What's new

Question How would you MOD your character on the MK9 PC version?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If this is serious, I would do the following to Skarlet:

- Ground daggers are now both 2% on block, 4% on hit each
- Air daggers are 3% on block, 6% on hit
- Teleport is -5 on block with slightly faster startup frames, perhaps 4 frames faster.

RedRaptor10 Eddy Wang

Skarlet is a dangerous character to tweak because she's right on the edge of being in the top 3. I think these buffs change her teleport from near useless to a useful, but not too good. The dagger changes simply bring her projectiles up to being a threat while maintaining the difficulty that is pulling off iaBD's consistently.

The changes don't change her as a character, just round her out a little more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If this is serious, I would do the following to Skarlet:

- Ground daggers are now both 2% on block, 4% on hit each
- Air daggers are 3% on block, 6% on hit
- Teleport is -5 on block with slightly faster startup frames, perhaps 4 frames faster.

RedRaptor10 Eddy Wang

Skarlet is a dangerous character to tweak because she's right on the edge of being in the top 3. I think these buffs change her teleport from near useless to a useful, but not too good. The dagger changes simply bring her projectiles up to being a threat while maintaining the difficulty that is pulling off iaBD's consistently.

The changes don't change her as a character, just round her out a little more.

Agreed, the Dagger Cancel should be a little be tweaked to for -5 frames before she dash cancels instead of the 10 frame window.
Her teleport is 20f startup on ground and 11f in air, pushing the ground to 16 or 15 would it make it really useful.

Also, her normals were all built to pressure, which is why they're all linear, i would suggest, buff F4 from 13 to 11 frames too, it wouldn't make her broke, but would give her a legit AA against every possible jump or Crossup that move is already punishable on whiff or block, so it would be fair.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Forget nerfs, it's all about buffing the lesser characters.

Sindel: Ex hair whip either needs to do more damage or have more range to even think of wasting a bar on this. Or give it armour. If just one of her specials had armour that would make such a difference.
Sindel Buffs!
Hair Whip has pushback safe on block like Jade's Staff Grab
Ex Hair Whip has safe pushback on block
Ex Step Up has armor to escape pressure and corners
Current D3 changed to Kitana's hitbox shrinking D3 type
Current D1 changed to Johnny Cage's D1 range type for anti cross up juggles
Huge crouching hitbox size adjusted to medium size
U3 is an overhead pop up combo starter
U4 frames faster 16f -> 11f used for anti cross ups
D2 now a 10f uppercut instead of 12f
4~special can now be linked to Levitate, Hair Whip, Scream, Step Up like before
4,4,U3 (third hit is an overhead and no longer whiffs)

This should make Sindel solid mid tier and not bottom tier where she is filled with big problems :)

Kabal:
Iagb hit mid.

His ex standing gas blast acts like reptile ex force ball allowing him to go in. ( he needs it ex gb is shit)

Stryker
Instant air gun shots and grenades
Able to cancel his sweep pole special move like in umk3 for combos.

lol what's with these retarded buffs? kabal is an amazing character and is fine the way he is. anymore "changes" to him would make him insanely broken. especially the mid iagb and ex gas blast... LOL.

and seriously? instant air gun for stryker? just go play deathstroke.

Ninj

Agreed, the Dagger Cancel should be a little be tweaked to for -5 frames before she dash cancels instead of the 10 frame window.
Her teleport is 20f startup on ground and 11f in air, pushing the ground to 16 or 15 would it make it really useful.

Also, her normals were all built to pressure, which is why they're all linear, i would suggest, buff F4 from 13 to 11 frames too, it wouldn't make her broke, but would give her a legit AA against every possible jump or Crossup that move is already punishable on whiff or block, so it would be fair.
Perhaps on the dagger cancel speed. 5 seems really fast, maybe 7 or 8. She should be as fast as anyone else, not faster since she can dash out, which is an advantage.

11 frame F4 might also be good. That or buff standing 1 to hit Mid. Buffing her normals should be done with caution, lest she become too powerful. Though she is still the most execution heavy character in the game, so maybe that would be ok.

Sub-Zero:

Either have armor on EX freeze or mod it so that whatever part of the ice beam is out before SZ gets hit, still is active and can freeze.

armor on ex freeze? lol then you would need to get rid of the ridiculously fast startup and "beam" properties.

i don't think people understand the concept of "buffing" characters...

you don't just flat out enhance a moves properties on top of what it already has/is. you need to play give/take.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
armor on ex freeze? lol then you would need to get rid of the ridiculously fast startup and "beam" properties.

i don't think people understand the concept of "buffing" characters...

you don't just flat out enhance a moves properties on top of what it already has/is. you need to play give/take.
Remember: we are talking about Sub-Zero here. Possibly the #1 character in the entire game who has had the most taken away since the game's launch. This buff would still not completely balance out all that he has lost over the game's life span. But it's a start.

And even then, I would still be able to live with it. Makes MU's against the likes of Kenshi / Kabal / Kitana slightly easier.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob Saibot

• Make recovery on projectiles a lot faster, but add a cooldown to the projectiles in order to keep one from abusing it. This would allow for better spacing after a clone has been released and not get punish from 2/3 screen due to shitty recovery. -45 is awful.
  • EX Teleslam bounces opponent off of the ground to allow for extended combos, but this will count towards the ground bounce restrictions for combos. Noob needs a midscreen damage increase because 18-22% doesn't cut it. Also, the addition of a bouncing EX teleslam allows for better corner carry where Noob's game is the strongest.

Ex: b1214 xx EX teleslam, 12, 12 xx Teleslam. (1 Bar)
    Ex: 212 xx Ex Teleslam, b2, b1214 xx Teleslam (1 Bar)
    Ex: 212 xx Ex Teleslam, 12, 12 xx EX Teleslam, 12, 12 xx Teleslam (2 Bar)

Damage would prorate accordingly allowing for a good enough damage increase, but with usage of meter. Keeps it balance in my honest opinion. For a while I thought making his Ex Shadow Charge throw the opponent back at you like in trilogy would be great for combo extensions, but being able to use it in most midscreen combos seems unpractical due having to njp you opponent as they're falling above you. Doing this mid combo would cause your opponent to splat and not really do much to extend the combo.
  • If said bounce effect on Ex Teleslam isn't possible than an overall increase in midscreen damage for Noob Saibot.
  • EX portals need to go where they're supposed to go. There is this bug where the EX portal land in the same spot. For some odd reason people believe this is intentional, but as you see in the command list they're supposed to go in different areas. A little reading goes a long way.
  • This isn't necessary, but it would be a nice addition: Teleslam and Ex Teleslam needs to be invincible during most of it's animation. Being knocked out the air when the move is blockable and highly punishable is silly in my honest opinion.
  • Upknee needs to be a legitimate wakeup move. This move gets stuffed for no reason. It's a shoryuken that can be poked out of on wake up. :confused:

That's all I can think of really.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Perhaps on the dagger cancel speed. 5 seems really fast, maybe 7 or 8. She should be as fast as anyone else, not faster since she can dash out, which is an advantage.

11 frame F4 might also be good. That or buff standing 1 to hit Mid. Buffing her normals should be done with caution, lest she become too powerful. Though she is still the most execution heavy character in the game, so maybe that would be ok.

She can't still block when she dashes out of it, but i agree here, 7 its a good number.

I suggested 11 on F4 to give her a legit AA only, her game would remain basically unchanged, and every skarlet would put a hell of a read to punish a D1 (-13 on block) with F4.

In general with the damage buff on daggers you suggested it would be nice really, her zoning would actually be respected.
Her reset would be around 37 % or 38% with the dagger buff.

We wouldn't even need the good old 2 specials in 1 Red Dash move (slide/Slash). Tough i think this would make such a technical and fine add in Mk10 if it could only be used with a bar and the slide into followups to xcale her damage to not look broken.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Baraka: Faster recovery on blade spark. 8-9 frame standing 1. Blade spin works like it did on MKvsDC but scales damage. Standing 4, D4, and F4 possible after chop chop again. 2,2,1+2, faster and can't be ducked out of. F4 special cancelable again "F4 chop chop or spin ends a combo.". Chop chop auto corrects again, and isn't as negative on block, but is still punishable. B2,1 still hella negative on block, but B2,1,F1 is slightly plus on block and has push back.

:D

Ninj

She can't still block when she dashes out of it, but i agree here, 7 its a good number.

I suggested 11 on F4 to give her a legit AA only, her game would remain basically unchanged, and every skarlet would put a hell of a read to punish a D1 (-13 on block) with F4.

In general with the damage buff on daggers you suggested it would be nice really, her zoning would actually be respected.
Her reset would be around 37 % or 38% with the dagger buff.

We wouldn't even need the good old 2 specials in 1 Red Dash move (slide/Slash). Tough i think this would make such a technical and fine add in Mk10 if it could only be used with a bar and the slide into followups to xcale her damage to not look broken.
As a fan of the character, I would love to link a slash off a red slide again. But it would make her far too strong. The combos she could get.... it'd just be too much.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As a fan of the character, I would love to link a slash off a red slide again. But it would make her far too strong. The combos she could get.... it'd just be too much.

whispers in the hear "Damage Xcaling bro, damage xcaling!"

i really do hope they add that as an actual balanced move in MK10, even if that was a glitch, it was hella creative at some point.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
I'll make each bullet fired from Strykers gun do 50% because I want to experience Stryker being good...then again I have the old MKs where hes good. Oh well.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would mod GGA 16 Bit Body and face into Kitana
With full quotes and trash talk... the popoff after winning... this would be epic.

First and foremost, remove the input bug and meter drain glitches.

I would give Sub-Zero back his ground freeze reset... that shit was too gdlk and he needs it.

Jade would get hit confirm overhead staff from standing 12... and standing 3 would have more range.

Ermac EX teleport hits mid and has advantage like Scorpion's.

Baraka would recover faster from blade spark and you can 2-in-1 all specials except blade fury from f4. Sweep comes out faster.

Sindel can 2-in-1 scream from standing 4 again (remove infinite)... and cartwheel is -5 on block up from -7 so she is not full combo punished by 6-frame moves.

Smoke's OTG removed... also projectile parry will have more startup.

Noob's zoning will recover faster so he can actually zone outside of full screen... xray damage reduced slightly. EX teleport now ground bounces for a combo. Also full invincibility on up knee as a wakeup attack.

Kano knives returned to normal... ball given a fucking sound effect (lol)... additional ball motion added alongside UFDB (BF motion). Some normals recover faster (212) so he doesn't feel so damn clunky.

Cage f3 to be -2 instead of 0.

Kenshi spirit charge has more recovery and full combo punished up close. EX spirit charge builds less meter on block and has a few frames less advantage. Overhead sword active hitbox slightly shortened to make it easier to dodge on a read. (come at me bro)

Mileena... you can dash out of the second kick of EX Telekick if the first one is blocked with all characters.

Shang Tsung has one frame more recovery on close ground skull so characters with slower normals have a better chance of poking out of f4 pressure.

Sonya EX cartwheel more negative on block. Range on d4 very slightly reduced.

Cyber Sub-Zero's teleport works exactly the same as Cyrax's how it leaves behind a hitbox that forces a block animation on his opponent's attack if timed correctly. EX teleport and freeze both have much faster startup.

Kabal now has a height restriction on iAGB. Standing 2 has slightly less block advantage.

Cyrax... lol how do you fix a leaky boat?

Kung Lao EX teleport armor extension glitch removed.

I cannot comment on Skarlet, Rain, or Freddy as I have no real knowledge of the characters.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
1. I would remove some background objects from stages to reduce lag​
2. Make the no blood code the default! (sounds easy to do, should be standard).​
3. I would make classic music the default (because I turn off the music and play my own anyways)​
4. I would include a web link to how to forward the ports on routers, optimize your internet connection and how to optimize your video card for performance (unless you have a PC that has 2*the capability of the recommended hardware)​
5. I would remove courtyard from the game​

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Srsly, pc version is coming soon, we need to choose the final version and people/a person to mod it. Everyone have their own ideas, we really need the final version.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I hope there's a team that's good w/ scripting, sound, modeling, skinning, animating, particle effects, testing, and optionally level design xD that's super high optimism though lol.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I would combine mk9 top players w the game

I would mod GGA 16 Bit Body and face into Kitana

GGA Dizzy as cage

Perfect Legend as Lao

Death as some bald monk in the back of the garden

REO face would be the new IAGB

Sub zero would officially be Tom Brady face and when he loses you hear "Mannnnnnn" and anytime he freezes someone in the corner it would say "Welcome to SHORYUKEN'S PRISON"

I would make GGA pimpimjim sektor costume 2 and he would head bang when he shoots missles

I would make Sonya into GamerBlake90

I would buff Sheeva for jeremiah and give her stomp cancels and make overthing she does an overhead or low

I would make Cyrax self destruct anytime he opened his chest
You need to put my face on Mileenas boobs

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
OMG, this thread is an atrocity... People suggesting buffs for Noob ? Sub-Zero ?
So far the only reasonable change was suggested is to give Baraka dildos instead of blades so he can 10-0 vs females.

Error

DF2+R2
OMG, this thread is an atrocity... People suggesting buffs for Noob ? Sub-Zero ?
Not sure if sahcasm.

Didn't see anything for Nightwolf

F3 a low

B2 an overhead

Faster start-up on or increase cancel advantage of D1 to remove the gap between D1xx Hatchet

Hatchet 0 on block

Ex Hatchet +4 on block

Sweep is safer on block/whiff

More range on B1 string

F312? special cancel-able

Arrow's either come out faster or hit mid