What's new

i turn to u reptile players

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
im pretty new with rep and i been messing around with some strings but i cant seem to get the njp after the 3,2,1 elbow wiff. i know for a fact IM DOING SOMETHING wrong. so any tips would be appreciated :(

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With the NJP, it's all just the timing. If nothing comes out, you are likely doing it too early. If it just misses, a little too late. Just keep practicing and eventually, you'll find the spot where you have to NJP. :)

Also, using the piano method for both punches gives you an extra input for the NJP, so use that too.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
With the NJP, it's all just the timing. If nothing comes out, you are likely doing it too early. If it just misses, a little too late. Just keep practicing and eventually, you'll find the spot where you have to NJP. :)

Also, using the piano method for both punches gives you an extra input for the NJP, so use that too.
What is this piano method you speak of?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In seriousness, it's an input technique mainly used by SF players, where they press all 3 punch or kick buttons one after another, in rapid succession from light to medium to hard, or the opposite. This gives them multiple inputs for a special, which is good for reversals in that game.

It's useful here, since NJP is done by hitting either punch button. Also, it's very doable on a pad, since it's just 2 buttons involved, in comparison to pianoing 3 in SF.

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
well i have a stick and im still new since this is my first ever serious fighter -.- i feel like im nemo swimming with the sharks lmao

yeah i thought it was impossible too when I first tried doing it but if you keep at it you'll eventually get it. piano method ended up working for me.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The way I learned the timing is by hitting the punch button when you're exactly next to the guy in mid-air you have like 1 or 2 frames to do so but it's fairly easy.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
To explain the best and eaisest way I can.

3,2,1-elbow dash-(as elbow dash is coming out hold up on the d-pad and then slide your thumb across 1-2.) It takes timing and practice but you will eventually get it.

When you're about to leave '2' in 3 2 1 be ready to press BF2 quickly after the 1. I've found out the NJP can whiff if you get the dash out a fraction of a second late. You need it out ASAP.

Is this combo consistent online? I mainly play online and am always curious if this is something to try to use consistently online.
Also is there a variation to this combo where instead of doing the NJP after the dash, you follow with 1 or 2 or something?

we need to have a sticky about the constant reptile njp questions that offers advice, or something
Is this combo consistent online? I mainly play online and am always curious if this is something to try to use consistently online.
Also is there a variation to this combo where instead of doing the NJP after the dash, you follow with 1 or 2 or something?
if you play online very often and you're used to the timing, it can be pretty consistent. you'll still wanna do your 1, 2, 2 xx acid ball 3, 2 xx acid ball 3, 2, 1 xx whatever combos on occasion though because they will always be more reliable

we need to have a sticky about the constant reptile njp questions that offers advice, or something

if you play online very often and you're used to the timing, it can be pretty consistent. you'll still wanna do your 1, 2, 2 xx acid ball 3, 2 xx acid ball 3, 2, 1 xx whatever combos on occasion though because they will always be more reliable
Sounds right.... I will have to work on that. Too bad the online timing can't be simulated in training mode haha.

sLeeK

Noob
The way I learned the timing is by hitting the punch button when you're exactly next to the guy in mid-air you have like 1 or 2 frames to do so but it's fairly easy.
It's fairly easy? You must be kidding. Not a noob friendly combo at all, takes a lot of practice.