What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It's perfect range but not enough advantage. For some reason Bane isn't allowed to have good pressure.
Yea, but I haven't seen anyone tech roll it yet. I'm having good success with it and some wallbounce moves. I'm to the point where I'm feeling like we have tons of meter, why not use it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yea, but I haven't seen anyone tech roll it yet. I'm having good success with it and some wallbounce moves. I'm to the point where I'm feeling like we have tons of meter, why not use it.
You can't tech roll but there's very little actual advantage for some reason.

Brahma

Noob
I'm using bf2 MB to end combos. It doesn't do great damage, but it carries pretty far and if you can get them in the corner that's usually a round.

jfunkey

Noob
Interesting tidbit i just found in training mode that i don't know if anyone has found yet. Pick killer frost or catwoman (who i've found so far) set the AI to always block and reversal (the reversal doesn't matter) if you do bane's b23, the AI will block the first hit (b2) and try to reversal the 3. usually the person gets hit and you do a full combo, but on this body type i've found that they end up behind you for whatever reason. You can still combo but it caught me offguard the first time i saw it. Don't know if anyone else found this yet so figured i'd share

Thanks, J

edit: Also happens with Hawkgirl, Joker and Harley Quinn

Alcarion

Gym rat
So any changes confirmed for Bane in tomorrow's patch? I've quickly glanced at this other thread that mentioned some confirmed changes like Sinestro getting buffs and Deathstroke getting a nerf a long with Herpderpman, are we getting anything?

Only thing we know about are those for Deathstroke, Superman, and Sinestro. Sinestro's trait charging 35% faster is going to make him TERRIFYING, by the way. People don't realize how powerful he is once he consistently gets the "I never make a bad move" button. Better get in and pressure the hell out of him.

Edit: Was told by someone else that there are more changes. I modified the original post. I still wouldn't expect to see Bane changes - he needs some serious retooling and those kinds of changes take a long time to test.

Sasano

Noob
Only thing we know about are those for Deathstroke, Superman, and Sinestro. Sinestro's trait charging 35% faster is going to make him TERRIFYING, by the way. People don't realize how powerful he is once he consistently gets the "I never make a bad move" button. Better get in and pressure the hell out of him.

Edit: Was told by someone else that there are more changes. I modified the original post. I still wouldn't expect to see Bane changes - he needs some serious retooling and those kinds of changes take a long time to test.
at least we get a costume...:(

EDIT:
While we're here I wanted to ask about the timing on the ring toss in the ring toss ender combos especially b112, DB1 and 113, DB1.I'm not really certain if I'm doing it too fast, too slow or maybe just wrong but I seem to only get 1/4th of the time.I wanted to ask if you guys had any specific guidelines or queues for it or if its just a matter of grinding it out in practice mode.

From the Combo Thread

Code:
Ring Toss

- 123, DB1 23%
-113, DB1 23%
- 223, DB1 23%
-B112, DB1 21%
-B23, 123, DB1 27%
-B23, 223, DB1 27%
-B23, 113, DB1 27%
(All of these can be adjusted with Venom active.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

EDIT:
While we're here I wanted to ask about the timing on the ring toss in the ring toss ender combos especially b112, DB1 and 113, DB1.I'm not really certain if I'm doing it too fast, too slow or maybe just wrong but I seem to only get 1/4th of the time.I wanted to ask if you guys had any specific guidelines or queues for it or if its just a matter of grinding it out in practice mode.

From the Combo Thread

Code:
Ring Toss

- 123, DB1 23%
-113, DB1 23%
- 223, DB1 23%
-B112, DB1 21%
-B23, 123, DB1 27%
-B23, 223, DB1 27%
-B23, 113, DB1 27%
It's a height thing. Hit them sooner rather than later, but if you're in a full combo why not just go into command grab for the damage and oki?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane

EDIT:

From the Combo Thread

Code:
Ring Toss

- 123, DB1 23%
-113, DB1 23%
- 223, DB1 23%
-B112, DB1 21%
-B23, 123, DB1 27%
-B23, 223, DB1 27%
-B23, 113, DB1 27%
I think those were my Ring Toss combos. I like to input the DB1 as the second animation of the previous string is occurring.

But, these are rarely used. I like to throw out the ring toss after B112 every now and then if I want to reverse position on the screen to get them closer to the corner. And the toss off the 113 does the same.

Holy crap, Bane received some considerable buffs! Level 2 & 3 Venom are actually viable now, and that dash speed's gonna be a lifesaver against zoners and Doomsday!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Went from driving a '93 sebring with motor problems to driving a '11 mustang with nos.

Small changes, but on a character like Bane it seems SO MUCH BIGGER.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I'd say it''s more like driving an '04 Suburban with no A/C. Still better than a Daewoo truck tho...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Don't crush my blind enthusiasm. I know he needs more buffs, but when compared to what it used to be...
I'm going out right now to get a celebratory subway sammich.

I like the buffs he got, don't get me wrong, but I feel that it will not change things that much from where he is. IMO, it just makes him hover around the high low tiers/lowest mid tier spectrum.

Then again, anything is better than nothing right now.

Oogalord

Noob
i agree, though i too am thankful for the buffs. do we know if every DLC character's compatibility patch will include balance changes? i would guess not.

NRS is probably fixing the more blatant balance problems now with an eye towards a more involved balance patch sometime after Evo

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
What do you guys use for a wake up attack? Or simply techroll..... Sometimes I think Venom upp with 1 charge is good for wake up, other times I think it´s a bad idea....