What's new

How did you get your nickname?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
meshuggah is my favorite band. all of their CDs are good, but this was the coolest sounding one in my opinion so... I went with that =P

sLeeK

Noob
a mobb deep song, my psn it was... all i could come up with 3 years ago man :(
ha haaaaa I love finding people I play online posting comments on this site. GGs last night bro you have a nasty rain!

My name came from counter strike source when I use to play competitively.. I made a clutch play and my buddy was like, "OH SHIT THAT WAS SLEEEK" Name stuck, rest is history.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Meshuggah is the most important "extreme" metal band of all time.

If you claim to like heavy music and don't like meshuggah you're just straight up wrong. Or a liar.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Meshuggah is the most important "extreme" metal band of all time.

If you claim to like heavy music and don't like meshuggah you're just straight up wrong. Or a liar.
I can agree with that. You never heard breakdowns/rhythmics/guitar work like that until they came along. Ozzfest '02. Blew me away.

Now scene kids with too much makeup and Asking Alexandria shirts look at me like im speaking Nordic when I try and explain to them where all the less-than-reputable scream-sing-scream-sing-breakdown-scream bands of today originated from (Meshuggah, Between The Buried And Me, Chimaira, Atreyu, Otep, Hatebreed, the list goes on...), but it never does any good. They just go on and on about how awesome Generic Screamo Metal Band A or Generic Screamo Metal Band B are...it's a lost cause. *sigh*

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Alright so my nickname is derived from my first name....and it has nothing to do with guano or the town (Guamo) in Columbia.

I just added the ol' Kun at the end to make it easier to find anything I post on the interwebs.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I got it 10 years ago and haven't taken it out of rotation since.
Anyone who's a fan of industrial/SFX heavy/slipknot-ish-fuck-you-all metal should give it a spin at least once.
"Play 'Song For The Suspect' Live" is #9 on my List Of Things To Do Before I Die.

And now I gotta watch Idiocracy again after being reminded. "It's got electrolytes..."
Song For The Suspect FTW

I have two nick names:
- at polish sites - H! Vltg3 - is a name of one of Linkin Park' songs:
- internationaly i'm Psycho4rent - i'd be your psycho, if you'll pay me. ^^

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There's a heart disease called Prinzmetal's angina. I found the name cool and powerful, so I borrowed it.

Fenro

Nordic myth
I myself have always come up with my nick names on the flow. there is no back story behind them. the first nick name i used in the internet was Daigata, later on i used Damathus and for the last 9 years it has been Fenro and most likely will stay as that until i die.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My nickname...

Actually, it's not truly a "nickname" in the sense, because "Blake" is my true name in life. I simply combined two other portions to it: "Gamer" to describe exactly what I am and "90" as half of my birthyear, 1990. Hence, "GamerBlake90" came into existence.

I still remember the very night when I first created that identity to define myself. It was like four days after Christmas 2009. I was eating bacon while holed up in my room reading tons of Internet shit. Then not too long after I made the tag, I got right to work with the online play in MKDC...which is what led me up to all of this.

Crazy Blake 88, my other nickname that I'm using here on TYM, is obviously my clan tag for PSN.

As you likely note, I use my real name in all PSN tags I make. This wasn't always the case since over a year ago, but I've since then made it a point to let everyone know the real me.

Zebster

How's my volume?
To explain where Zebster came from I need to explain another nickname of mine, Zebia. A friend of mine who was practicing japanese told me that's how you'd write my name (Xavier) if it was translated to Japanese and changed into Romaji. From there a good friend of mine referred to me a couple of times on streams as the Zebster. I noticed on a lot of websites that the name Zebia was taken (including SRK) so I used the name Zebster instead, and kept it for other FG websites (except SmashBoards, I use Zebia on there whenever I'm giving feedback on Smash Crusade).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm pretty sure you all know where my name came from, but if not...story time! :)

When I started out on forums and whatnot, I went by Azuro, which was the name of my Phantasy Star character. It stuck with me until I got kinda tired of the name, and decided to change it to something else. My ex-girlfriend (Who is still a good friend of mine) gave me the nickname Tay Bear, and I decided I would take that and make it into something just plain gay lol. Thus, I came up with The Huggable Tay Bear. I got tired of typing it out when I went to log in and stuff, so I just shortened it to THTB.

^_^