What's new

How to play Robo Smoke on MK3 PC version?

I know that i must type 666 (or 0666) in command line after mk3.exe but this dont work :( maybe because i have other version or smth? (id ont have mk3.exe only mk3w.exe)

dreemernj

Ambassador
UMK3Player said:
I know that i must type 666 (or 0666) in command line after mk3.exe but this dont work :( maybe because i have other version or smth? (id ont have mk3.exe only mk3w.exe)
MK3 for DOS and MK3 for Windows are completely different games. When codes are listed online they are usually for MK3 DOS. It sounds like you have MK3 Windows. Try looking up what the code was for PSX. MK3 Windows is probably the same as that.

That is correct the Windows MK3 codes are same as PSX

Rotate controller clockwise at first opening screen, then enter ultimate kombat code.

run, hkX6,lpX6,lkX9

From this Point on, Smoke is at your Control!

dreemernj

Ambassador
CorrezZio said:
Their was a seperate Windows release of MK3? Never knew that...
Yeah, Windows MK3 is a port of PSX. DOS MK3 is it's own unique version (and a damn good version too).

ZAQ

Noob
dreemernj said:
CorrezZio said:
Their was a seperate Windows release of MK3? Never knew that...
Yeah, Windows MK3 is a port of PSX. DOS MK3 is it's own unique version (and a damn good version too).
Wouldn't this be a good place to start by making a new MK game? Couldn't you just decompile it and alter the code fairly easily.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I always wondered how the PC versions were, I hear they're bad for the most part.

I think I'd rather stick with a console version personally though.

dreemernj

Ambassador
DOS mk3 was the best port of an mk game for a while. Better than snes, genisis, psx, saturn, or n64 ports of mk games. Definately better than windows.

Decompiling the game is beyond my abilities. As farbas I know, you'd end up with assembly. And thats no fun.

MKF30

Ohh, cool. What about control configuration?

I definitely wouldn't use a Keyboard, it's just not made for fighting games.

But they do sell controllers for PC right?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Not sure. I use keyboard because a good keyboard is better than just about any other controller for fighting games :-D

It might have some limited built in support for controllers, but chances are Joy2Key would be needed. Thats a program that translates gamepad button presses to keyboard presses so you can still use controllers with games that are only programmed to handle keyboards.

There are a ton of controllers for PC.

I'll have to dig MK3 DOS up again and try out various things to see if it's got any gameplay breaks. I never noticed anything before.

MKF30

dreemernj said:
Not sure. I use keyboard because a good keyboard is better than just about any other controller for fighting games :-D

It might have some limited built in support for controllers, but chances are Joy2Key would be needed. Thats a program that translates gamepad button presses to keyboard presses so you can still use controllers with games that are only programmed to handle keyboards.

There are a ton of controllers for PC.

I'll have to dig MK3 DOS up again and try out various things to see if it's got any gameplay breaks. I never noticed anything before.
Ha, ha :p I would like to say sir I highly disagree with the keyboard theory but respect your view dude. 8) Personally, I think the keyboard out of all the forms of control configuration is the worst.

I always prefer a GOOD D-pad(not 360's or PS2's) with perfectly mapped arcade accurate buttom layout. Example, SNES's had a perfect feel to it IMO. Even the way the plug in TV was set up with arcade MK 1 accurate button layout with block in the middle I liked that lol. My second pick would be a joystick which is smooth also, then anything else, then keyboard dead last for me lol.

I would get soo owned in any MK game with a keyboard like nobody's business ....lol I don't even like them for shooters but learned over time that the mouse and keyboard is indeed a lot more smoother then a controller ever could be.

That's why I'm curious to play Metroid Prime 3 for wii, I hear it's smooth and good as ever. Unfortunately though I don't have a wii yet... :(

My friend does however.

I think my friend has a logitech controller for the PC when he plays his MAME SF games, he showed me the rainbow edition the other day that I played years ago in the arcade...it's the hacked version of SF II turbo...funny stuff :lol:

Know what I'm talking about? btw hope you feel better, you said you were in bed with a cold the other day or something.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Iori9 said:
Wow, never though of that, but it would be cool though if it saved.
Gameshark anyone?
Yea, I wondered if it worked and if it saved. I am gonna get a new PSP soon, and I was hoping to try that before I traded the old fat boy in. 8)

MKF30

Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem because gameshark works with the PSP.

There's codes for MKU for psp, I'm sure there's codes for MAT2 8)