What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

Chengler

Milky Holmes
People do combos with doomsday? I just ride them to the corner and cheese the downpoke into earthshake

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I cannot get the EXDF2 in that combo to come out successfully consistently.

I even turned negative edge off(though sometimes it still does some negative edge shit) and I cant get it. It won't come out or it won't EX, sometimes it even gives me a super even though I don't press L2 + R2, and I know I don't because the command feed doesn't list it.

---

The combos are for the corner, after you ride them there.

---

Anyone else in love with his back + 3? That thing has a huge hitbox and seems faster than most, anticipating wake-up in the corner with the meterburned/armored version is like an almost free transition, a one bar super.

Haven't done much in the transition department...

Also.. Yeah Doomsday has combos... I'm pretty sure the way you play him (Chengler) is probably unsafe, and wreckless. I'd recommend researching some combos and options.

For you to get that combo to work, hold (3) and then do EXDF2. I do a shoryuken input when I'm on the left side of things, it works everytime, at least for me lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Gonna have to try that when I get home.

I can't believe how stupid people are online.

I put on armor and wait for them to hit me/start an unsafe string,

Then BOOM, put their ass through the Earf, twice.

How are you guys ending your combos after MBdf2? I've just been doing the anti-air grab right after but I feel like I could do more.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
I think the best combos so far after df2 MB is d2 b3 (late jump in 3) 23 xx Shoulder or Earth Shake

Personally I like to end in Shoulder for the wall carry and Special Power since they already getting knocked down

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I think the best combos so far after df2 MB is d2 b3 (late jump in 3) 23 xx Shoulder or Earth Shake

Personally I like to end in Shoulder for the wall carry and Special Power since they already getting knocked down
D2 (every D2 in fact) scales damage badly, even if it lets you squeeze in a b3 in there. Doing ES MB, 23d+1 xx Venom yields the same damage overall.

Without a JIP the shorter combo does 2-3% less damage, but with a JIP the shorter combo only does 1% less. I would go for consistency in this particular case, since dropping the b3 is likely if you don't have the timming down to perfection.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
How are you guys ending your combos after MBdf2? I've just been doing the anti-air grab right after but I feel like I could do more.
I do 3 again into regular df2.

As in 1,2,3, 3 xx MBdf2, 3 xx df2

34%-35% damage.

I finish with anti-air grab instead of df2 if I feel like being a little more stylish.

b231's timing is too strict for online so I never do it unless i'm fighting someone with a good connection.

---

Doomsday has the Zangief effect, which I love, him walking towards you inspires fear and panic, people will run away right into the corner where you want them to be, if they manage to get there and start zoning you all you need to do is EX shoulder drop/activate trait.

This is also good for easy stage transitions.

I'm telling you, after hard knockdown in the corner just walk into the downed oppenent for a quick second and they always seem to instinctively try and do a wake up attack.

Hit their asses with an armored back + 3.

A very easy read and I almost never guess wrong.

They cant even jump it because the vertical hitbox on Doomday's wallbounce is way bigger than it looks.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
so what the heck do you guys do after having your cross up body splash blocked?
Fuckin doom feels like he's at a negative frame advantage, my opponents always hit buttons and it ALWAYS hits me out of what ever I try to do...

Body splash is great on hit but feels semi useless on block
i'm kinda really pissed at this... does he have other moves to use instead?

Brahma

Noob
In the corner, 123, 3 EXDF2, 23d1 df3 for 36% and consistent. No meter is 123, d2, 23d1 df3for 27%.

Body splash is supposedly -8 on block, according to the in game frame data, which would mean some characters should be able to punish it. Don't know if frame data is variable with jump height though.

How do you guys use his trait, I forget about it in a lot of matchups.

REYTHEGREAT

so what the heck do you guys do after having your cross up body splash blocked?
Fuckin doom feels like he's at a negative frame advantage, my opponents always hit buttons and it ALWAYS hits me out of what ever I try to do...

Body splash is great on hit but feels semi useless on block
i'm kinda really pissed at this... does he have other moves to use instead?
one thing i have noticed, after a body splash or any jump punch, if you do not hit the next command correctly they will not register. example.

body splash, 113..if u do this correct it will register as 4 hits. but if u do it wrong the splash will get blocked and since its wrong u will get poked out. i cant explain it correctly. i tried lol. go to training mode and set the AI to do a fast reversal attack. do the splash and see what you are not connecting.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
one thing i have noticed, after a body splash or any jump punch, if you do not hit the next command correctly they will not register. example.

body splash, 113..if u do this correct it will register as 4 hits. but if u do it wrong the splash will get blocked and since its wrong u will get poked out. i cant explain it correctly. i tried lol. go to training mode and set the AI to do a fast reversal attack. do the splash and see what you are not connecting.
Nope very confused...
You're telling me that depending on the timing of subsequent attacks.. it will determine whether or not the Splash will connect?

I'm very confused...

REYTHEGREAT

Nope very confused...
You're telling me that depending on the timing of subsequent attacks.. it will determine whether or not the Splash will connect?

I'm very confused...
let me try again. if the splash is blocked and you hit 113 perfect timing they cannot hit you out if it. but if the splash is blocked and they are mashing buttons and you missed by a hair the first hit of his 113, you will get poked out. makes sense?

try it on training with Flash Flying uppercut as a reversal.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Ah! very fascinating
you're telling me that the body splash and the subsequent chain 112 are two puzzle pieces that fit together
that with correct timing, there is no gap between in which the opponent can mash???

Training mode time
thank you!

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
WOW... I see it now.
I play street fighter and in that game, cross ups into subsequent normals are simply timed when the character comes down and aren't needed to be inputted preemptively or AS the jump in connects...

I think this is HELLA important and somebody should fucking sticky this point in the Guide
it would have saved me ALOT of salt

safe to say, I think it's a stupid mechanic... extra unecessary timing for something that shouldn't be
but w/e i'm learning

How much Hit Stun does Doomsday take when using "Doom To All" character trait? Im in practice mode and after activating it I can combo after the AI/recording finishes a string and immediately tries to block. I assume thats what its intended for? This trait is amazing.

he staggers a bit from my experience... when I use his trait, I can't armor through stuff ala Sent' Marvel 2 style... but it does make their usually safe things, unsafe.

Brahma

Noob
It's important to note that his trait isn't armor. If an opponent hits you during your attack, you will be interrupted from your attack. However, you can't be knocked down or launched, and pushback is negated, and instead you only receive a small amount on hitstun, or if you're jumping you just drop straight to the ground. This means that characters with punishable or even safe launch strings can be hit by absorbing their attacks. For example, if you have your trait activated, and df3 and your opponent blocks you and punishes with a launch string , that string will not launch you, only give you a small amount of hitstun. Depending on the attack or string used, you may be able to punish them with 123 or at the least apply some pressure to them. Same with jumpins. Say you activate your trait then jump in for a splash, only to be hit be an AA special (say Green Lantern grab special AA thing). Instead of being hit up or knocked back, you simply drop to the ground in front of them, and if what you were hit by has a long cooldown, you can punish them.

A few general comments:

1. The correct timing to attack after the body splash is to press the button for the next attack during the body splash's hitstop. It's pretty silly since you're inputting a grounded normal while you're still in the air, but this appears to be how it works--inputting the grounded normal after you've landed won't combo. Judging by how the game calculates framedata, I'd wager that the -8 only applies if you don't "chain" into the grounded normal during the body splash's hitstop. If you input a 1 during that hitstop, it indeed appears to be gapless/safe as Rey mentioned.

2. You can Super cancel from d1. It's a pretty tough confirm, but doable. This also means the following works in the corner: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, d1, Super for 53%, which is the most damaging combo I could find for Doomsday without using interactables.

3. A strange property that seems to be on most moves (perhaps by design of the game engine?) is the ability to cancel the last few frames of their recovery animation into anything. Movement, normals, specials, whatever. That said, here are some BnBs and flashy combos. Hopefully they'll ignite some ideas:

Midscreen
jd3, 1, 2, 3, Venom. 27%.
ES MB, d2, b3, j3, 2, 3, Venom. 29%.
jd3, 3, ES MB, b3, j3, Air Snatch. 41%, 1 bar. You can add a d2 after the ES MB to make it slightly easier, but it will lower the total damage to 38%.
jd3, 3, ES MB, 3, bbMB, j3, 2, 3, Venom. 44%, 3 bars. Good corner carry.
jd3, 3, bbMB, ff, b just as opponent flies over you, 2, 2, 1+3. 34%, 2 bars. Kinda useless, but flashy, lol.
jd3, 3, ES MB, 3, bbMB, j3, Air Snatch MB. 46%, 4 bars.
jd3, f2, 3, Super. 47%, 4 bars. Highest midscreen I could find.

Corner
jd3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, d1, Supernova. 40%. Note: the d1 is a pretty tight link, if you're missing it input the second 1,2,3 string earlier.
jd3, 1, 2, 3, 3, ES MB, 2, 3, d1, Venom. 36%, 1 bar.
jd3, 1, 2, 3, 3, bbFB, Transition. The damage will slightly vary depending on the stage transition. ~45%, 2 bars.
jd3, 1, 2, 3, 3, ES MB, 3, bbMB (or ffMB), Transition. Flashy variant of the above. Note: even though the move you want to perform is bbMB, you may have to input it as ffMB since they're directly above you're head, causing input switching to act kinda screwy. ~48%, 3 bars.
jd3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, d1, Super. 53%, 4 bars.
jd3, 1, 2, 3, 3, Super. 49%, 4 bars. Easier variant of the above.

4. Baiting mashing/reversals/stupidity in the corner with MB b3 for a cheap transition sounds pretty neat, I'll have to remember to try it.

SoVi3t

Noob
you can use HCB MB instead of bbMB in any of those combos. Half circle's allow you to meter burn bounce cancel combos if the dashes get to be too annoying to pull of in combos.

SoVi3t

Noob
So bbMB can be performed with hcbMB instead? Good to know, I hate directional taps.
as do I. I was pleasantly thrilled when I realized you could just roll it

so if you want to wall bounce during a combo, you need two bars of meter and hcbMB, and if you want to ground bounce you need two bars of meter and hcfMB

the taps are just retarded

I have a combo vid encoding right now, it showcases doomsday through all stages (minus Joker A, and Nighttime Wayne Manor as there's no difference between Asylum and Daytime Manor) Using various intractables and various boucnes to do great damage. Some might be viewed as impractical, but personally I believe them to be practical. I'll post it asap. I was originally going to do it with a lot of characters, but it's a lot of work, and I don't have an HD recorder, I use an HD digital cam to record it all. I have various combo vids on my youtube, but it would be pointless to post the non-doomsday/injustice ones in here. Anyway, I'll post as soon as it's done. It'll help you guys out a lot, it'll show certain things you can do, and certain cheap corner situations, especially with unblockable thrown projectiles.