What's new

How do low tier people deal with superman/batman online?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Online its 95% Batman and Superman

Batman and Superman have no bad match ups and often, against low tier people have the matchup heavily in their favour. So, how do you survive without pulling out your hair? I'm trying to play as Joker and Bane due to their awesome new skins, and the 20000 Batman and Superman players just wipe the floor with you. They have to put in 1/10th of the effort, to get 10 times the reward.

I was playing this Batman, for several matches. And I lost with Bane and Joker probably 7-8 times. Never really got close. I swap to Black Adam and I beat him immediately.

JaredL

Really? I guess by utilizing your characters tools correctly. If you don't like it... keep using Black Adam. :16Bit
Their tools suck against Batman and Superman.

Bane has it the worst though. Batman can zone him the fuck out, do great pressure. Superman can break his armor and that fucking F23 is faster than banes D1.

I don't think Bane has anything faster than 9 frames...

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Oh you meant Bane and Joker specifically? With Bane you can venom up to get through Batman's zoning. But I see your point... it really isn't a friendly place for Bane. I don't really go online with him often... Bane gets destroyed online. :16Bit

JaredL

Oh you meant Bane and Joker specifically? With Bane you can venom up to get through Batman's zoning. But I see your point... it really isn't a friendly place for Bane. I don't really go online often... Bane gets destroyed online. :16Bit
Venom up to get through his zoning? How?

There is no reason to ever use a normal attack as Bane except to start combos or to punish. His normals are irrelevant. He has armor on every special and the opponent has to guess on every knockdown.

But yea, Superman and Batman are a major pain in the ass. I'd say Batman more so than Superman.

I'm picking a secondary...

Lobo v superman/green lantern/black Adam/cyborg is hell.
I still play the above matchups to get better at them and improve my overall play but no way am I not having a secondary for them when im at a tourney. Just waiting for those much needed lobo buffs ^^ then I can reap the rewards of all this practice. (Wishful thinking ._. )

JaredL

Venom up... then you... I don't know... armor through it? He has like a batarang and his trait... he isn't some kind of master zoner. :16Bit
Oh how little you know.

His batarangs hit twice. So you need at least venom 2.

Oh but wait, he can MB on reaction for 3 hits. So, you need level 3.

Oh but wait, he has a parry... which fucks over level 3. And his trait can do 1 at a time, so hes constantly chucking shit at you which you can't get through.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Oh how little you know.

His batarangs hit twice. So you need at least venom 2.

Oh but wait, he can MB on reaction for 3 hits. So, you need level 3.

Oh but wait, he has a parry... which fucks over level 3. And his trait can do 1 at a time, so hes constantly chucking shit at you which you can't get through.
I go straight to level 3. I don't fuck around if I want to get in. Hit low to avoid the parry. It only parries high. :16Bit

You said use your specials to armor through.
Really though, just go YOLO level 3 venom. It's awesome. MB Charge at lvl 3 does like full combo damage. It's a good trade.

Not that you're going to beat Batman that way or that it's easy because it's not. I think Batman is the WOAT for Bane and he crushes me.

Actually, this is what will happen. You will trade charges with batarangs, so he will stop using them when he see's level 3. This happens with Deathstroke players as well. After they eat a lvl 3 charge or two, they will be wary. So then you juice up to level 3 to mind game them, and you dash in and grab their ass.

If they are retarded, you will trade with them over and over and they will die. Unless I'm talking out of my ass and Batman can block after throwing the Batarang.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
You said use your specials to armor through.
Well it is hard to parry on reaction. Even so eating the parry is better than eating all of the batarangs. I honestly don't think a competent Batman main would parry when they have so many other things in their arsenal. :16Bit

JaredL

Well it is hard to parry on reaction. Even so eating the parry is better than eating all of the batarangs. I honestly don't think a competent Batman main would parry when they have so many other things in their arsenal. :16Bit
Parry stops a full screen charge. That means in order to get in, you need to dash. Batman and his batarangs, especially meterburned are fucking 1 trillion on plus. And he builts lots of meter just chucking shit at you.

Man I get angry even thinking about it. Fuck you batman.

Also, just remember, Superman is a cheese character. Any character with a 2 frame super is a cheese fucking factory.