What's new

Question How real is the Sodium Chloride?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
When I first started playing MK9 I used to lob my stick after long sessions against online Reptile.

I did break one PS2 controller because I spent HOURS in the lab perfecting a setup, online to have it not work online due to the shit netcode and people just not respecting ANYTHING lol.

Haven't done anything bad in a long time tho...I took a step back a long time ago.

When I get beat by stupid shit that only works online, I get mad. I just vent all my anger out by punching my legs as hard as I can for a good 30 seconds, they're actually bruised to shit right now lol. Been playin' some MK9 on PC, where jump-ins are FREE AS FUCK AND CAN'T BE NJP'D ON REACTION BECAUSE EVERYBODY ON THERE IS FROM LIKE SOUTH AFRICA AND HAS A SHIT CONNECTION. AND THEN I START TO WONDER IF SINCE EVERYBODY IS A LAGGY SOUTH AFRICAN, MAYBE I'M THE ONE WHO'S THE LAGGY AMERICAN. FUUU

Saltiest I tend to get is in certain matchups that are either bad in general or flatout atrocious due to lag online. Superman makes me hella salty for example either because I get bopped by his zoning and take ridiculous chip because I can't crouch and block correctly, or because he's able to dash in and get free F23 pressure because I can't poke him on reaction despite all my time in the lab showing me that I clearly can. Don't even get me started on how impossible manhunter is online. That fight feels practically unwinnable at times. To even have a slight chance in that fight I have to randomly throw out sky alert in the desperate hope of tagging them and getting in their head to make them just stop for one second so I can get something going.

Some characters like Doomsday or Grundy get me significantly less salty just because I recognize that I'm not playing the matchup as well as I can yet. I feel like I'm steadily improving in those at least, although it still sucks getting mauled by D1 earthshaker or not being able to reversal out of Grundy's setups soemtimes.

I don't ever send hatemail unless its a ragequiter or they send me hatemail first. Most I will ever do is not reply to someone who's beaten me who says "GGs". Sometimes I just can't bring myself to do it, especially if its a manhunter player. I don't rage on the mic unless I'm with a friend who I'm familiar enough with that they know I'm not always like that. I don't usually "rage" or scream profanities as much as I just go "Oh god.....maaaaaan....thats so stupid"

I'll spar with anyone, salty or not. Being salty is fine (within reason of course) because it means you're serious and you want to win. Its people who ragequit and giveup or don't want to work for it that I don't resepect.

9_Lives

Noob
My roommate rage quit against one of my favorite online training partners after losing a set on MY profile. XP

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I love getting hate mail. Especially when it looks something like this: " Fkn [ban incoming], get a life. I bet you spend all day on this game. Fkn spammer, only doing the same combo".
I never understood how I could spam" a combo... Ppl online are retarded sometimes. And I get salty when I lose to stupid stuff, I usually do the "ARRGGG!" sounds lol.
All this sounds exactly like me. Hearing them say I'm spamming a combo makes me laugh every time.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
When I get beat by stupid shit that only works online, I get mad. I just vent all my anger out by punching my legs as hard as I can for a good 30 seconds, they're actually bruised to shit right now lol. Been playin' some MK9 on PC, where jump-ins are FREE AS FUCK AND CAN'T BE NJP'D ON REACTION BECAUSE EVERYBODY ON THERE IS FROM LIKE SOUTH AFRICA AND HAS A SHIT CONNECTION. AND THEN I START TO WONDER IF SINCE EVERYBODY IS A LAGGY SOUTH AFRICAN, MAYBE I'M THE ONE WHO'S THE LAGGY AMERICAN. FUUU
MK9 on PC's netcode is worse than PSN's sadly

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Back when I played AE online I once killed a crappy ikea table with the corner of my stick because of losing streaks against online crap. My girlfriend came home saw the smashed table and I sheepishly explained that I got mad and made the first hole and then I figured why not go all the way and really disect the thing.

Nowadays I just get angry when I have to fight Sabrewulf in KI. It's just such a dumb character. When I lose to nothing but unsafe mixups I often rant at my opponent. I know it's my own fault for picking a character who loses badly to him when he is the metagame, but does he need the best backdash, the best forward dash, the best pokes, the best reversal and to be easy enough to use that a potted plant could get top 8s with him?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think I'm one of the few people in the community who takes off his shirt after a loss. Not that I can't handle losing, I just tend to overreact sometimes. I wonder how I'll act when I'm on stream.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The furthest I've gone to raging is shutting off my console flat-out. I don't rage hard, but I'm pretty salty sometimes. Usually just because of online.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
AE: DEFCON 1 Salt
UMvC3: DEFCON 2 Salt
Injustice: DEFCON 3 Salt
DOA5U: DEFCON 4 Salt
MK9: DEFCOM 5 Salt

MK9 on PC's netcode is worse than PSN's sadly
Definitely dude, however I have found a few people my connection agrees with, even good enough to do Kabal BnBs. If you play a lot you should add me and maybe our connections will see eye to eye. DuBBer KiiR is my I'D.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I get salty not from losing, but from people's bad attitudes. It's usually online warriors whom think that they are better than you. It's not just in the game though. They start on you on YouTube, at offline scenes, in different online forums, facebook, basically everywhere that they see you. Nasty arrogant little people who suffer from superiority complex who have no respect and take it much too far, to the point of cyber bulling in some cases. You cannot reason with them because they only respond to the stupid theology that the winner is the better player. Then when you thrash them they say.... "it's only a game". This type of "playa" ruins the FGC.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i don't normally get salty when i use flash unless i play someone online who outright disrespects my +frames and mashes and gets away with it. offline i got super salty at SJ vs jrosa, I mb f3 after a knockdown in the corner to WIN the game and play brady to make it out of pools but he alsodid a MB f3 on wake up and beat mine out and won it was like 3 seconds on the clock too. if i wasn't using @zaf pad at the time i would have thrown it across the room. i settle for punching the wall lol then after choking against KDZ in losers final i was probably the most emo guy in the room after getting 3rd place at a major lol i still to this day feel that salt everytime i look at my 3rd place medal imagining it could have been a 2nd or 1st place medal......ahh first world problems.

Not really a salt story, but I once faced a dude named DaJeebus online. He had his mic on, and as I was beating him, he kept complaining that you can't hit Jesus. He was right, so before I finished him off, I put my controller down, and sent him a message, "You're right. It's not cool to beat on Jesus". He then messaged me "Thanks bro".

I get really pissed when I play my brother and swear a whole lot and scream a lot. Then when he is done beating me and decides to quit I am like "hell no you gotta sit your ass down and play me and dont let me win!"

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Online, the ONLY thing I get salty about is the lag. That's why I pretty much don't play anything anymore. No time for offline, no patience for online.
Agreed. Nothing is worse then losing because of circumstances out of your control.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I don't really get salty, if I lose I rather look at what mistakes I made that cost me the match. I do however get frustrated at input errors at crucial moments. Need to sort that out sharpish

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I get genuinely angry when people see me pick Superman online and go straight to Sinestro. I just ring spam them to death with my fraudulent Zatanna.

zaf

professor
i don't normally get salty when i use flash unless i play someone online who outright disrespects my +frames and mashes and gets away with it. offline i got super salty at SJ vs jrosa, I mb f3 after a knockdown in the corner to WIN the game and play brady to make it out of pools but he alsodid a MB f3 on wake up and beat mine out and won it was like 3 seconds on the clock too. if i wasn't using @zaf pad at the time i would have thrown it across the room. i settle for punching the wall lol then after choking against KDZ in losers final i was probably the most emo guy in the room after getting 3rd place at a major lol i still to this day feel that salt everytime i look at my 3rd place medal imagining it could have been a 2nd or 1st place medal......ahh first world problems.
Thanks for not breaking my pad :)

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I only get salty when I'm alone. I'll whisper curses too myself and call everything they do cheap, even if it isn't. Online lag also gets me angry, since my secondary is Ares and his combos can be extremely picky online. When people are in the room with me though, I'm much more silent and relaxed.