What's new

Howdy, I am Lulzlou

Lulzlou

Noob
First off I have to say I'm new to the Fighting game scene. I couldn't get into it growing up. I played a few here and there but that was out of pure boredom. I came across MK9 because I was pretty much bored with black ops(I rarely ran into skilled players. My k/d is 2.21 there). My friend bought it first for ps3 and he said I should try it because I can usually understand how the game works after awhile. After a week of frustration, I decided to look up some tourney videos and more to learn. I fell in love instantly. I borrowed the game for awhile and sat in practice mode figuring out how to do all of it. Everyone got bored of it after I did all that. I offered to show them a little but didn't want to. They play it casually maybe one or two times a month but when I ask to play they instantly say no because of how much I know compared to them. I don't use cheap tactics or spam moves. I stopped playing it for a while because of Mw3 but I came back to it since I loved it so much.

I came here to find people to work with offline (I lagg too much online) and learn. I decided to finally come here because I got tired of fighting expert bots to try out different combos or even to make myself a better player. There is so much that I don't know and I want to change that. I live in NoVA so I'm hoping I can find an event somewhere before the tourney in philly. I want to see where I can improve before I even attempt on going to a major one. I'm not in it to win; I feel like I should be apart of all this and have fun doing so. I wont even care if I can't win 5 matches lol. Well anyway, I don't really know what else to say. I typed way more than I wanted to. Oh and the characters I've took the time to practice with is Kitana, Mileena, Sub zero and Kung lao. I haven't found my main yet. I might try a new one if these don't work out for me.

TL;DR Version
I'm new to the seen but I have a good understanding of how its meant to be played. I know quite a bit but I am nothing compared to what I've seen on youtube and read on here. I'm here to improve and to hopefully find people to work with offline. I have the 360 version now but I am trying to get the ps3 one from my friend. It just sits there collecting dust. I felt a lot better with a ps3 controller.

Yay for my first post.

Lulzlou

Noob
Welcome to TYM! I do believe there is a scene in NoVA, i'll link you to a thread, but I think Eazail is one of the big names there. One question, what is a k/d?

EDIT: Here's the link I promised: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4269-The-Official-Virginia-Thread-(NoVA-SoVA) :)
I'll give it a look, thanks for link c:

K/D is kill/death ratio. In most call of duty games you'll see 0.3-1.5's, which is terrible lol. I love challenging myself so I always go for a 2+k/d.