What's new

Strategy I Bring You the Gift of Pain - Patch 1.06 Discussion

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Oh, and by the way: DS also took a big hit on the 2 bars to meter burn interactables. That puts a serious dampener on his good stages.

I'm not sorry I'm a realist.

Crathen

Death is my business
DS just got better.

Like i don't even know why some are doubting this.

MB F3 taking less damage and doing more damage -> Big buff since it's already a staple in his gameplan

Power characters interactables being normalized = buff

Faster trait activation = more safe trait setups , frame advantage after interactable setups into trait , better chances of activating the trait fullscreen without gettin punished ,

Less damage from gunshots in trait is ok unless it's like half the damage , if quickfire does 4.5 instead of 6% we good , AR still gonna deal 10% or more.

3 seconds of duration instead of 5 , it's ok otherwise we'd be getting free 30% damage or knockdowns whenever we activated trait.

6 seconds of cooldown is harsh but when closing the first round we're getting it back for free and TBH 6 seconds isn't bad AT ALL.

Super buffs is whatever , hopefully we can use it vs certain projectiles on reaction without getting stuffed by them.

Flash being nerfed = no longer a 7-3

Superman being nerfed

BA nerfed

Batman nerfed

GL no more OTG

Yes some characters became more competitive ( GA , Catwoman , Bane ) and some have been buffed / nerfed like MMH.

DS is now viable with proper matchup knowledge.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
DS just got better.

Like i don't even know why some are doubting this.
Because it's blatantly untrue. DS just tumbled down to low tier. Trait got nerfed and it was already bad. Superman and Adam nerfs make little difference (Superman was already even), Flash is still going to be a brutal loss, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Raven, Batgirl and Frost still beat him. Batman will be a better match, but Cyborg, Catwoman and Green Arrow are all potential new losses. The interactable changes hurt Deathstroke far more than help, and the B3/F3 changes are a push at best because it changes them for every character. And of course, who knows how many of his currently good matches are going to be even at best.

But hey, we still body Hawkgirl! Hooray!

Crathen

Death is my business
Because it's blatantly untrue. DS just tumbled down to low tier. Trait got nerfed and it was already bad. Superman and Adam nerfs make little difference (Superman was already even), Flash is still going to be a brutal loss, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Raven, Batgirl and Frost still beat him. Batman will be a better match, but Cyborg, Catwoman and Green Arrow are all potential new losses. The interactable changes hurt Deathstroke far more than help, and the B3/F3 changes are a push at best because it changes them for every character. And of course, who knows how many of his currently good matches are going to be even at best.

But hey, we still body Hawkgirl! Hooray!
Trait was rebalanced and it's gonna be more usable now than anywhere it is in the current patch. More opportunities to set it up > More damage when set it up

Flash isn't a brutal loss.

Raven never was and never will be a bad match.

Cyborg is no where near a losing MU even after the patch.

Catwoman will probably turn out as a 5-5.

GA is gonna be 5-5.

Aquaman isn't a bad MU.

Interactables nerfed only benefit DS.

MB F3 buff actually affects DS ( and KF ) most of any characters in the game since they are a staple of their gameplan.

I'm refusing to downplay and i'm being realistical.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
This is gonna be good. having a lot more safe trait activation is a big deal imo. though I wanted a MB version sword slip this is better... and this will close out a lot of matches quickly.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
I think the trait will end up being a positive, especially at the ends of opponents' bars. MB f3/b3 into trait can set up some nasty unclashable damage if it's used right. 32 trait is now also more viable.

Honestly though, other than wanting sword spin to be + or at least neutral on hit, I had a breakthrough earlier about what I really would have liked to see in this patch: remove up rifle and replace it with a rifle feint. Give it nearly the same startup, but before the gun gets level in his hands, have him quickly toss it back on his back. No MB, no cancel, just a straight fake-out only move. I think the mind games would be glorious, and it's not like we're using up rifle anyway.

But that said, I'm withholding judgment on the patch changes until I actually get some time to play with it. I doubt regardless though that he will become non-viable.

Owerbart

I miss you
Still I think Deathstroke will be viable. He's always gonna be a part of my three. We just need to get something with the trait going. When you think about it, we didn't got nerfed and the other chars nerfs are huge. Let's see. But I'm not dropping this char at all.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Very much so. We are on the way to bottom tier.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm switching characters.

I'm partly agreeing with you on the viewpoint of the nerfs Duck, but don't be rediculous. These changes are hardly the grounds to ditch DS entirely, and he was never close to low tier to begin with.

Don't pull an m2dave and jump the gun.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm partly agreeing with you on the viewpoint of the nerfs Duck, but don't be rediculous. These changes are hardly the grounds to ditch DS entirely, and he was never close to low tier to begin with.

Don't pull an m2dave and jump the gun.
DS's changes? No, they're not. But having all of our bad matches be every bit as bad as they always were, minus Batman, plus potentially losing a bunch more? This character is fucking trash now. It's not about how he got changed, it's about how everyone else did.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
DS's changes? No, they're not. But having all of our bad matches be every bit as bad as they always were, minus Batman, plus potentially losing a bunch more? This character is fucking trash now. It's not about how he got changed, it's about how everyone else did.

All I'm saying is wait it out. If you don't take a liking to the changes (not just to DS alone) after a while when the patch drops, then you have every right to leave. Who am I to stop you?

HOWEVER, if you leave and we find some dirty crap with the new trait, and other character nerfs turn out to be worse than expected (ultimately benefitting DS), then... well then not much will happen really outside of someone possibly pointing fingers at you lol. Overassumption is the enemy.

Just be glad you're not a BA main. THEY are the ones with the rights to say "**** this ****."

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
what are DS hard knockdowns
You mean those things that lead to low-to-middling damage and will potentially get you comboed for far more than you can do? Those hard knockdowns? Yeah. Terrifying.

All I'm saying is wait it out. If you don't take a liking to the changes (not just to DS alone) after a while when the patch drops, then you have every right to leave. Who am I to stop you?

HOWEVER, if you leave and we find some dirty crap with the new trait, and other character nerfs turn out to be worse than expected (ultimately benefitting DS), then... well then not much will happen really outside of someone possibly pointing fingers at you lol. Overassumption is the enemy.

Just be glad you're not a BA main. THEY are the ones with the rights to say "**** this ****."
yeah damn why should I discuss his patch changes in patch 1.06 discussion

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Lol discuss the patch all you want, discussion is good. It's the "I'm leaving now, screw this place" speech that can wait.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
You're crazy if you think Black Adam still won't be good. The only questionable change is the backdash distance nerf, which remains to be seen in action. Everything else is fine. Off-topic, but w/e.