What's new

Question How to EX Kancel using a Kontroller? The frustration within :mad: (with video kommentary)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
by the directions shown the bottom left alone it shows you're not even inputting the moves the same. You're missing at least 1 direction on each special at the end of the string. It may be the way you hold the controller or how you get ready to cancel. If you take a sec and don't mash it out you'll get it more often then not.

Reactions: zee

zee

Icy
Can you cancel into regular specials just fine without the EX? If not, then here are a couple tips:
  • Cancel quicker. For example if you're trying to do 1,2,3 ~ bf4 with Sub-Zero, try inputting 1,2,3,4 at the same consistent rate with a quick b,f before the 4. Same idea applies to all specials -- you can try cancelling b1,2 into db1 with Cryomancer.
  • For EX in particular, always input block before the required attack button. For slide, this would be b,f,block,4.
This technique was prominently used with Kung Lao's EX Teleport in MK9. To do it with 100% consistency, the input commonly used was d, block, u. I hope this helps.

im gonna give these tips a try but personally i noticed the same sloppy inputs during regular ex moves as i did when trying to Kancel into EX Kombos. Thus the frustration in the konsistancy with which they happen

I can EX any special 95/100 times, I can link any special 80/100, but i can only EX Link maybe 5/100 times

there must be a kombo that would be better to practice my execution on than any other Kombo. Like Jwong said in his stream last night "Once you 'get' one kharacter or one thing, you can 'get' them all'

Can you cancel into regular specials just fine without the EX? If not, then here are a couple tips:
  • Cancel quicker. For example if you're trying to do 1,2,3 ~ bf4 with Sub-Zero, try inputting 1,2,3,4 at the same consistent rate with a quick b,f before the 4. Same idea applies to all specials -- you can try cancelling b1,2 into db1 with Cryomancer.
  • For EX in particular, always input block before the required attack button. For slide, this would be b,f,block,4.
This technique was prominently used with Kung Lao's EX Teleport in MK9. To do it with 100% consistency, the input commonly used was d, block, u. I hope this helps.
its does help on a level of understanding but when it comes to execution it just doesnt kompute.

You'll notice there's one(and just one) instance where the input and timing is nearly perfect for a 1,1 EX Slide but nothing happens

@J360 ill keep practicing but i've been at it for quite a while in this video. we'll see how well muscle memory has kommitted itself tomorrow. I suppose I do mash but the windows for kanceling seem soo much smaller than MK9 i try to input as quick as possible. Sub's 1,1,1 cryomancer combo has to be done at lightspeed for example

Perhaps sometime someone from the kommunity would be willing to take me to the dojo? I have a local privately organized tourney on may 1st that i'd like to dominate with Goro so i do need some practice. Im a fairly kapable player im defo not shite :p

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
im gonna give these tips a try but personally i noticed the same sloppy inputs during regular ex moves as i did when trying to Kancel into EX Kombos. Thus the frustration in the konsistancy with which they happen

I can EX any special 95/100 times, I can link any special 80/100, but i can only EX Link maybe 5/100 times

there must be a kombo that would be better to practice my execution on than any other Kombo. Like Jwong said in his stream last night "Once you 'get' one kharacter or one thing, you can 'get' them all'

its does help on a level of understanding but when it comes to execution it just doesnt kompute.

You'll notice there's one(and just one) instance where the input and timing is nearly perfect for a 1,1 EX Slide but nothing happens

@J360 ill keep practicing but i've been at it for quite a while in this video. we'll see how well muscle memory has kommitted itself tomorrow. I suppose I do mash but the windows for kanceling seem soo much smaller than MK9 i try to input as quick as possible. Sub's 1,1,1 cryomancer combo has to be done at lightspeed for example

Perhaps sometime someone from the kommunity would be willing to take me to the dojo? I have a local privately organized tourney on may 1st that i'd like to dominate with Goro so i do need some practice. Im a fairly kapable player im defo not shite :p

Oh i forgot to mention that this game actually takes hit stun into consideration, so as long as you do the special move during the normal, even at the end of it, it will combo. As opposed to mk9 where you had to dial it all in early. Try it out!

RainMK9

Noob
Also watch out, if you input any directional input after a special move the special move simply will not come out. There was a video on it.
so as long as you do the special move during the normal, even at the end of it, it will combo. As opposed to mk9 where you had to dial it all in early. Try it out!
And I don't know about that