Lao where you can be hard pressed to find three slots which you'd actually use. I think a universal walkthrough of everything that's available would be a good idea by the devs and put in more viable options across the board.

They need to go through the preset variations and change a lot of them radically to make them less gimpy and limited, but the custom variation system is the heart of the game and they need to ensure that they don't ignore that while they're doing the former.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Sry, I thought this is where the best go to talk shit about "the rest"...also not sure if this is a troll post...btw...not u i mean op.
It attracts more serious players but casuals are certainly welcome. Discussions like OP has started happen all the time.