What's new

"I can see the headlines... Justice League fails... Clown kills millions..."

When I first heard this line, I assumed it was coming from Luthor.

But upon further review, Luthor's "May fortune favor the foolish." line just doesn't sound like it's coming from the same actor.

I am calling it now: The "I can see the headlines." guy is none other than Captain Cold.

The sarcasm... The somewhat anti-heroic concern... The fact that I can just sorta picture him saying this... I think it's gonna be Cold.

:)

I noticed the difference too. They didn't sound exactly the same to me, either. And now that you say CC, I can definitely see him saying it. The attitude in the voice just doesn't match Luthor for me, either

I agree with you. That voice doesn't sound like Luthor to me at all, I honestly just thought it was the Joker stroking his own cock. Until people started saying it's Lex, and I was like, Ok, it might be, but it seemed off.

Cus that voice sounds comical/sinister, not Luthor speaks more professionally.

Eh... I feel that the voice is lacking the playful nature of Joker.

And again, it seems written for somebody from the outside looking in.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Luthor's "fortune" line is said very low and with no energy (on purpose), the first line is more enthused so it's different. Seriously, just speak both lines as they were and hear the difference. Not saying it couldn't be someone else but "not sounds exactly alike" isn't a good argument, no offense.

Cruz

Banned
I've also noticed he's not Lex cause the "No good comes from hero worship!" also doesn't sound like it.
Maybe it's Joker but would he call himself the clown? It also doesn't really sound like him.
I believe this character wasn't showed cause this is the voice of the REAL VILLAIN in Injustice (probably not Captain Cold....).
Could be Ares or maybe even Sinestro, like a conspiracy.

Luthor's "fortune" line is said very low and with no energy (on purpose), the first line is more enthused so it's different. Seriously, just speak both lines as they were and hear the difference. Not saying it couldn't be someone else but "not sounds exactly alike" isn't a good argument, no offense.
Hey, you might be right... But I think it could go either way.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
hmm to me it sounds like Luthor, the voice is similar to his "no good comes from hero worship" i could be wrong tho like when i thought supermans voice in the new regime video was luthor or savage or someone

Cruz

Banned
The funny part is that i can see them pick Shao Kahn's voice actor for Ares like they picked Raiden for Joker....
Lol the two big villains of Injustice would be MK voice actors. :D

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I can imagine the Joker talking to Harley and saying, "I can see the headlines..." I have a strong feeling it's the Joker and he was talking a little more serious than being silly.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I can imagine the Joker talking to Harley and saying, "I can see the headlines..." I have a strong feeling it's the Joker and he was talking a little more serious than being silly.

I don't think he'd say the "I can see the headlines" part in his lower register.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't think he'd say the "I can see the headlines" part in his lower register.
To me it depends on how they tell the story. We can't assume classic Joker here. This story is their take and twists on everything. Not to mention, not every Joker voice actor is going to take the same approach, but only time will tell.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
To me it depends on how they tell the story. We can't assume classic Joker here. This story is their take and twists on everything. Not to mention, not every Joker voice actor is going to take the same approach, but only time will tell.

I just think it makes more sense that Lex is talking to a league member minutes after the event than Joker talking to Harley before.

I think richard is bringing a darker joker slightly sicker joker to the voice he plays, just look how he cold bloodily shot jimmy in the face, im all for the voice, it was the joker, they even put his laugh after he said that line, its the joker no doubt.