What's new

How to make the Flip Stance useful

Since my last thread got deleted for unknown reasons.. (Hopefully this thread is acceptable, since this is what I actually wanted the conversation to be about)

What does everyone think about making the flip stance button something you could press to enter your commands backwards or simply, the button would fire off whatever input you make backwards?

ie. I could input Sub Zeros freeze but instead of forward firing Sub would turn around and shoot the freeze behind him? It could be used to anticipate certain moves/jump ins/etc..

Saint

Noob
Flip stance is already useful against seasoned players in the sense that they see your character moving and can predict it as a move, say hellfire as scorpion.

I really dont understand that. Youre telling me they use it to bait moves? Can you show me a video where this is actually used to any real degree?

C'mon man.. Its useless. We should be able to input our commands backwards instead of relying on the funky auto-correct.

I really dont understand that. Youre telling me they use it to bait moves? Can you show me a video where this is actually used to any real degree?

C'mon man.. Its useless. We should be able to input our commands backwards instead of relying on the funky auto-correct.
its only use is to stare as a female's ass

Altaire

Noob
The stance switch button should've just been the command for EX moves in the first place, instead of making it special input + block. It'd be a hell of a lot more ergonomic than what we have now.

Shady

Noob
Some of Sonya's combos are stance dependent, so I'm told (both you and opponent must be turned the same way). I think, now, I'm not sure, but I think it's for her military stance cancel into jump and dive kick to keep the combo going. Someone told me that, but I'm not consistent enough with it in practice yet to confirm or deny, and considering my disk cracked I might not be able to for a while :(.

I heard some combos are stance specific but I think that is a design error rather than something they implemented.

I would just love to be able to pull my moves off in both directions as an anticipatory move. Which way am I gonna attack Mr Sir and or Madam teleport character. You never know! :)

leek

Noob
The stance switch button should've just been the command for EX moves in the first place, instead of making it special input + block. It'd be a hell of a lot more ergonomic than what we have now.
I actually like that idea. Say you hold down the button, and whatever specials come out would have been ex moves you know? Instead of having to time the block correctly and messing up every once in a while.

A lot of things in the game are stance specific. Cage comboing into sweep requires him facing the screen, Kung lao's 2,4 spin will whiff if the opposing character is in the opposite stance(lao facing the camera, X facing the background), someone posted a thread earlier about Noob Saibots sliding clone hitting about 6 frames later if the opponents back was facing the camera, making it safer(opponent is hit later, stagger is longer while you recover the same amount of time.) and the using one of the stances to use B+121~ex-slide as a block string mixup, and if you dashed at a specific time you could dodge wakeups because the opponent is facing the wrong way or something.

Point being there is a lot of things that are stance specific in this game, even though NRS had specifically stated that it was merely aesthetic.

Why

Noob
You can bait moves by mashing the stance button to make your opponent think you're trying to mash out an xray, that's one use. Also, I'm not sure about this, but most if not all xrays happen with character facing the screen, they automatically flip stance before xray if they need to. Not sure if flipping stance beforehand will make the xray a couple of frames faster if the character doesn't need to auto-flip?