What's new

Question How to defeat Kung Lao?

So I have been playing with my brother a very solid Kung Lao player and playing about 25 games I could only beat him about 5 games. I feel like Rain should have the tools to defeat Kung Lao but it doesnt go the way you plan.

When he teleports I try down 1 to full combo to get around 40% but sometimes the 1 doesnt connect and the instant 3 gets me.... And Rains uppercut is ubber slow

Doing a lighting or bubble in this match out of combos is just asking to get raped...

I also find the down hat hard to punish.....

Any advise on how to defeat the master rapist Kung Lao?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
This is a really hard MU for Rain, to be honest you can't do to much. the match is like a huge mind game really

I just trying to get Lao to do something i can blow up, and take as much damage i can, EX bubble is really nice for matches like this.

its hard to roundhouse pressure Lao because he can spin every RH if he wants, i normally start off the round like i don't even care about the spin, and then once he starts spinning your pressure to much, bait it and take 50%

i just uppercut the teleport, the d1 timing is hard, especial online ( I'm guessing that your playing offline tho? ), but if you just uppercut the teleport everytime, that will simply up the match a bit IMO

i think lighting is only useful when trading with low hat, I also like using it bait out dive kicks and things too

hope this helps a little =/ Lao is a bitch to fight, a good one still blows me up

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
KL v Rain is a 5-5 matchup due to Rain being able to armor out of KL's strings and pressure. you can roundhouse tele, dive kicks and f3, so you limit alot of methods KL has to get in.

KL may be more mobile but ex roundhouse negates or blows up alot of his pressure.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
rain has a 50% midscreen? plz do tell o-o
JiP, 4, 3, bubble, upercut, dash, 4, 3, storm, RoundHouse, (4), 3, geyser. 50% meterless.

I don't know why people're still using 4, geyser at the end of a combo when we can get +1% easily just using 4, 3, geyser (4, 3, geyser needs to be done right after the RH throws the opponent, only 3, geyser will hit. The timing is also very easy).

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
JiP, 4, 3, bubble, upercut, dash, 4, 3, storm, RoundHouse, (4), 3, geyser. 50% meterless.

I don't know why people're still using 4, geyser at the end of a combo when we can get +1% easily just using 4, 3, geyser (4, 3, geyser needs to be done right after the RH throws the opponent, only 3, geyser will hit. The timing is also very easy).
Well damn, I've never even tried doing it like that. I usually just meter drain during that combo to get it to say 50%. Even though it's only 1% more it's so much more awesome when it gives you the big 50. I can't wait to get home and practice this. Good shit pimp.