How to play P2P. Being able to connect to everyone. (Hamachi)

Discussion in 'Platform and Controller Help' started by Birkin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Birkin

Birkin New Member

First download and install the newest version of Hamachi. There is no need to register for anything.

http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/download

1. You will be prompted to chose an username.
    2. You will be prompted to join a network

The network you will join is "classic mk" with no quotes, and the password will be 1234.

You can see all the people who have joined that network, along with their IP and your IP. Now, next time you want to play P2P you will simply enter the IP shown in Hamachi's network (the one you or they were assigned). So for example, if little Billy is hosting, simply enter his IP at the connect screen on the P2P client and play. It's that simple.

This is useful for people who couldn't previously connect by P2P and have a bad ping in God-Weapon kaillera server. The gameplay will be smoother (less random lag spikes) and there is little to no chance of getting desynched.

Credits: Yamanayajajerayajaraja
  2. wazz

wazz Top Kontributor

How to play P2P. Being able to connect to everyone.

jus wondering. will the port forwardin b nesscary if u do this hamchi thing

am p2p ready so this hamachi aint 4 me
  3. Yamaraja

Yamaraja New Member

Nah that's the point of Hamachi so you don't have to worry about port forwarding and all that other bullshit. It does it for you. Anyways if it already works for ya then don't worry about it. But we should all be able to play p2p in tourneys now.

you need the same kaillera version as the other person too btw
  4. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Active Member

Trust me, just try it out at least. Everyone should be able to connect using this, not just with a select few. When Birkin and I played with this it was practically offline.
  5. ZAQ

ZAQ Site Admin Staff Member

p2p is better if you can use it. If you can't connect using p2p, use this and p2p will be a lot easier, and almost anyone can connect with p2p.

Dreamcatcher and I have a bad connection on gw, but when we used this we at least got some pretty decent windows of a good connection.
  6. iammud

iammud Member

Hamachi is awesome!

I created 4 more networks for hamachi

classic mk1
    classic mk2
    classic mk3
    classic umk3

all use the 1234 passwords

This way we know what games the users are looking to play. We can use this as a replacement for the "waiting for games" feature in p2p since no one really uses it...
  7. Dreamcatcher

Why did we need 4 more? It doesn't lag like a server.
  8. iammud

iammud Member

The way I look at it is this application can also be used for matchmaking. Since it has chat, and the other features, it's perfect for this. However, since "classic mk" covers 4 of the games supported in mame, why not have 4 specific networks for each game? It can be a place to idle, and show yourself as available for that specific game. I wanted an mk2 specific network, so I decided to make all 4.

IDK bout you guys, but I'm looking at this thing as a blessing, as I'm sick of giving out my aim/msn screennames to random people I don't know...
  9. Dreamcatcher

I agree, good thinking.
  10. wazz

wazz Top Kontributor

this hamachi is awsome. i followed Birkins instructions very well. the best thing he can connect 2 me and i can connect 2 him on p2p. every1 shud get this asap if they play on kaiilera. imo this is better than p2p
  11. Tim Static

Tim Static ULTRAAAA KOMBO Staff Member

Sticky this, Zaq :D
  12. R.E.O.

R.E.O. www.twitter.com/MK_REO Premium Supporter

i got this working and everything. but when im playing against someone and i go to hit end to block(cause the set up i use to play umk3 on keyboard uses end for block) the message log keeps popping up and its basically unplayable. tab doesnt work for some reason when i try to edit the settings, so is there another way to edit the controls on mame without tab?
  13. iammud

iammud Member

It sounds like you rebound your key. Delete the default.cfg, this should reset your controls.

If you're running on windows vista/7, and your tab key was missing at install, you need a cfg editor like CFG Magician or something similar.
  14. R.E.O.

R.E.O. www.twitter.com/MK_REO Premium Supporter

thanks. i deleted the file and was able to edit the controls
  15. Dreamcatcher

I used to have similar problems with the keyboard but I'm not sure how I fixed it. I got a controller so I stopped worrying...
  16. wazz

wazz Top Kontributor

Can som1 tell me wat the green and blue colour spots mean. also what does Direct tunnel and relayed tunnel mean

Edit I think i found the answers

17. iammud

iammud Member

These networks are limited to 16 users per network. So PLEASE start logging off from the networks when you quit. As it is, I'm going to start having to evict people (already have been, sorry guys).
  18. Dreamcatcher

My bad. I actually knew that ahead of time too lol.
  19. wazz

wazz Top Kontributor

u mite azwell take me off hamachi. I don't use it anymore I uninstalled it ages. Has normal p2p works fine wit me when I host
  20. CLSUBZERO

CLSUBZERO New Member

I have hamachi running and mame32 0.64 but how can i see if someone is hosting? when i log on to "classic umk3 " server i see a couple off people online, i can ping them,but when i enter there ipadress in kaillera nothing happens.
    only "connecting" nothing else.
  21. Remz

Remz MK Kaillera Server Owner

Everytime I try to connect to a network it says it's full.
  22. fragtality

fragtality New Member

same here, I guess back to kaillera?
  23. Dreamcatcher

Um...you can make your own. It's really easy.
  24. GoldenOreos

GoldenOreos Arcade Tech Staff Member

i made a new network

network-classicmk.com
    pass-1234
  25. Gematria

Gematria Member

I think i connected to it last night without a password and there was only 2 people in there, neither playing MK. Btw my ping was thru the roof! lol but what is hamachi?