What's new

How NetherRealm Studios Foresee's the Future of Gaming

I love Ed, but he obviously lives in an entirely different world, and whomever is telling him this stuff is either lying or trolling him.

That comment really makes me wanna apply my palm to my face.
Ed created arguably the most iconic & successful American video game franchise ever.. He's been doing this for 25+ years-- his work speaks for itself. You're acting like he's the village idiot that wander his way to heading up NRS... maybe your resume is better idk, but try to be more realistic in your criticisms.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ed created arguably the most iconic & successful American video game franchise ever.. He's been doing this for 25+ years-- his work speaks for itself. You're acting like he's the village idiot that wander his way to heading up NRS... maybe your resume is better idk, but try to be more realistic in your criticisms.
You obviously have a lot to learn about things that go on now. He isn't an idiot by any stretch, but decisions like this, a long with the entire 2000's serve as proof.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I think it's great not everyone goes to EVO and tournaments offline and the online crowd really is the ones that makes the game its money so the focus should be on them not the 3% that go play in tournaments offline. I watch ppl complain on here all the time about online and I have none of the problems you guys bitch about so w/e maybe you should upgrade your internet.
"That's a BINGO!!"

You obviously have a lot to learn about things that go on now. He isn't an idiot by any stretch, but decisions like this, a long with the entire 2000's serve as proof.

I have a lot to learn? What game studio are you the head of? please enlighten us all

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Ed created arguably the most iconic & successful American video game franchise ever..
John Tobias, not Boon. Tobias developed the detailed Mortal Kombat storylines and designed its classic characters... Boon was the programmer, thats all.

LockM

Noob
They better hire a new team to develop the netcode because they still can't get it right...with some other things which i won't go into.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
If online is the future then let NRS fix online contained in Injustice first. Do I have to remind once again about:
- problems with ragequiters(u get negative stats if someone rq on you)
- you can not check your own hero card
-sorting the list of players doess not work (or it works but no one knows in which way lol)

The game has two weeks and they not tempted to remedy such an important bugs. Yes Mr. Boon, online is the future and your company shows the way!
Go to bonus features and check your hero card there, it works.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
did you hear the new xbox requires a subscription along with a constant internet connection ? fuck that shit
Sounds like the new SimCity 5. Requiring a constant internet connection is a recipe for failure (and a big reason why I will opt for PS4 instead of Xbox720 or whatever they call it.)

tazzmission

Banned
Sounds like the new SimCity 5. Requiring a constant internet connection is a recipe for failure (and a big reason why I will opt for PS4 instead of Xbox720 or whatever they call it.)
i am avoiding next gen period. i have zero desire to continue gaming honestly and for me at least its just getting to expensive

plus if we thought the crashes for xbox were bad this gen just imagine how they will be for the first year or 2 for next gen for both systems

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
They say this, after screwing up the ranked system literally as badly as they could.
Ranked isn't really a social online experience.. King of the Hill and player matches are...

Ed Boon talks about online is the future.

MK9 and Injustice have the worst netcodes out of (nearly) all Fighting Games.

Good shit Ed.
Injustice is a vast improvement over MK9. They are klearly getting better..

Plus, Injustice's netcode is actually playable, you kan actually learn match ups through online.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Go to bonus features and check your hero card there, it works.
that displays different stats. your online stats cannot be viewed on your own hero card, ive yet to able to load my own hero card on ps3.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
What Boon says is the future for fighting games, is the present for other genres. Look at SC, LoL,and Call of Duty. MLG held online tournaments for all those games. They also tried it for MK and SCV. The FG community is always a step behind when it comes to expanding. Face facts, the number of offline tournament players is obsolete compared to online warriors/casual players. That group is the money maker and reason for updates and sequels.

Some people are disagreeing with Boon's statement, but most of those people will never travel to a major. This whole offline superiority complex is making a lot of folks blind and ignorant. Playing with friends offline will always be more fun, but remember, offline tournament players are the minority. Boon is right, it is the future.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Online tournaments would be a great way for more gamers to play competitively that do not have a scene in their area. IGUA has a descent netcode and I've experienced very little lag if any. Its either no lag or tons of lag (blames users' net). Online tournaments have to be taken with a grain of salt. Enjoy them for what they are as techincal diffculties will happen and be competitive but remember its not a major.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
i am avoiding next gen period. i have zero desire to continue gaming honestly and for me at least its just getting to expensive

plus if we thought the crashes for xbox were bad this gen just imagine how they will be for the first year or 2 for next gen for both systems
I could never fully retire from gaming. It's been ingrained in my blood since I was a little kid and will always be a part of me. That said, there are some groups that I will avoid like the plague because of their absurd business practices (Microsoft.)

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
I could never fully retire from gaming. It's been ingrained in my blood since I was a little kid and will always be a part of me. That said, there are some groups that I will avoid like the plague because of their absurd business practices (Microsoft.)
Microsoft and Apple thwart technology advances in many ways. Too many to list.

tazzmission

Banned
yea well same for me with gaming but i dont like where next gen is going at all

and microsoft isnt the only one who has shady buisness practices either so lets not start a console war. remember when ps3 had people credit cards and info stolen and sony said it wasnt a huge number but turned out it was larger that thought?

with the way next gen is shaping up for both systems you will probably see that more often and thats where i jump off

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
I watch ppl complain on here all the time about online and I have none of the problems you guys bitch about so w/e maybe you should upgrade your internet.

dude! in some countries like mine, just to get a decent internet connetion you have to sell your girlfriend just to have a no lag connetion,and if you want more seel your house.NOT ENUFF CASH STRANGER!!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
"But the really big thing for the future of fighting games is online, social interaction, and the competitive aspect of battling across the internet."

This is what killed Armored Core V. To much attention to online play and not enough single player.