What's new

I am frustrated with Kabal.

Hello fellow TYM members, I am here to ask everyone for their advice on how to fight Kabal. The only thing my friend does with Kabal is purple gas and whenever I get close, he does the saw and starts to NDC. I can't throw IAFS because the gas is faster. Thanks for all your help in advanced.

aj1701

Noob
Ya, this has killed me too. A zoning Kabal is a nightmare. I can dash block to get in usually, but ya, saws or NDC to combo and I'm back to square one.

If you are using Kitana,
Hold down the green button in the center of your controller.
You will get a prompt. Hit up, and then A.
Have a nice day.

Use D+1 to dash in, sometimes, you can catch him, and follow again with d+1 cutter.
Don't always 100% dash block in with d+1 since he can do a saw or dash.
Once your in, apply pressure, but respect his meter if he has meter for ex dash.

I have the tendency to jump when i knock him down, we must stop. He can wake up by jumping back into gasball. It's tempting to throw out x rays or jump while being heavily zoned, but we must resist.

2,1 is your friend, the reach is great if he tries to jump back to continue zoning when you knock him down. mix him up by whiffing 2,1, then doing 2,1,2 or 2,1 cutter, ex fan, fan lift, if the 2,1 connects.

This is 5-5 imo. Kabal masters the zoning, while kitana controls the rushdown game. It is hard to get close to him, just don't freak out, remember, chip damage is better than full damage. He will sooner or later be trapped in the corner. Do not go all out rushdown, play it smart. back up when you knock him down, prepare for ex dashes, saws, or medium hit grabs. Back away slowly, then proceed to move in. You do not want him to jump over you.

If kabal has 8% life or less, and has no meter, Iaf him all day. you can afford to trade. If he has meter, space yourself, and if you have the life lead, wait patiently, and time a grounded ex fan right, as this is kitanas fastest projectile, and beats out most of the projectiles her iaf or ground fan regular cannot.

these are just some basic things, PM me for more detailed tactics