What's new

I believe Liu Kang actually goes 5 5 with kabal/ is the answer for that burnt madman.

coolwhip

Noob
actually he did, they were saying that on the OBS show. I was like wow he actually said that haha. We all know kabal and lao super good though.
He said the Kung Lao part for sure (which is ridiculous, obviously). But I didn't read the part about Kabal. I could be mistaken, but I hadn't heard anyone talk about it. Keep in mind, somebody could be trolling by saying he said it and it got picked up and people believed it. I doubt that even PL could say something as outrageous as Kabal not being top 10.

He said the Kung Lao part for sure (which is ridiculous, obviously). But I didn't read the part about Kabal. I could be mistaken, but I hadn't heard anyone talk about it. Keep in mind, somebody could be trolling by saying he said it and it got picked up and people believed it. I doubt that even PL could say something as outrageous as Kabal not being top 10.
in fact, to be specific, he said something along the lines that kabal's zoning isn't even that good.

coolwhip

Noob
in fact, to be specific, he said something along the lines that kabal's zoning isn't even that good.
Yeah I've heard him say that people fear Kabal's IAGB way too much and that they shouldn't care about 2% chip. Him saying Kabal is not top 10 is news to me. If he did, then LOL.

Yeah I've heard him say that people fear Kabal's IAGB way too much and that they shouldn't care about 2% chip. Him saying Kabal is not top 10 is news to me. If he did, then LOL.
haha definitely, he just need to change his playstyle some to be able to deal with people who don't allow tele 3 to get them.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Now everyone is gonna pick him up. *sigh* I was enjoying using an underrated character too, here comes the bandwagon!

AssassiN

Noob
i agree, most will still doubt him even though WC has so much success with him haha.
XBlades has been maining him and him alone for a long time and made it very far in tournaments.
He made top 8 at evo, if that doesn't say enough about the character(and XBlades skills ofcourse), then I don't know what does.

XBlades has been maining him and him alone for a long time and made it very far in tournaments.
He made top 8 at evo, if that doesn't say enough about the character(and XBlades skills ofcourse), then I don't know what does.
exsctly, mt bro used him alot at evo 2011 nd got top 8 nd i just used him almost every match at dallas nd got top 8. idk what else ppl want haha.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
REO vs the World is a 7-3 match up, but he was suppost to be washed up according to everyone in the community because one person said so, sooooo you could be one to something with the character against Kabal thing, ;)

this matchup is 6-4 kabal, kabals pressure is a bit overwhelming for liu kang, outside of that the matchup is even, liu even wins the footsies battle, i also think i havent seen a single player with Liu Kang apply pressure at Liu's highest potential in my opinion. In fact i believe his rushdown is vastly underexplored by even the top tournament players, no liu kang has impressed me so far. But Kabal's pressure is way too dominant, his buzzsaw helps him compete in the zoning as well as his ex ndc... th.. the flash parry and being able to 111 and 2 ndc pressure liu to death, still while forcing liu to counter poke with his other strings makes it a 6-4, kung lao is still kabals greatest threat.

Kabal is god, people need to stop being in denial that the character has the complete package and we will never find a character that truly goes even with him because he dominates the game, even if liu baits an ex dash at non punishable distance if the kabal knows the matchup he can just cancel it and get in for free, applying pressure and all. All of liu's pressure escapes are risky, and lius ability to deal with crossovers isnt as strong as other characters, some kabals will abuse this with 111 ndc into crossover, putting liu in a difficult situation.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
if liu kang gets knocked down he should be in a tough situation. Also when it comes to kabal there are styles that go good with a matchup and bad, because kabal has so many options there is multiple ways to play him. so I think there are kabals that can go 5-5 with liu kang and some styles will beat liu kan 6-4.

also didn't cd jr beat xblades the best liu kang player at evo pretty easily?
XBlades won CDjr's Jax 2-1 at top-16 and put him on losers bracket. Then, at top-8, CDjr was 1-1 with XBlades (Jax-Kang respectively) when he picked Kabal and took it 2-1 to move on for top-4. XBlades chose not to zone against CDjr's Kabal during the last game. Not sure why... You can't say he won pretty easily. And guys, let's not forget MLG Anaheim: Shoryuken88's 3-0 (Or was it 3-1?) against Cat... Shoryuken's Kang was absolutely on point zoning... Cat's Kabal didn't have many options... Lastly, Kang's low fireball, if done/spammed/timed correctly can go under Kabal's iagblasts and also make Kang STAY crouched (thus constantly having a lower hitbox), if timed right in between low fireballs. The only matter that has to be dealt in practice is the footsie game. That's a player-related matter, not character.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Unfortunately me and Mygod didn't get to play or me and mit so I can say anything about their Luis, but why do people think Mygod did good vs Reo, didn't he get 3-0'd

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Flagg

Noob
If you're quick enough, im sure you can hit an air born opponent twice with iafb with LK, cause im sure i've done it.

LK is very underrated in this game. I wish his low fireball ducked under moves like Sindels does, but you cant have it all. His standing 1 is pretty much as good as his standing 2.

There's only two other characters like Kabal in the game that have an air fireball, a standing fireball and a low fireball, LK and Sindel. It's a shame her air fireball attacks at an angle rather than horizontal because it would give her more in the fireball game against Kabal. But LK does, he also has armour, and better launchers.

This thread makes me want to start playing him again.

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
this matchup is 6-4 kabal, kabals pressure is a bit overwhelming for liu kang, outside of that the matchup is even, liu even wins the footsies battle, i also think i havent seen a single player with Liu Kang apply pressure at Liu's highest potential in my opinion. In fact i believe his rushdown is vastly underexplored by even the top tournament players, no liu kang has impressed me so far. But Kabal's pressure is way too dominant, his buzzsaw helps him compete in the zoning as well as his ex ndc... th.. the flash parry and being able to 111 and 2 ndc pressure liu to death, still while forcing liu to counter poke with his other strings makes it a 6-4, kung lao is still kabals greatest threat.

Kabal is god, people need to stop being in denial that the character has the complete package and we will never find a character that truly goes even with him because he dominates the game, even if liu baits an ex dash at non punishable distance if the kabal knows the matchup he can just cancel it and get in for free, applying pressure and all. All of liu's pressure escapes are risky, and lius ability to deal with crossovers isnt as strong as other characters, some kabals will abuse this with 111 ndc into crossover, putting liu in a difficult situation.
What are you talking about? buzzsaw and ex ndc? kang recovers too fast from anytype of fireball to be hit with buzzsaw full screen, ex ND has to be timed perfectly close to midscreen, and it can be baited with iafb. 111 NDC? that only works after a jip regardless of the opponents hitbox, one mistake from kabal and he's full screen again, so forget flash parry, 2 NDC can be poked out of and once kabal loses his rytheem, its over for kabal. Lao does not beat kabal, its 5-5 at worst.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's an interesting point that Lew Ceng has the tools to go toe to toe with Kabal. On one hand his pressure is lethal and he has safe projectiles, on the other hand his pokes are kind of weak to get out of pressure. Sounds a bit like he has to keep Kabal out but then what about armor dash?
Also, it's L i u, not Lui. He's not french, ffs.

It's an interesting point that Lew Ceng has the tools to go toe to toe with Kabal. On one hand his pressure is lethal and he has safe projectiles, on the other hand his pokes are kind of weak to get out of pressure. Sounds a bit like he has to keep Kabal out but then what about armor dash?
Also, it's L i u, not Lui. He's not french, ffs.
liu can actually fight him up close as well because he has alot of neutral strings and fast launchers. Liu can harass kabal up closee and far away.