What's new

How Mortal Kombat Turned My Life Around: A Thank You to the Community.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I can definitely relate. I've had some rough times during the past 5-10 years, none of which I care to discuss on a forum, but MK always gave me something to take my mind off things. Not to mention relate to others and connect me to my childhood.

In MK9's peak the community was really a major part of my life and I look forward to doing it again with MKX. Life is good at the moment and I've made major strides these past couple years in life in general. Nice to see others in the community doing the same. I hope we can all meet one day and party and kill eachother in video games and stuff.

Thanks for sharing your story Vagrant, that was awesome.

I identified myself a lot as I was reading your text. A few years ago I was having troubles with focus, and stuff like social interactions that I consider normal today was a nightmare to me in that time, I left school too when I was 15.

When I left school I started to play Acoustic Guitar and MK9, that two things really helped me to become better. Later on I went back to school again and finished it. I'm from Brazil by the way.

I found Test Your Might a few days ago and this forum seems awesome, can't wait for MK X to come out.

It's humbling to see posts like this. We've all been at a point in our lives when we felt fragile and alone. I try to keep my wits about me through the high's and the low's, even the darkest low's, but I remember waking up some morning's and asking myself "How am I going to get through this?"

People who have gone through dark times have a special appreciation for anything that resonates the "good" in life.

Thank you for sharing

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
one time i bodied you in ranked with nw, so i'd like to think i contributed to this new-found life of yours in some way.

i would never expect any thanks, from anybody I've ever bodied, as i'm sure my account would implode from all the pms that 99% of tym members would no doubt be sending me 24/7

Last edited:

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Good stuff bro. I wouldn't say I have the same story but I definitely have similar parts to my story that's in yours, so I know where your coming from. Yeah this community is awesome

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I can definitely relate. I've had some rough times during the past 5-10 years, none of which I care to discuss on a forum, but MK always gave me something to take my mind off things. Not to mention relate to others and connect me to my childhood.

In MK9's peak the community was really a major part of my life and I look forward to doing it again with MKX. Life is good at the moment and I've made major strides these past couple years in life in general. Nice to see others in the community doing the same. I hope we can all meet one day and party and kill eachother in video games and stuff.
One of my favourite memories was when I got to see you first meet @Jimmypotato lol you looked like a kid on Christmas.

Great write up man, mk has changed all our lives(one more reason it's better than injustice :p)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm touched by your life and how you've pulled through. This site is pretty amazing full of great people and lots of respect and love yo. I tip my hat of to you and yours and hope for the best for you. I don't even know you and I can relate in some ways. Maybe we all could but this site is so kool. I'm still very new to the site and this whole forum thing, very antisocial myself slowly getting out of it. But you sir you seem pretty cool. Good Luck brah.

Stay True.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
one time i bodied you in ranked with nw, so i'd like to think i contributed to this new-found life of yours in some way.

i would never expect any thanks, from anybody I've ever bodied, as i'm sure my account would implode from all the pms that 99% of tym members would no doubt be sending me 24/7
I know it's not my business, but please, tell me you're joking with that cockiness. :DOGE

RiverHB

Noob
@Vagrant Good read. And congratulations on turning your life around. My story doesn't mirror yours, but I know what it's like to go from hopeless to loving who I am. This site could use more posts like this.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Getting into competitive MK was definitely one of the highlights of high school for me (says a lot). I dont think my current good fortune is because of MK, but I still have to give props where props are due. Thanks TYM.

*Awesome story btw*

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
aww I love happy endings! :) Vagrant we actually have to play sometime one of these days. I think I've seen you walking through MCC but you always look really serious so i'm afraid to say hi lol

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Something similar happened to me while getting out of high school. I'll never stop playing fighting games because they helped me figure out life in general. Keep it up man and good stuff.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I stopped reading half way through. How did it end? If it's not a happy ending, then don't fucking tell me. I can't handle that shit right now. He's not dead, is he? Oh shit, don't tell me. I'm going to finish reading it.
Ohhhhhhhh fuck, has he been dead the whole time!? Wait, don't tell me, let me finish it!

Hades

Noob
Theres something about busting up skulls, snapping spinal cords and ripping out vital organs that seems to bring out the calm in us all. I have no way to describe it but behind all the salt, anger, frustration of mortal kombat is passion. The one thing that seems to unite us all as players and bring us together to a level of understanding. Sure we may come from multiple backgrounds, religions, ethnicities whatever. But one thing is for sure. We all know mortal kombat is sick as fuck and band together. Great read man, inspiring stuff. I needed this today, so thank you. Reading this meant more to me than you know :)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
That was actually very inspiring and had me thinking about my own life a bit, kudos to you sir, glad everything worked out for you after all. #TYMislife

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
@Vagrant that was a good read, glad to see you change your life around man. Its really cool to see how many lifes were changed by MK9, (Myself Included.)

Its almost like MK9 unlocked apart of our brain. This game was amazing in a sense where I meet with people on a local and long distance scene, you make new friends and see life in a different way.

MK9 will always be my favorite MK game just because of the sentimental value this game has brought me.