What's new

Question - Tanya How good is Tanya...really?

What is Tanya

• Total voters

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I see where your coming from, however I can't agree in the sense that it's fairly easy to see it coming. Unless your just jump happy I see no reason to be opened up by it. Block and pick a hole.

Or better yet use that GODLIKE Ice burst into a full combo.
Ice Burst is 1 bar for a max of 19%, is position dependant, and really high execution/tiny frame link depending on connect range. Not exactly what I'd call Godlike, or "full combo".

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Ice Burst is 1 bar for a max of 19%. Not exactly what I'd call Godlike, or "full combo".
Yet it can be used as a reversal, and despite it only getting up to 19%, which I don't believe, your still out of the vortex and can mount an offensive. Ah LA momentum shift which can be GODLIKE.

I call it godlike because it hits above, behind, and in front, and even if 19% is the max you can get off it as a combo starter then yes full combo it is. All full combos don't have to be 35-45%.

Death

Noob
Lol, OFCOURSE Tom wants an "adjustment" made to what makes Tanya unique. Fuck outta here...

Anyway...

I main Tanya (DN) and have fought many matches with her thus far. I'd say she's certainly not overrated and she's certainly not OP.

She has mix ups galore and she is full combo punishable galore. You can go yolo or play conservative/safe. She is somewhat meter dependent yet doesnt seem to struggle building it. She can fuck up oki with teleport and create havoc with her air mobility, yet an experienced player will catch on and blow it up. She has multiple highs, gaps in strings, and punishable specials.

She seems pretty balanced and has a slew of tools. I'd say shes high mid tier.

#10-15
This is a terrible post.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yet it can be used as a reversal, and despite it only getting up to 19%, which I don't believe, your still out of the vortex and can mount an offensive. Ah LA momentum shift which can be GODLIKE.
20% if you are willing to sacrifice wall carry and turn your frame advantage into a standing reset for 1%. Believe it. Hitbox is pretty godly though I'll give you that. I just think in comparison to other armored reversals, it's good but it's not godlike.

I call it godlike because it hits above, behind, and in front, and even if 19% is the max you can get off it as a combo starter then yes full combo it is. All full combos don't have to be 35-45%.
I don't think it's fair to call an armored launcher into 10% damage follow up because of gravity a full combo starter. You can follow it up with one specific ender, but thats about it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
My only concern is that the forward ex teleport is too much of an all purpose move.
Its a good move for sure, but it also costs a bar of meter.
Watch tonight's NLBC Finals. See how MIT completely destroyed SonicFox with her mobility. The mobility is too much, each air teleport should cost 1 bar of stamina.
Someone finally beats SonicFox and you want to nerf their character? Lol wut?

I could understand nerfing EX tele a little but the regular one? Her mobility is what makes her unique. People constantly bitch about setplay and now there is a character that combats it with good mobility and they want that nerfed? Doesnt make much sense to me.

SM StarGazer

20% if you are willing to sacrifice wall carry and turn your frame advantage into a standing reset for 1%. Believe it. Hitbox is pretty godly though I'll give you that. I just think in comparison to other armored reversals, it's good but it's not godlike.

I don't think it's fair to call an armored launcher into 10% damage follow up because of gravity a full combo starter. You can follow it up with one specific ender, but thats about it.
Wait..you can get a standing reset. Do you know how many characters would KILL for that. Hell I main Kitana and I'd take an Armored Reversal into ANY kind of damage that ulmately leads to a standing reset. Combine that with Cyro's better options and you got yourself some scary shit.

I agree the dmg off of an ex'd move should be greater. But none the less it's an option. Even better because, as you say, you can go wall carry, or standing reset which is very good. Might not be the best option but I'd bet my fourth testicle in a pinch you'd cry yourself to sleep out of purejoy that you had it. I would.

BTW it's nice to be able to chit chat with fellow fighters without screaming and name calling. My early TYM days are going smoothly. I've learned and am learning a lot. You all have my thanks for that.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Wow a character that can finally runaway. And she is endangered of being nerfed.

Anyways she is annoying as hell to fight. But I main kitana and everyone is annoying to fight.

And if you nefd her teleport to cost stamina you just nerfed her damage which is already average.

And y'all need to stop focusing nerfing. While there's still one character that needs to be buffed :DOGE

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Its a good move for sure, but it also costs a bar of meter.

Someone finally beats SonicFox and you want to nerf their character? Lol wut?

I could understand nerfing EX tele a little but the regular one? Her mobility is what makes her unique. People constantly bitch about setplay and now there is a character that combats it with good mobility and they want that nerfed? Doesnt make much sense to me.
The mobility was half the problem. MIT dominated SonicFox through frame traps and footsies. However, the mobility gave MIT a big edge over SFox, since the latter simply didn't get a chance to fight back.

So when Sonic Fox wins, normalize Sonic Fox. Erron Black is fine.

When Sonic Fox loses, MIT won because Tanya is broken.

Typical TYM double standard.
I hope you're talking in general, because I haven't asked for a single nerf for any character or have bitched about whatever small nerfs EB got.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The mobility was half the problem. MIT dominated SonicFox through frame traps and footsies. However, the mobility gave MIT a big edge over SFox, since the latter simply didn't get a chance to fight back.

I hope you're talking in general, because I haven't asked for a single nerf for any character or have bitched about whatever small nerfs EB got.
That is why Kobu Jutsu is so good lmao.

I didnt catch the match but I am skeptical to see how SonicFox handeled the teles. There are ways to punish but you have to be on point. I agree EX tele is a bit of a problem and will probably be toned down, but regular teles are fine as is.

SM StarGazer

I mean. 21122 bruh? Do you even?

Besides that I see how ex tele is an ANNOYANCE , but really ex stab the bitch. Slide under or hell yolo xray. Banned though right :)

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
That is why Kobu Jutsu is so good lmao.

I didnt catch the match but I am skeptical to see how SonicFox handeled the teles. There are ways to punish but you have to be on point. I agree EX tele is a bit of a problem and will probably be toned down, but regular teles are fine as is.
Fox managed to antiair MIT a few times and convert into damage, but in the end it wasn't enough.

I'm not even suggesting adjusting or tweaking Tanya's other tools, just air Teleport. I don't think them costing 1 bar stamina will limit her that much. She doesn't use stamina in the ground anyway, and would still have access to ground teleport to move and dodge around. If I'm missing something --the big picture if you will-- I'm more than willing to admit I was wrong. Having said that, watching the best EB look helpless against the best Tanya takes the player factor out of the equation, leaving only the characters themselves to make an assessment: Tanya is certainly equipped with a very powerful tool that could be toned down just a notch.

Death

Noob
While the teleport probably does need some kind of change, there is finally a character in this game who can move backward without losing the entire stamina meter and rush down fools such as yourself are demanding urgent and nonsensical changes.

Welcome to TYM.
Not demanding. Just enjoying my popcorn