What's new

I crashed the game!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I was playing somebody online in a Raiden mirror match. I ended up winning the round and decided to do Raiden's uppercut fatality..... late. Well to my amazement, after the explosion, I saw Liu Kang's head floating down from the top of the screen and then the game suddenly froze! I could still pull up the select menu, but the game was toasted. I'll have to try it again if I run into one of you guys online.

cool^^

I havent done it in a while but last time i fury bladed a baby the whole game crashed (I had to force-shut down the ps3) funny glitch though.. I wanna see the Raiden one

real_talk718 said:
cool^^

I havent done it in a while but last time i fury bladed a baby the whole game crashed (I had to force-shut down the ps3) funny glitch though.. I wanna see the Raiden one
How do you do that?

dciguy01 said:
I saw Liu Kang's head floating down from the top of the screen...
Lmao.

But I saw it three times, usually the head falls and doesn't land on the floor- it goes through it. And usually it's disfigured too. lol Like the falling head can't handle the lateness.

@realtalk, HTF did you do that?

You gotta play as Shang.. on the final round morph into scorpion and let your final move be his air-throw in the corner and IMMEDIATELY do his babality. the throw gives the opponent an opportunity to sneak a low toe or uppercut before he is dizzy (finish him groggy) so after he hits you (you should be shang already in his winning pose) out of your pose they will turn into a baby and you can move freely for about 5-6 seconds. Morph into baraka and chop the baby up and the game will freeze with baraka fury blading air and blood lol
I took a pic a while back I gotta look for it

edit -- here ya go

ok im sorry u guys think its bs but honestly i did the fatality near the corner and the screen stretched farther than usual. like there was a green background past the level. i dunno if it was late but there the game never said fatality and my opponent never resurfaced.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
frznsldr said:
ok im sorry u guys think its bs but honestly i did the fatality near the corner and the screen stretched farther than usual. like there was a green background past the level. i dunno if it was late but there the game never said fatality and my opponent never resurfaced.
I've done that before. I think you have to jump behind your opponent while they are in the corner and then do the dead pool fatality. It's pretty cool and you will see the green bar off the screen.

Raven

Noob
To save you the time of trying it again. Yes online if you do the fatality late it will freeze every time. Better than a baby if you ask me.

dciguy01 said:
I've done that before. I think you have to jump behind your opponent while they are in the corner and then do the dead pool fatality. It's pretty cool and you will see the green bar off the screen.
I've done that several times and it's never once crashed the game. I guess it's possible, though.

Raven said:
To save you the time of trying it again. Yes online if you do the fatality late it will freeze every time. Better than a baby if you ask me.
That isn't 100% true. I've heard that some late fatalities are likely to do that (esp. Raiden's super uppercut), but I've late fatalitied and been late fatalitied a shitload of times and the game has never crashed on me. I have a video of me and CUKO28 doing a late stage fatality. He misses the uppercut, but the fatality sign still drops down. I find it pretty entertaining, personally. :)

Kaz

Noob
lol yeah Ive done it to a guy also. It was pretty funny cause we both sat there for like 2 minutes before the player has left the match popped up

Raven

Noob
Hm. To my knowledge it was just Raidens late that did it. and ive never seen it fail (online) I don't think it freezes arcade though. But I haven't done it that much because I suck at late fatalities.

real_talk718 said:
You gotta play as Shang.. on the final round morph into scorpion and let your final move be his air-throw in the corner and IMMEDIATELY do his babality. the throw gives the opponent an opportunity to sneak a low toe or uppercut before he is dizzy (finish him groggy) so after he hits you (you should be shang already in his winning pose) out of your pose they will turn into a baby and you can move freely for about 5-6 seconds. Morph into baraka and chop the baby up and the game will freeze with baraka fury blading air and blood lol
I took a pic a while back I gotta look for it

edit -- here ya go

If you're on the dead pool stage and do that glitch, the losing player can uppercut the winning player into the acid. Funny stuff.