What's new

How to fight [insert character] with Sektor?

Hello guys, I would like to create a place where we can post what works and what doesn't work against certain characters, and hopefully improve Sektor's outcome in matches.

I have a hard time fighting Raiden and Kitana. Also, a friend started using Kenshi and I find it too hard to fight him.

Any tips on these match-ups?

If you guys have problems with other characters, please share it.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Raiden gives me a lot more trouble than Kitana. If I beat a Raiden it means I was patient. And I'm normally not.

Kitana, when played full screen, can be beat out. You can kill her zoning with iaTU.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
We should move this discussion to the sektor matchup thread that's stickied at the top! =P just a suggestion so we dont have to search around for different info and it's all in one thread.

ryublaze

Noob
I have already posted this in the matchup thread but I think I was ignored.

Sektor's 1 is the fastest jab in the game, which means he can punish Raiden's teleport almost every time with a full combo...well at least I'm able to punish it. If you block a superman, you can punish with F4, 3, TU (not exactly sure now because patches might have changed how far away Raiden gets pushed back on block). If not, then you can punish with a regular TU.

For Kitana, iTU would definitaley be a good choice to punish her fans. You can also use Up Missiles. I believe you can punish her Square Boost with b2 when she lands or a very well timed TU. If you want to do Up Missile enders, I made a topic that lists what to do for each character's wake-up attacks (still in progress). End combos with F4, In Front UM or just In Front UM then block. If you don't, you can end with Flame Burner since she has a wide variety of wake-up attacks.

I haven't fought too many Kenshis but I believe that rushing him down is a good idea. If you want, you can bait his relect by firing a missile, and use a TU once you see him reflect. Dash blocking is good since Sektor's dash is pretty fast.

Sektor's 1 is the fastest jab in the game, which means he can punish Raiden's teleport almost every time with a full combo...well at least I'm able to punish it. If you block a superman, you can punish with F4, 3, TU (not exactly sure now because patches might have changed how far away Raiden gets pushed back on block). If not, then you can punish with a regular TU.
I knew the trick with F4 after blocking superman, and it still works. It actually works wonders with pretty much everyone that goes into a spinning state after blocking a certain attack. If the standing 1 is as fast as you say, then hopefully I can punish Raiden more easily after a teleport. But from what I remember, I always had many problems fighting Raidens that go teleporting, then crossover jump. If I can predict that Raiden is going to teleport, then Neutral Jump Punch does the trick (njp, f4,4, tu, combo), but is hard to tell, and it’s dangerous since he can superman you easy if you jump.

For Kitana, iTU would definitaley be a good choice to punish her fans. You can also use Up Missiles. I believe you can punish her Square Boost with b2 when she lands or a very well timed TU. If you want to do Up Missile enders, I made a topic that lists what to do for each character's wake-up attacks (still in progress). End combos with F4, In Front UM or just In Front UM then block. If you don't, you can end with Flame Burner since she has a wide variety of wake-up attacks.
I saw your list and I found it very helpful. I really want you to finish it. Do you recommend ending combos with flame or with a UM set-up? I knew most of the things you posted, except the b2 after square boost. Sometimes, Kitana will get hit with a UM while doing that move, and I would do a combo with 1, dashf, 1,2 tu. Also, something I noticed is that if she tries a fan-lift, you can hit b2 and if your range is close enough, you can hit her with it and do a combo (b2, tu, b2,1, b3,4, tu). I thought it was weird since you can see the whole air coming from the ground but it does hit her and the whole lifting gets canceled. It is risky, but I did manage to do it like 3 times in a match, and after that the Kitana had to stop doing it.

I haven't fought too many Kenshis but I believe that rushing him down is a good idea. If you want, you can bait his relect by firing a missile, and use a TU once you see him reflect. Dash blocking is good since Sektor's dash is pretty fast.
The main problem I have with Kenshi is that when it starts spamming, it is really hard for me to do anything. A good Kenshi won’t reflect everything thrown at them, so you got to be careful with UM lures. Also, the UM is slow, so I would get hit with his TK attacks before the missile would come out. The dash/block didn’t work for me, since when I get close, he would hit me with a TK Tackle and I’m back at Full-screen.
I’m pretty sure that is just me lacking experience against him, since I got hit by his low kick combo starter all the times. I know that after some more practice I will be able to fight him properly.

Thanks for your input RedRaptor!!!

Also, the UM is slow, so I would get hit with his TK attacks before the missile would come out.
The Up Missile animation makes Tele-Flurry wiff if it's done on reaction. You can also just duck it, like all projectiles.

I find treating tackle like Noob's clones is a good way of getting in. They're good for keeping someone out, but not getting someone out since it's very punishable if done up close. It's usually a safe bet to expect one on wakeup as well.

Just practice dash-cancles and getting in on anyone isn't really a huge issue anymore. If you're getting caught by tackles, then you're doing it wrong.

Just practice dash-cancles and getting in on anyone isn't really a huge issue anymore. If you're getting caught by tackles, then you're doing it wrong.
You are probably right. Maybe I just got freaked out since I never really fought a Kenshi before. I bet that with more practice, Kenshi won't be such a big trouble.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I don't have much experience against Kitana, but any character with a low hitbox will always be an issue for Sektor. I try to out zone her and poke at her from a distance that is more suited for Sektor (a little outside sweep) with b1 and f2.

Kenshi is a joke; one of Sektor's best match ups. Cross him up all you want and from a range throw out a ton of up missiles since he can't reflect them back at you. Every once in a while check with him with a normal one. Mix up your low starter and 1,2 ~ 1,2,b1 strings. Here is a video from Test Your Rage tournament last weekend against Blackula, one of the best Kenshi's out there.

ryublaze

Noob
Do you recommend ending combos with flame or with a UM set-up?
Idk I think it depends. Looking at Reptile's and Jade's wake-up attacks, it is probably best to finish off with Flame Burner against them. For Scorpion though, his wake-up attacks can be punished easily.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't have much experience against Kitana, but any character with a low hitbox will always be an issue for Sektor. I try to out zone her and poke at her from a distance that is more suited for Sektor (a little outside sweep) with b1 and f2.

Kenshi is a joke; one of Sektor's best match ups. Cross him up all you want and from a range throw out a ton of up missiles since he can't reflect them back at you. Every once in a while check with him with a normal one. Mix up your low starter and 1,2 ~ 1,2,b1 strings. Here is a video from Test Your Rage tournament last weekend against Blackula, one of the best Kenshi's out there.

Love the ex missle to hike the leg ender

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I have already posted this in the matchup thread but I think I was ignored.

Against a good kenshi he can zone better than you can and nullify your zoning with his counter.

I play aggresively against him and pressure him with up missiles, considering kenshi knows theres a rocket inbound he isnt sure whether to counter or try and fight you off, once you're in stay in an be careful about his wakeups :p

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
mileena is the only character i really fear playing as sektor i feel like im restricted to using to using D4 flame as everything misses her rediculous hitbox

mileena is the only character i really fear playing as sektor i feel like im restricted to using to using D4 flame as everything misses her rediculous hitbox
With Mileena, I usually block high most of the times, since I don't recall most of her combos starting low. Also, when she Tele-kicks, sais and stays gliding up there, I just Uppercut her out of the sky and make her think twice of doing that again. I only go for big combos if she makes a mistake like rolling, which you can block and punish with F4, 4.

SwiftTomHanks & Ketchup, thanks for your input. I see that I got to try "new" things with Kenshi. I'm supposed to fight my Kenshi friend again today in a ranbat, so I'll see how that goes.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
How do you beat Noob as Sektor??
There's this one thats giving me real trouble!

>:}
I wish I have had a chance to play against Hito more; but I don't think Noob is a bad match up for Sektor. Their zoning is rather similar in that both projectiles knock down - resting trades or giving an advantage if one person makes contact. I would recommend staying ontop of Noob, since while both characters zoning ability even out; that's not the case with up close combat - Sektor's is much better. Also look into cornering Noob, his ways out are very unsafe; then mix in Sektor's amazing corner game.

Idk I think it depends. Looking at Reptile's and Jade's wake-up attacks, it is probably best to finish off with Flame Burner against them. For Scorpion though, his wake-up attacks can be punished easily.
I meant against Kitana. I know that in general, it all depends about what is going on.

Also, thanks to everyone about Raiden. Yesterday I felt really comfortable fighting Raidens after you guys told me the whole thing with Sektor's 6 frame standing 1 to counter a random teleport. It did wonders.

Kenshi, on the other hand, I did manage to win a few rounds/matches (even did a flawless victory) but I still don't feel that comfortable. Like Ketchup said, his zoning is much better and you got to be super close to have any advantages. His combat is not the best, but he has a sick range because of his sword. I'll keep trying my best and see what happens. But for now, I can't see how you guys say Sektor has the advantage.