What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know, I was just adding on a bit in case he got the idea that because b.1 into b.1 is faster than most punishes that it would be something incredibly good. Gotta draw the box so we can think inside of it.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
The only problem of B1 is... B11 . If you tap the 1 twice this string appears and it´s -2 on block... so if B11 appears go quickly to B112,that on hit you can confirm into DB1 and on block is still safe (+1).

This problems do not appear with D1, not as good as B1 but and option to avoid B1111.... mashing stuff

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
... Like Cyborg's iafb thing or what it used to be.

And no, sadly the AI is kinda derp. We don't have any attacks that leave us in enough advantage to use b.1 again on block. We get +12, so we can only manage things with less than 12 frames of start-up. This means neutral throw, d.1, 1, 2, and the like.

Now mind you, if we COULD do something like that it would be nifty, but sadly we don't have that option. b.1 into 1, for example, leaves the jab coming out with what SHOULD be an extra +4 left over. The only problem is once the next hit comes out, the game just disregards that excess frame advantage and carries into the next one. This is what makes j.d.3 113 not a viable option as a jump in on block, because the whiffed 1 that they can duck resets the advantage you had on block and they can actually backdash out or punish freely since they are reset into a neutral stance while you are swinging at air.
A block infinite is when a move has block advantage that's equal or greater in frames compared to its execution frames (like if B1 was +17 or more on block). With perfect execution on block infinites, there's no escape even with armor.

Bane's B1 is merely a frame trap, because it's +12 on hit and activates in 17 frames. You can do multiple B1s in a row and it will beat out even the fastest moves in the game (6 frames), but it can be armored out of.
It doesn't work like that because of push back. Most/all of the infinites have a positional reset.

Even if the frame data says otherwise, some things just don't connect because of how they are designed. Like Bane body splashing people on hit and stand 1 not linking because the damn character is crouching it on hit stun. This game has some of the worst designs behind it ever.

Some of the frame data is either wrong or just misleading.

regulas

Your Emporer
B1~DBF3 (or into any other special)

B1 gives you 12 frame advantage on block, so dbf3 is effectively at 8 frames.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Haven't been playing Bane as much, spending tons of time learning Batgirl, but how you guys feel about the buffs?

Since it's general discussion, thought it'd be best to post here. Is Bane considered a noob/easy to play character or something? I get many "another scrub bane" comments after i win, just rage is or bane generally considered easy mode?

Since it's general discussion, thought it'd be best to post here. Is Bane considered a noob/easy to play character or something? I get many "another scrub bane" comments after i win, just rage is or bane generally considered easy mode?
When you don't know what to do against him he bodies everyone. Rage quits are pretty common.

Oogalord

Noob
salty noobs who get stomped are the only ones who would claim playing Bane is easy.

obviously you can roll heavy with him if you know what you're doing. but he doesn't have a projectile and his normals are slow, which makes him a moderately difficult character by default IMO

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Anyone with a d.b.f. motion isn't easy. Anyone without a projectile isn't easy. Anyone with both of those included is bane.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Yesterday I spent time in practice and I have a little and stupid way to do the DBF finisher in combos with 90% success:
When you go for B23,123,... for example, after you do the 123 inputs the animations still don´t appear so DO the DBF motion at slow motion and then 3 ,you have a window to do it properly , so you never fail the DBF and the grab appears. Sometimes I did the DBF too fast thinking it was neccesary and the inputs didn´t was correctly done.
Sorry if anybody has problems with this motion but perhaps someone finds this useful

MashBot

You're over matched.
Just putting this out there. I bane play once every blue moon, i play capcom games and on stick so for his DBF I just do the short cut 360. Works every time. Sorry if it was posted already.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
also what does OKI mean?
This is what I was told
Oki is short for Okizeme which is a Japanese word whose direct translation I don't know but nonetheless in terms of fighting games refers to "offensive mix-up game"...

Here's an example sentense:
When Bane knocks somewhat down and is right next to them he can apply his 50/50 offensive pressure

*switch out* "50/50 offensive pressure" for "oki" and the sentence would mean exactly the same thing.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Just putting this out there. I bane play once every blue moon, i play capcom games and on stick so for his DBF I just do the short cut 360. Works every time. Sorry if it was posted already.
Yeah that works good for canceling into. I kinda just tiger knee the motion doing (from 1p side) 214789+heavy

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I always preferred Gief's atomic suplex to his SPD personally.
Namely because he just walks up, smacks your shit down, and piledrives you into the nearest hospital.

regulas

Your Emporer
why not just b112 command grab for extra chip? also what does OKI mean?

Specifically Oki refers generally to pressure on a knocked down opponent. When an opponent is knocked down you can mitigate the start-up on your moves by starting it before they actually get up (basically starting the attack before they can move so that the hit lines up with when they can actually act). Banes has great attacks but they are slow on start-up, on a knocked down opponent that start-up doesn't matter you, so he just has good attacks, instead of slow good attacks.

So that is why he is an Oki character. In general Oki characters have good mix-ups/combos but have slow start-up speeds meaning they have to rely on knocking the opponent down first before they can start their pressure, of course they also generally have various methods to knock someone down (as bane does).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane isn't just an oki monster, he also takes huge advantage of his ability to constantly reset his opponent. b.23 covers huge distance, and if you do something like b.23 b.23 dash up normal throw, you'll be dishing out decent enough damage and pushing them forward or behind you however you want.

The b.23 ender is a close range forced stand in which you can buffer your attacks while your opponent can only buffer specials. Without armor or invulnerable wake-up options, you can just keep knocking them down with double punch, b.23, body press, and normal throw to keep forcing them into that situation AND into the corner. Once you get them there, the reset becomes a monstrous threat to everyone in the cast.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
whats the difference between b23 b23 dash grab and either b23 123 command grab or a f3 starter to mix low/overhead. also another good overhead starter with less options though is f2d (I like command grab as its the highest damage special and the total directional input is fdbf) also the f2d comes out faster than f3 but f3 can be armored against wakeups