What's new

Match Footage - Mileena I need Advice/Coaching

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Jax is a hard matchup. You needs more gimmicks to win, especially against such a good player
Jump on him, but never jump punch, do jump 4 instead. Try practicing the jump kick telekick combo (38% meterless ravenous), it usually catches people trying to anti air
Don't be afraid to throw d3, d4, B22, F23, F12B4 into high pounce. Then try to mix things up and not cancel them into high pounce next time, especially F12B4. A lot of people are afraid of high pounce/ex roll after the low hit and they block high, then you can d3 them for some advantage.
Try yolo roll after blocking his d3/d4. It can work wonderfully against such offensive player. When he respect your roll too much you'll have better time poking and using your normals
Don't ever use instant air sai, that shit has the worst recovery in the game and shouldn't be used at all. And finally try to do better combos for Ravenous that you feel most consistent
Edit: they buffed sai. SPAM IT. You can convert if air sai hits them in the air. One of the best projectile in the game now.

Last edited:

Dragon_killer85

Fresh Blood
Hey guys getting a lil better with Mileena but still work with her. First and foremost please to meet you guys and whatever provide me would greatly appreciated. I play with the piercing variation I want to know what's best moves for poking and a great oki tool. I also have to matches that I will post one I match I got slaughtered and the next one was meh. Anything you guys see that I need work with let me know.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Hey guys getting a lil better with Mileena but still work with her. First and foremost please to meet you guys and whatever provide me would greatly appreciated. I play with the piercing variation I want to know what's best moves for poking and a great oki tool. I also have to matches that I will post one I match I got slaughtered and the next one was meh. Anything you guys see that I need work with let me know.

Your go to pokes for piercing are b12, f23, and d4. B12 is great for controlling space and it demands respect from your opponent. On oki use your f12b4 string because it breaks armor and can be staggered for some decent mixups

Dragon_killer85

Fresh Blood
Your go to pokes for piercing are b12, f23, and d4. B12 is great for controlling space and it demands respect from your opponent. On oki use your f12b4 string because it breaks armor and can be staggered for some decent mixups
I never f12b4 broke armor. I hardly use it to thinking it's not I guess I was wrong about that. I will use d4 a lil bit more knowing that. I love using b12 people tend to get mad when I use it but hey like you said it demands respect. Thanks a lot! Anything other strings I can use for a pressure?

Baconlord

I never f12b4 broke armor. I hardly use it to thinking it's not I guess I was wrong about that. I will use d4 a lil bit more knowing that. I love using b12 people tend to get mad when I use it but hey like you said it demands respect. Thanks a lot! Anything other strings I can use for a pressure?
you can stagger b12 by just doing b1 and follow it up with a throw, d3, 21u4, or hell you can even do f1. her 123 string is either neutral or plus every time you stagger it so you can do stuff like 12 throw, 12 21u4, or 12 123 for example. also in the match I saw you were getting away with a lot of blocked rolls. you should really only be throwing out roll if you no it is going to hit like if you hit confirm it or anti air with it or if you use it as a wakeup since it low profiles a lot of moves.

Dragon_killer85

Fresh Blood
you can stagger b12 by just doing b1 and follow it up with a throw, d3, 21u4, or hell you can even do f1. her 123 string is either neutral or plus every time you stagger it so you can do stuff like 12 throw, 12 21u4, or 12 123 for example. also in the match I saw you were getting away with a lot of blocked rolls. you should really only be throwing out roll if you no it is going to hit like if you hit confirm it or anti air with it or if you use it as a wakeup since it low profiles a lot of moves.
Oh ok. I need to use throw more in this game....b12 is really a great tool to use for pokes and great things to mix it up with. So with the block rolls I shouldn't gotten away with any of em you're definitely right about that. How is dd 2 on block? Also is b34 any good I use from time to time in my combos?

Baconlord

Oh ok. I need to use throw more in this game....b12 is really a great tool to use for pokes and great things to mix it up with. So with the block rolls I shouldn't gotten away with any of em you're definitely right about that. How is dd 2 on block? Also is b34 any good I use from time to time in my combos?
b34 is decent in combos and gets you nice and easy damage but I normally do jk telekick instead. it gets a little bit more damage and builds more meter but it's a little bit tricky to get down at first. also dd 2 is not a move in piercing, are you referring to ethereal

Dragon_killer85

Fresh Blood
Oh ok I will use that a lil bit more to my advantage the jk into dd 3 that is. But yeah I was referring to dd3 sorry about that. I used to play ravenous but I don't why I stopped. Ethereal I haven't tried yet I heard it's good defensive variation. Also I was wondering if you wanted you play sometimes?

Baconlord

Oh ok I will use that a lil bit more to my advantage the jk into dd 3 that is. But yeah I was referring to dd3 sorry about that. I used to play ravenous but I don't why I stopped. Ethereal I haven't tried yet I heard it's good defensive variation. Also I was wondering if you wanted you play sometimes?
add me on psn: bacon-lord1

Skedar70

Noob
Scorpion's FBC are true blockstrings so unfortunately you just have to block it. There is the option of taking a hit to escape the pressure. In the string 214 xx FBC if you block 21 and get hit by 4 you are sent nearly full screen and escape the pressure for only 5% damage. However, if the Scorpion reads you will take the hit I THINK they can confirm to a combo, but don't take that as gospel. @JTB123 confirm?
Wasn't there a gap in 21 gap 4 for scorpion or was it another string? or was this removed?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Wasn't there a gap in 21 gap 4 for scorpion or was it another string? or was this removed?
There is a gap in 214 now but back when I made that post i dont think there was a gap, if there was a gap back then it was not easy to find as it would be range dependent

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
This might be overly simple advice, but look for footage of Saltface, Foxy Grampa, and Pig of the Hut playing Mileena. They all play her great, but very differently.