What's new

I think I really need to say this...

im not sure what you mean but, thanks haha
I meant pretty much what Altaire said. Solidarity and discipline. I have yet to see the UK scene bickering and fighting, complaining , asking for nerfs buffs or any sort of that drama. You guys are true gentlemen. You guys have solid fundamentals and it shows in your streams, makes for very interesting matches to watch. Altaire is right about judging all of America in its entirety but I couldn't help it, Guess I have my scene to blame. Down here in Florida theres no sense of solidarity, the scene is awful. The Northern Florida people shit on the Central Florida people and the Central Florida people shit on the Southern Florida people. It's one huge shitting totem pole from North to South and South to North.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Ever wonder if there is a guy who doesn't participate in online forums or the community that sits at home beating the ever loving shit out of anyone he faces? Like a guy that doesn't care...just loves the game and levels up. I am waiting for the day that a newbie comes from no where and just absolutely cleans house, puts everyone in their place, and forces them to re-evaluate their self-concept.

Before some members go apeshit at that, No it was not directed at ANYONE in particular.

Why are New York players so dramatic? It's gay as fuck.
NYC is a very hectic place to live in and quite frankly, it drives people insane. I've been to NYC and the pace and people are nightmarish. People are always in a hurry to get nowhere and they'll run over an old lady if they have to, to get to their destination quicker. It's part of their culture to be overly aggressive and dramatic. I thought it was bad in Miami but Miami is a cakewalk next to New York. You can get shanked in New York for sneezing the wrong way! Im sure 10 dollar a pack smokes doesn't help the situation either........*sigh* A new york minute I tell ya.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Ever wonder if there is a guy who doesn't participate in online forums or the community that sits at home beating the ever loving shit out of anyone he faces? Like a guy that doesn't care...just loves the game and levels up. I am waiting for the day that a newbie comes from no where and just absolutely cleans house, puts everyone in their place, and forces them to re-evaluate their self-concept.

Before some members go apeshit at that, No it was not directed at ANYONE in particular.
you would think someone online would get somewhat recognized that way, but since leaderboards goes by number of wins not truskill or win/loss ratio, if there were, maybe then we could see someone like that.

Enenra

Go to hell.
People asked for ice beam ARMOR? Thats as stupid as armor on tele-push for Ermac. Jesus people get serious.

-________________________-
Actually, both those things prolly should happen. Both characters are largely regarded as mid/low tier

Altaire

Noob
Actually, both those things prolly should happen. Both characters are largely regarded as mid/low tier
...Armor on EX telepush should happen.

Think about that statement for a minute. Really think about that statement.

So was I, but I guess you didn't get it.
I got your point. I made my own point, on another tangent. Logic 101.

I meant pretty much what Altaire said. Solidarity and discipline. I have yet to see the UK scene bickering and fighting, complaining , asking for nerfs buffs or any sort of that drama. You guys are true gentlemen. You guys have solid fundamentals and it shows in your streams, makes for very interesting matches to watch. Altaire is right about judging all of America in its entirety but I couldn't help it, Guess I have my scene to blame. Down here in Florida theres no sense of solidarity, the scene is awful. The Northern Florida people shit on the Central Florida people and the Central Florida people shit on the Southern Florida people. It's one huge shitting totem pole from North to South and South to North.
That's understandable, but not every scene is like that. Arizona and NY, for instance, have very close-knit scenes. Florida may be a mess by your account (I honestly wouldn't know from personal experience and I don't have an opinion one way or another), but most other scenes have some degree of solidarity.

Enenra

Go to hell.
He is at 21 according to the bottom 5 project. Armor on EX telepush would jump him 20 places? I think it would make him much, much better but it wouldn't be any more broken than some of the dirt the top 8 have. And he is still using a bar. I'm open to you telling me why I am wrong, hopefully you will be nice... ;)

Altaire

Noob
He is at 21 according to the bottom 5 project. Armor on EX telepush would jump him 20 places? I think it would make him much, much better but it wouldn't be any more broken than some of the dirt the top 8 have. And he is still using a bar. I'm open to you telling me why I am wrong, hopefully you will be nice... ;)
I'd rather just say "Wait til Slips starts blowing kids up with Ermac."

That sort of proof is more like a long-term investment on my part.

dont you think this is kind of the same situation with PL, because people were curious to his progress with this game but he wouldnt show his progress, people blew him up. a lot of players didnt like the fact that he didnt show his skills with the game anymore and some people got mad.

Altaire

Noob
dont you think this is kind of the same situation with PL, because people were curious to his progress with this game but he wouldnt show his progress, people blew him up. a lot of players didnt like the fact that he didnt show his skills with the game anymore and some people got mad.
See, that's funny, because I remember talking to PL about that as early as November. He said "Good, let them think that." He could not have given less of a fuck if he tried.

Anyone who saw the Frosty Faustings stream knows why. Boy, I sure hope MK is streamed at MLG.

See, that's funny, because I remember talking to PL about that as early as November. He said "Good, let them think that." He could not have given less of a fuck if he tried.

Anyone who saw the Frosty Faustings stream knows why. Boy, I sure hope MK is streamed at MLG.
Yeah, but it clearly IS bothering cdjr. and yes his raiden was godlike

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
You guys are crazy, armor is bad enough on alot of moves but the ice beam and TKP, that would be so stupid

Sub already has slide armor which is annoying enough and ermac if anything need armor it is not the TKP

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The ONLY move Ermac has that armor wouldn't be complete overkill on is the EX Fireball/EX iAFB.
And even that's kind of pushing it, seeing as it's a legit as hell move to begin with, especially given the healthy hitboxes on the IAFB's. And Sub...Sub would've been better served by the Slide ducking projectiles or, more realistically and less broken-ly, the EX Kamehameha Freeze not going dead in mid-fire if he eats a projectile in the process. THAT would be a fair addition, but not necessary. Subby could use a helping hand, Ermac's fine the way he is, but more armor is the last thing either them or this game needs.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Looking at some of the discussions lately, I've become really frustrated with this community. I love you guys. You know that. But I'm sorry...everyone's been pampered too much. And to be frank, you guys need to step it up.

What do I mean by pampered? Let's look at some of the discussions going on. There was a topic as of late, discussing whether Cyrax should be banned because he can spend an entire bar and create an unbreakable combo for up to, what, 50%? We still have people wanting another hotfix to change the game because shit "looks awful" and because we still think some characters need to be buffed.

You know what I think? We need to stop being babies.

I know I can't talk about being around back when there were no patches, because I'll be honest, I wasn't. However, the first games I came to play and explore first were the classics that were still played not because they were always patched up until this day, but because they were fun games still evolving because people were still putting in the effort to evolve themselves as players. Admittedly, the first game I became serious about had no tournaments. MKA. By the end of its lifespan, I was up there as one of the top players...there's only a handful of players who know that game as far inside and out as I do...several of those players are huge and influential figures within our community right now. All of it was from hard work. Exploring the limits, evolving our play as time went on...we spent hours leveling up. And you know what? At no point did we ask for rebalances of the game. Because we couldn't...we were given the game and forced to either just keep playing and just learn, or give up.

I'm kinda disgusted at the mentality we have right now. Instead of grinding our asses off and playing this game we're given...I see a lot of complaining. There's a rumored hotfix supposed to be arriving, and some stuff will be fixed with it. I have a question.

What if this hotfix doesn't come?

I'm sorry, let me ask some more questions. What if we are stuck with Cyrax being able to strip half our life and be unable to do anything about it? What if Smoke is forever blessed with the ability to strip your entire lifebar anywhere on the screen? What if we are left with Jax's absurd corner game? What if Kabal can still spam the fuck out of us? What if Quan Chi remains capable of beating you because you played proper defense?

Pretty much, what if this version of the game is the final version we will get? What will all of you guys do? Are you going to stop playing because you can't handle the bullshit? Or are you going to level up?

Let me talk about another game really quick...my favorite Street Fighter, Alpha 2. Now, in this game, basically every character is capable of taking off anywhere from 40-60% of your life, you can't do a damn thing about it if they start the combo, and they can do it in a way where basically you're losing all this damage from a 0-frame low because there is a bug where you cannot block low if you are not already blocking low when the custom combo flash goes off...or they can just walk up to you and break your guard by activating the custom combo. This same game has a universal option that allows you to spend meter to counter an opponent while still blocking...note not every character has a strong counter of this type, while some can basically on reaction, nail you from basically sweep distance for 15% (Think Cage X-Ray), or can basically solve an entire lack of a traditional reversal by just spending a bar that they can easily fill back up. Other things include a command throw that can be set up to basically be impossible to avoid and you lose like 20% everytime it lands (Kinda like Cyrax could do pre-patch). This game has a load of bullshit in it. Still played to this day in tournaments, and is arguably the best game of the Alpha series. Yet, it is pretty fucking broke lol.

What I'm trying to say is that history tells us broken shit doesn't stop people from playing these games for a long time. You think games like SFII or Tekken are innocent angels? Fuck no. And you know what? The players had to deal with it all, or they pretty much wasted their money and had to wait at the back of the line. Be lucky you guys don't have to do that, lol...get randomly touched by Cyrax and there goes your quarter taken.

We shouldn't be worrying about this stuff, because it's possibly here to stay. What we should be worrying about is improving. The level of play for MK9 has really evolved since what, 9, 10 months ago? That said, we still have a lot of room for improvement. Admittedly, a lot of the play we see can be pretty sloppy, and not just on occasion, either. At this point, we should not be able to jump so freely, our reading should be a lot quicker and more on point, and our spacing should be better. We have our work cut out for us as players. Not to mention, a lot of people still don't have experience vs at least half the cast. A huge number of characters still haven't been explored to the extent that you've seen Kabal, Jax, Reptile, Kung Lao, Kitana, etc, explored.

We need to be putting in all our efforts to pull out the full potential of this game. If we can do that, can you imagine how much funner this game will become to play? Can you imagine how this game could potentially evolve so much further than it already has, to the point where maybe some of the shit we complain about isn't even really that big a deal anymore? It's happened for other games...why can't it happen here?

I say forget about how stupid things are. Right here, right now. Let's continue to break the fuck out of this game. Let's make the gameplay become deep as the fucking ocean.

Let's level up and quit the bitching.

^ I think we're forgetting why we're here so I thought I'd give a little reminder. Re-read his last statement.