What's new

I don't care for the crushing blows

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Even though you can only use each crush once per game, I'm pretty sure you still have more than one crush per character. It feels too cinematic to me and I get the feeling that once people get better at getting them down it's going to slow the fight down with all the pausing the game does to show you bones breaking/parts getting bitten off.

They might be more situational than the reveal made them look but I'm not really feeling this change.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Ryx we played Sun God.

Sun God's grab was the most slowing down move in NRS history with that animation duration lmao. And we loved it.

Don't be a hypocrite now
I liked Sun God for being Kotal + a grapple, I didn't like how long it took to do a basic command grab

Even though you can only use each crush once per game, I'm pretty sure you still have more than one crush per character. It feels too cinematic to me and I get the feeling that once people get better at getting them down it's going to slow the fight down with all the pausing the game does to show you bones breaking/parts getting bitten off.

They might be more situational than the reveal made them look but I'm not really feeling this change.
krushing blows are the "small x-rays", right? they said every char has 5 or 6 i think. i dont know if they can use only ONE of them all once per match or every of them once - but that would seem od.

what was the name of those <30% moves again?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
krushing blows are the "small x-rays", right? they said every char has 5 or 6 i think. i dont know if they can use only ONE of them all once per match or every of them once - but that would seem od.

The other one is fatal blows. You're correct about the krushing blows

RYX

BIG PUSHER

fatal blows was the revenge mechanic you get below 30%, basically the replacement for X-rays I could have sworn I heard them say you can only use each one once, but you can use all of them.

Fair enough.

Personally I don't see krushing blows being a problem like that
I could be wrong but if you have a couple of them to use, and they don't look terribly difficult to pull off, I imagine it's gonna happen a few times in a game. Could just be a perspective thing and I won't even notice when the game comes out.

I don't like that a random uppercut or string can do 25% based on some preset factors. It can really throw off the game for the better player. Imo they shouldn't do that much more damage 1-3 % should be enough.

I don't think krushing blows should be awarded for the opponent guessing wrong on a throw break. It makes it less likely for players to use a defensive mechanic. There's already a tight window and a 50/50 guess in the mechanic. Why do you also need to risk extra damage?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There's apparently 5-6 of them to a character, plus the Fatal Blows. That adds up to a good amount of time spent watching cutscenes.
You assume everyone Is going to land every krushing blow.

Most krushing blows have brutality-esque requirements to even access them

If someone does manage to land all 6 somehow(which is pretty improbable due to them doing a ton of damage and the requirements being met would need you to being landing a lot of attacks, there just isn’t enough health for that), that’s 6 more seconds to a game.

You mean the attacks that add, like what? Literally half a 1 second more to a move?

If you watch the footage and time the base moves vs their Krushing versions, it becomes clear how little “slowing” is occurring.
For me it's not about the time it's about the amount of damage they do. I don't think normals should really vary that much in damage because at any point in the match part of the game is calculating what you can survive and what you can't survive and planning your moves accordingly.

I don't want a random projectile to do 25 percent of my life because it fulfilled some obscure requirement.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Aren't the fatal blows just for hitting your bumper sticks? That's the super mechanic, yeah? The crushing blows is the powered-up hits.
Sorry the generic naming convention got me, I meant krushing blow or whatever

The point though is that adding a total of five more seconds at the most to the match isn’t really slowing the game down.

There's apparently 5-6 of them to a character, plus the Fatal Blows. That adds up to a good amount of time spent watching cutscenes.
not sure if you can use all 5-6 or just one of them in a match. it would seem unfair to be able to use all when the fighters have different amounts.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
not sure if you can use all 5-6 or just one of them in a match. it would seem unfair to be able to use all when the fighters have different amounts.
You can only use one per type a game, but they also have special stipulations unique to each attack like landing a certain attack three times in a row or getting a counter hit with the second projectile only of an EX projectile.

Given they do so much damage and require so much damage to be done to become available, you couldn’t feasibly do them all in a match.

Seeing it as unfair for one character to have more than another is like complaining that one character has more special moves than another. We all know that characters with simple moveset can be top tier and characters with longer movesets can be terrible. It depends on how good the moves themselves are.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
The only thing that really concerns me is the amount of damage that they do. Maybe it's because we're not seeing many lengthy combos as we did in mkx, but something just feels really strange about being hit and suddenly losing appx. 30% life off of something that'd otherwise do 15-20.

@Charybdis did the krushing blows have any noticeable impact on the flow of your games, or is it something you think we'll get used to after a few matches?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah I’m not bothered by the time of them, but that damage did look whacky.

I know they’re still tuning shit, but a projectile shouldn’t be hitting for like 32% raw. Like almost a third of a life bar from a fireball is stupid

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
It is one crushing blow period. I think most specials, uppercuts and throws can all trigger it off of a counter, whatever one you get is your crush. Seemed like it was the first counter you used with the right move it seemed like, I did a d2 crush consistently at least

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It is one crushing blow period. I think most specials, uppercuts and throws can all trigger it off of a counter, whatever one you get is your crush. Seemed like it was the first counter you used with the right move it seemed like, I did a d2 crush consistently at least

Okay, so you can't use more than one at all? That sounds a lot more reasonable, thanks. I don't think I need to worry then.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I swear I saw a few per match in the footage but I may just be crazy.